Status
Not open for further replies.

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian
:(

I looked for a forum where I could share my request for urgent prayer. I guess everyone thinks their request is urgent, but if you should come accross this thread, maybe God wanted to you simply ask for my sake in a few short words.

My family and most people they know are already praying. This is the hardest time of my life.

My girlfriend (Sarah) is Jewish. I am Christian. That probably speaks for itself. We are in love and she wants someone to marry. She loves kids and cannot have them for much longer (medical reasons). She doesn't want to marry before this is sorted out (which makes sense). She asked me to become Jewish.

(firstly) Pray for strength for me to be able to not do that.

I found a book called 'Betrayed' by Stan Telchin where a daughter in a Jewish family comes to believe in Jesus. The family was extremely shocked. After a discussion between the family and the daughter she suggests to her father to read the Bible for himself and decide if its true or false seeing that he is an intelligent man himself.

He takes on this task to get ammunition to disprove his daughter's new belief, but after 90 days of struggle the whole family comes to believe in Jesus.

I am not a good teacher (I have tried). The best I could probably do is to give this book to her.

Please pray that she accepts the task of reading the book without feeling negative about it.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit starts to work in her as she reads the book.

My whole being is in turmoil. Thank you for reading this.

May our Lord bless you for being willing to help people like me.

Thank you dearly.
Jean.

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jean,
I will (and have already) pray for your girl-friend.....

I also have read Stan Telchin's book and know of Jews who have recognised Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah - the Son of God after they had read it. So do not be down-hearted, but trust in God to show her the way.

If you want to witness to her, then I suggest you start by telling her that God loves her and wants her to know Him. If you tell her nothing else - tell her that. If she is prepared to look into the New Testament, then encourage her to read Matthew's gospel - it was written to Jews and for Jews, what's more it starts with the most Jewish thing she could read - a genealogy.

Hope it all works out for you both.......

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
JL_Marais,

My prayers are with both of you.

But, I honestly believe that your prayers should first be about yourself.
Prayerfully and humbly, ask God to help you make the right choices. Ask Him to remove all of the distractions that may be blinding you from the truth. Get quiet with God. He may, or may not want you to marry her. He may have put her in your life merely to plant the seeds of salvation. He may have placed you in her life to be a witness to her. Whaterver His plan is, you need to be tuned into it, and not worry about all the distractions. And I know, this is easier said than done. But, all it takes is willingness on your part, to let go of everything you think you know about the situation, and let God work His plan. Eventualy, a calm will come over you, and these urgent and frantic conditions will give way to clear purpose and direction. Ask God to show you what His will is, in this situation. And don't be suprised if it's different than your will.

As a side note, I did find a website called 'Jews for Jesus'. It might be helpful.

Jews for Jesus

I hope this helps. :)

John

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessings and welcome, JL_Marais!

My prayers are for God's will in your life. The Bear has given you good advice and pointed you to an excellent web site "Jews for Jesus." I highly recommend you take a peek there.

God's grace and mercy,

Pat

----------------------

Hi, Bear!

I couldn't think of a better web site to visit than "Jews for Jesus." I have heard Moishe Rosen, Founder, speak at our former church and am impressed with his love for God and his people, the Jews. This is an excellent organization to seek help from.

Good going, Bear!

Pat

Upvote 0
Originally posted by JL_Marais

I looked for a forum where I could share my request for urgent prayer. I guess everyone thinks their request is urgent, but if you should come accross this thread, maybe God wanted to you simply ask for my sake in a few short words.

My family and most people they know are already praying. This is the hardest time of my life.

My girlfriend (Sarah) is Jewish. I am Christian. That probably speaks for itself. We are in love and she wants someone to marry. She loves kids and cannot have them for much longer (medical reasons). She doesn't want to marry before this is sorted out (which makes sense). She asked me to become Jewish.

(firstly) Pray for strength for me to be able to not do that.

I found a book called 'Betrayed' by Stan Telchin where a daughter in a Jewish family comes to believe in Jesus. The family was extremely shocked. After a discussion between the family and the daughter she suggests to her father to read the Bible for himself and decide if its true or false seeing that he is an intelligent man himself.

He takes on this task to get ammunition to disprove his daughter's new belief, but after 90 days of struggle the whole family comes to believe in Jesus.

I am not a good teacher (I have tried). The best I could probably do is to give this book to her.

Please pray that she accepts the task of reading the book without feeling negative about it.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit starts to work in her as she reads the book.

My whole being is in turmoil. Thank you for reading this.

May our Lord bless you for being willing to help people like me.

Thank you dearly.
Jean.
Jean,

Let me first start by letting you know that God already knows the dilema you are in. He knew before you did. And there are answers. The first is realizing that judaism and christianity need not be separate beliefs. The very first christians were all jewish.

You both can become Jewish christians over time. You can still observe many of the laws of the Torah (which is Jesus command anyway) and help her accept that the messiah has come in the form of Jesus in showing her, every minute of every day, the love that is Christ and is inside you.

Rituals mean nothing to God. He stated it himself. You may have to give up pork, but as a person who just had open heart surgery just over a year ago at the tender age of 40, this is a great idea anyway. Most of the pork you get not only is loaded with fat, but worse is the salt used in pork shoulders and hams, and even bacon.

