SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Detroit Officer Charged Over Journalists Being Shot With Rubber Pellets
A Detroit police officer is facing charges over accusations that he fired rubber pellets at three photojournalists who were covering anti-racism protests sparked by the police killing of George Floyd.

Cpl. Daniel Debono, 32, is charged with three counts of felonious assault for allegedly firing the nonlethal ordnance at MLive photographer Nicole Hester and independent photojournalists Seth Herald and Matthew Hatcher in the early morning hours of May 31.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It's interesting how Americans have a blood-lust for seeing their own [undesired/negatively stereotyped] American citizens punished and even killed - all over ignorance, prejudice and a fetish for authority.

Again, this is why it is so easy to destabilize the US. You know the way Americans treat their "lowest" citizens because if you exchanged an [unarmed] human recently killed by law enforcement for a dog, the reactions would be polar opposite (i.e. sympathy and compassion would be expressed in the case of the dog). We know why, we are just supposed to pretend we don't for the sake of an hackneyed argument dancing around the issue(s). A nation that sees its own citizens as "others" is a nation that is destined to fall.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It says something when a police officer get charged for hitting someone with a rubber bullet but people are killing people and burning buildings without being charged.

It says something when people pooh-pooh the abuse of power that is police firing weapons at innocent people.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to wait until ALL the facts are in.

If the photojournalists were wearing black hoodies and using $5 cameras and so close to the rioters that they were indistinguishable from the rioters...or the officer was having a bout of PTSD....or the prosecutor is sympathetic with the DNC....it's going to be yet another politically motivated arrest and abuse of power. (Malicious prosecution)

Lots of this sort of thing going on currently in the Government. The Missouri couple defending their home in a gated community have already been declared innocent and the DA now up on charges and is being sued for his misconduct.
Portland is about a half step away of having it's city Government thrown in federal prison for sedition.

Politics is becoming so polarized that people are breaking the laws and oaths of office with impunity.
This is chaos. This is destruction of the Government.
If I wanted to live in chaos I'd go there.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm going to wait until ALL the facts are in.

If the photojournalists were wearing black hoodies and using $5 cameras and so close to the rioters that they were indistinguishable from the rioters...

One of the three was shooting for Getty - it's safe to assume that he wasn't rolling around with a $5 camera. Additionally, according to the article, they were wearing press credentials and had already interacted with the officer.

or the officer was having a bout of PTSD

PTSD doesn't excuse firing on journalists.

....or the prosecutor is sympathetic with the DNC....it's going to be yet another politically motivated arrest and abuse of power. (Malicious prosecution)

The prosecutor's political leanings are irrelevant. If the officer fired on journalists, he should be charged. You seem to be of the opinion that political leanings should be a factor.

Lots of this sort of thing going on currently in the Government. The Missouri couple defending their home in a gated community have already been declared innocent and the DA now up on charges and is being sued for his misconduct.

Source?

Portland is about a half step away of having it's city Government thrown in federal prison for sedition.

Politics is becoming so polarized that people are breaking the laws and oaths of office with impunity.
This is chaos. This is destruction of the Government.
If I wanted to live in chaos I'd go there.

You just went to bat for a cop who opened fire on unarmed journalists crossing the street and you want to complain about government officials breaking laws and oaths of office with impunity? Really?

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0