Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron: Michigan Catholics should fast, give alms and do penance

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...after Proposal 3 passage

Catholic leaders in Michigan are calling upon the faithful to fast, pray, give alms and do penance starting later this month following the passage of Proposal 3, the statewide ballot proposal that will enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution.

"We awake today to the news that Proposal 3 has passed, altering our state constitution to allow for unregulated and unsafe abortion on-demand in Michigan," Archbishop of Detroit Allen Vigneron said Wednesday in an email to local Catholics. "We are deeply saddened by this grave assault on the dignity and sanctity of unborn, innocent human life. We grieve for the many women who will continue to be harmed by abortion in our state. ... We grieve for the lives who will be lost because of this unjust and perverse law."

Vigneron called upon Catholics "to make reparations for the great sin of abortion in our midst."

Continued below.
Archbishop: Catholics must do penance after Proposal 3 approved

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
...after Proposal 3 passage

Catholic leaders in Michigan are calling upon the faithful to fast, pray, give alms and do penance starting later this month following the passage of Proposal 3, the statewide ballot proposal that will enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution.

"We awake today to the news that Proposal 3 has passed, altering our state constitution to allow for unregulated and unsafe abortion on-demand in Michigan," Archbishop of Detroit Allen Vigneron said Wednesday in an email to local Catholics. "We are deeply saddened by this grave assault on the dignity and sanctity of unborn, innocent human life. We grieve for the many women who will continue to be harmed by abortion in our state. ... We grieve for the lives who will be lost because of this unjust and perverse law."

Vigneron called upon Catholics "to make reparations for the great sin of abortion in our midst."

Continued below.
Archbishop: Catholics must do penance after Proposal 3 approved
I think almost all of us have failed in small ways or even bigger ways to end this travesty. So we have cause to do penance. For those who have done everything appropriate, they would probably be happy to do another penance.

Abortion suddenly became popular again as the woke crowd made it the most important thing. We thought we had victory. But we're losing. It was about hearts and minds all along, and we didn't really reach as many as we thought we did.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I didn't vote for it.
It wasn’t even on the ballot in my state. But then my state was one vote short of a legislative move to ban abortion and so there was no vote. I sat by in a supposedly prolife state that did nothing. It’s not Michigan but it too needs my work at reparation, particularly because it is famous for a prolific late term abortionist that is yet to be stopped.

Upvote 0