Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I have some plain yogurt leftover from a bread recipe and I'm not sure what to do with it.. Any ideas? :)

These are two very simple ideas which worked for my kids (and me):
1. Banana Split
Split banana lengthwise and spoon over plain yoghurt instead of ice cream. Drizzle with honey and top with sultanas, chopped dried apricots and crushed nuts.

2. Apple and Yoghurt
Chop a couple of tart apples (Granny Smith is good) into bite size pieces. In a bowl stir apple pieces, yoghurt and honey together with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Spoon out into individual bowls. As in 1. you could also add chopped dried fruit.

Plain yoghurt also works as an alternative to sour cream on chili dishes.

Enjoy
OB

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...my yoghurt is always plain...yummy, add to any berries, blueberries, strawberries, and add Maple syrup, or a favourite sweetner, or eat it without sweetner as I do.

low-fat-yogurt-pregnant.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Neari
Upvote 0

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are two very simple ideas which worked for my kids (and me):
1. Banana Split
Split banana lengthwise and spoon over plain yoghurt instead of ice cream. Drizzle with honey and top with sultanas, chopped dried apricots and crushed nuts.

2. Apple and Yoghurt
Chop a couple of tart apples (Granny Smith is good) into bite size pieces. In a bowl stir apple pieces, yoghurt and honey together with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Spoon out into individual bowls. As in 1. you could also add chopped dried fruit.

Plain yoghurt also works as an alternative to sour cream on chili dishes.

Enjoy
OB
Yum, sounds great~♪ Thanks for the recipe! :)

Upvote 0

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...my yoghurt is always plain...yummy, add to any berries, blueberries, strawberries, and add Maple syrup, or a favourite sweetner, or eat it without sweetner as I do.
Looks yumm~ I dont mind plain yogurt either, but I have pretty picky siblings that I was looking to make something for. :)

low-fat-yogurt-pregnant.jpg

Upvote 0

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that there are some fruit pizza recipes that have you mix the cream cheese with yogurt for a lighter dish.
I've seem muffin recipes with yogurt.
Hello~! Made honey-butter-oatmeal-yogurt muffins today! They were GREAT! ♥ Thanks for recommending them to me! :yum:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello~! Made honey-butter-oatmeal-yogurt muffins today! They were GREAT! ♥ Thanks for recommending them to me! :yum:
sounds yummy, can I have the recipe please?

Upvote 0

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sounds yummy, can I have the recipe please?
Of course, here's the link: Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins
I recommend putting some vanilla extract! It tastes like a honey-wheat bread- yum! Oh and you can bake it in a loaf pan if you want! Enjoy, I hope they turn out great! :yum:

Upvote 0