Destruction of Iraq prohesised in Jeremiah Chapter 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Jeremiah Chapter 50-51 its somewhere in the middle of the Bible

I've written the verse here. I had to snip a few parts off to summarize the content. Don't complain otherwise I'll copy the WHOLE thing (which is very very very long) and send it to you. <^.^>

A nation from the north will attack Babylon (which is the ancient name for Iraq)
and lay waste her land. No one will live in it; both men and animals will flee away...(etc...)
Flee out of her For I will stir up and bring against Babylon. An alliance of great nations from the land of the north
They will take up their positions against her
And from the north she will be captured

Look! An army is coming from the north;
A great nation and many kings
are being stirred up from the ends of the earth. ...They are cruel and without mercy;
They sound like the roaring sea... (whats the sound of fighter jets and bombers?)
they come like men in battle formation....
I will send foreigners to Babylon to winnow and to devastate her land; ...
The Lord's purpose against Babylon is to lay waste the land so that no one will live there.... (and on and on and on)
Jeremiah Chapter 50 -51

You can read as much as you like into this one, at least this prophecy was a
little bit more specific.
smile.gif

As you know the last time the Allied nations attacked Iraq they did it from the south (from Saudi Arabia)and they didn't try to conquer her. Jeremiah's prophecy alludes to an attack from the North. So.... I will make this prediction based on the Bible. The Allied army will attack from Turkey which is in the north of Iraq; Turkey is also a member of NATO. As you already
know, NATO has recently agreed to fully support the US and to only them to
use their bases for any attacks on the nation that planned the terrorist attacks.

Note: the Saudis and other Arab nations are against any attack on Iraq.

No, I read it myself.

I was actually searching for a reference to the destruction of Damascus, capital of Syria. Some pastor wrote about a nuclear attack on it and based it on the OT.

Babylon is often used as a symbol or allegory for the enemy or seducer of Christians. But in this context, it is quite geographic specific.

The scary part about the verse is that the attack on Babylon is preceded by a devastating attack on Israel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.