The choice is yours. Love trancends any racial or religious barrier. Once BOTH of you realize this, then you will have a marriage blessed by God and Christ. And isn't THAT all that really matters? Love conquers ALL, and that includes the situations you described.

God bless you, and all those you love. May God's hand find you and never leave you again.

Upvote 0
By the way, there is a site dedicated to religious tolerance. I had it bookmarked on my other computor, but I will have to search for it again. Their is no religion not represented there and everyone is very nice, except those few who show up with no other purpose than to cause problems. I will find it for you in the next couple days.

Upvote 0

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by His_Saving_Grace
By the way, there is a site dedicated to religious tolerance. I had it bookmarked on my other computor, but I will have to search for it again. Their is no religion not represented there and everyone is very nice, except those few who show up with no other purpose than to cause problems. I will find it for you in the next couple days.

Thank you for your kind words (and those from everyone else). I'm taking it a day at a time and I gave her the book this morning. She didn't take it too badly. I was afraid she might start to protest and maybe even argue once she saw it. Maybe a sign of my small faith. Maybe preparing myself for the worst, and being happy about anything better.

I appreciate all the replies and all the reads. I will report back as things develop. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian

She said she has no time to read. She said she is stuborne and she will not change her belief and I must know that now.

Maybe it is a step back or maybe I just didn't see it for as bad as it was.

She is quite ignorant on the Word of the Lord though. She has only read one volume of this book... The book of Beraishis.... elsewhere it says Genesis. She didn't really get into anything else. The second book (these books are quite thick, but the print is a little big as well) The book of Shemos is said to be Exodus (it seems). She has not really started on this one. These are the only books she has and apparently she lost some when her parents moved or something.

Still its quite clear how much she seems to know about her scripture.

How can she base anything on that? How do I make her see that? Don't I? Do I just pray...? Sigh.

I have come here tonight (6:13pm) to study the bible. Hers and mine.

If you have any help to shed light on the subject please post. I have to move as quick as possible and my Bible knowledge is not what it could be either. I might move to the Bible discussion forum (the workshop) with this from this point on, as well maybe the Round table forum as well.... Will have to see.......

Ahhhhhh! What a position this is.

Upvote 0

WhitBit

Mirror of His Heart
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟610.00
*wondering how I could've missed this post for so long*

I'll certainly begin prayer for you!! What a struggling position to be in - but John is right. This is God's area of expertise :D Let Him use you in every way possible, through your live, devotion to God, faithfulness to Him and to presenting to her your love for Christ, etc. You cannot make any choices for her, but I'm sure you're well versed in the subject of being equally yolked (hm...is the sp of that different from the egg yolk??) and understand the importance of not committing your life to her in marriage before she makes a decision to follow Christ. :) My heart aches for your dilemma, JL. But now you have a new issue to address...would you continue to date someone God would not have you marry?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"I looked for a forum where I could share my request for urgent prayer..."

"My whole being is in turmoil."

"Maybe it is a step back or maybe I just didn't see it for as bad as it was."

"I have to move as quick as possible..."

JL_Marais, have you gotten quiet with God, yet? Have you asked Him to show you His will?

Just a suggestion...... :)

John

Upvote 0

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by WhitBit
but I'm sure you're well versed in the subject of being equally yolked

Not really... Maybe because English is not my first language? It sounds familiar though.

:confused:

Maybe I don't want to know. I was like a 'dead man walking' before I met her. She is the happiness in my life. Nothing excited me before her. You probably couldn't even comprehend how this was and how the prospect of going back to that is.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Lord, I'm aking you right now with all these other guys who ar praying for this situation; let Your will be done. I pray for salvation in this girl's life, I ask you to bring your slavation and grace into her life. Please, open her eyes so she can see you, I know you love her, and I know you care. I also pray for JL_Marais, open his eyes too so he can see your will in this, take away all things that stops him from hearing you.
Let him just know what your will is, I tahnk you that you hear all prayers that have been said. Glorify your name!

---
I just want to say; don't do anything before you "know" what to do, sometimes God is waitning with the answer cuz he wants us to wait until he comes, not as long as we want to wait. God bless you and I pray that your girlfriend will see God, not in the OT:s way, in the NT:s way! Blessings!

Upvote 0

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian
Mixed feelings. Something else happened and that almost made me want to break it off. I thought this thing was quite serious, but I'm prepared to let it slide, for a while at least. It upset me so much I took leave for a day.

Later she also suggested that I should convert and then just believe what I want. We had more of a talk and I prepared a printed document with prophesies from the old testament and I gave the corresponding quite from the Jewish bible every time. She didn't believe Isaiah's text was from a Jewish source. I went to buy her the Jewish book of Isaiah. At some point she said she thought about what I said and she would read Isaiah sometime.

I don't have much money left. I bought about five bible books and my car is in for a service and I might (probably) have to pay back thousands to the taxman because they said our travel allowances have to be cancelled.

That's it for now. Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Upvote 0

JL_Marais

Feb 6, 2002
✟156.00
Faith
Christian
At least it seems the tax would option be corrected as a clean slate thing. We would not have to pay back. Pheew.

Maybe I should mention that it may sound admirable the way I am prepared to leave her for this. I probably would, but I might struggle to stand firm in the future and I am nothing special. (maybe this sounded weird or out of line, but you might understand what I meant.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.