Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or all over the middle east and Africa too. Islam, so cool.

I meant as far as america is concerned, I could care less about what third world countries do because such behavior is expected there.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that feminists generally don't oppose FGM?
Global Issues: Female Genital Mutilation - Feminist Majority Foundation
I'm suggesting the MSM, many hollywood loud mouth shnooks(like the gals on The View) and most of the vagina hat wearing 'ladies' are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. They're not really offended by gender inequality.... they're not really motivated by the fight for women's rights... what they are offended by is conservatism.

• Agree
Reactions: jerrygab2
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm suggesting the MSM, many hollywood loud mouth shnooks(like the gals on The View) and most of the vagina hat wearing 'ladies' are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. They're not really offended by gender inequality.... they're not really motivated by the fight for women's rights... what they are offended by is conservatism.
If they want to be gay Islamic pink polka dotted penguins with smelly hairy armpits, let them!

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And what are you basing that opinion on?

While conservative Islam is certainly a big offender against women's rights, conservative movements in general tend not to be big supporters of women's equality, so it's not surprising that those in support of wonen''s rights tend to be on the opposite side of conservatives on most issues.

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

inkaboutit

Apr 19, 2017
CA
✟9,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The practice predates Christianity, and therefore Islam as well. Be careful trying to connect this to a religion, because UNICEF reports indicate that it's pretty common for Christian groups in Africa too. It's more common for Muslims, but not by much. Check page 73 of this report:

http://data.unicef.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/FGMC_Lo_res_Final_26.pdf
I don't care about thousands of years ago. I care about today. Gun violence is among white people in the US too. Worse and most predominantly among blacks.

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't care about thousands of years ago. I care about today. Gun violence is among white people in the US too. Worse and most predominantly among blacks.
Not thousands of years ago. Today, female genital mutilation is not significantly more common for Muslims than it is for Christians.

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And what are you basing that opinion on?
By their actions.
They 're inconsistent.
They applaud and cheer people like Bill Maher who uses the 'C' word in describing Sarah Palin. Or Louis CK who spews the most misogynistic words you can think of. But because it's aimed at Sarah Palin... it's no harm done. They get the red carpet treatment. And invited to host their liberal events.
They give standing ovations to men who rape little 13 year old girls. Why? Because he's a good liberal. Nothing else matters... he pulls the liberal line and so raping girls is ok... in their minds.

They ignore the plight of women if it hurts their liberal cause or helps the conservative cause. And they exploit the plight of women when it helps them.

... conservative movements in general tend not to be big supporters of women's equality, so it's not surprising that those in support of wonen''s rights tend to be on the opposite side of conservatives on most issues.
I could not disagree with you more...
What do you base this opinion on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Conservatism by default is against anything related to change, equal rights, etc. Theres a reason conservatives don't have many minorities because its the conservatives who don't want minorities to have the same power as the majority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
By their actions.
They 're inconsistent.
They applaud and cheer people like Bill Maher who uses the 'C' word in describing Sarah Palin. Or Louis CK who spews the most misogynistic words you can think of. But because it's aimed at Sarah Palin... it's no harm done. They get the red carpet treatment. And invited to host their liberal events.
They give standing ovations to men who rape little 13 year old girls. Why? Because he's a good liberal. Nothing else matters... he pulls the liberal line and so raping girls is ok... in their minds.

They ignore the plight of women if it hurts their liberal cause or helps the conservative cause. And they exploit the plight of women when it helps them.

I have no idea who Louis CK is, or who you are speaking of that raped a 13 year old girl.
But if you want to talk hypocrisy, what about Ted Nugents recent visit to the White House. An honor for the man whose vulgar, woman hating behavior is well documented, and whose questionable behavior in sex with underage women is disturbing.
As for conservatives in religion or politics not often being on the side of gender equality, there's many things I can point to as evidence, historically and currently. Every time people say they want to roll things back to an earlier time, back when women had fewer rights, I'm reminded of a conservative viewpoint of preserving a much more patriarchal version of the US.
Current pundits who call for repealing a woman's right to vote reinforce that.
I'd like to see more conservatives out there fighting for full women's equality , but I'm not sure that's where their values lie.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I meant as far as america is concerned, I could care less about what third world countries do because such behavior is expected there.

Well you can expect more and more of that in the US as we bring in more and more third world people

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's basically an African tribal practice that hasn't died out yet. Hopefully any cases of it being performed on minors within the jurisdiction of the US are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or all over the middle east and Africa too. Islam, so cool.

Ok, look FGM needs to stop, like yesterday.

That said FGM isn't Islamic, it's cultural. Specifically Central Africa cultural.

It occurs in many countries including several that are Christian majority among certain tribes and cultural groups.

That fact that it takes place in several countries that happen to be Islamic majority is really more of a co-incidence that anything else and the Koran is quite clear on the subject of a woman's right to sexual health and enjoyment and any activity that would interfere with that right is forbidden.

So can we lighten up on the Muslims as a general problem with FGM and actually go after the butchers, whoever they are, to get this stopped, like now.

Here I have citation for my above comments (don't click if you've can't handle women's sexuality)

Female genital mutilation - Wikipedia

(Give it a second on the click - it's an indirect URL call)

Upvote 0