• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Desolate Kingdom Prophecy and The Church at Sardis

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Minister Monardo, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,231
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Matthew 12:25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: Every kingdom
    divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against
    itself will not stand.

When Jesus makes such a definitive statement, this has become a prophetic word.
    “Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Revelation 19:10

A Divided Kingdom cannot stand, and all rebellion must be brought to desolation.
    Holding certain doctrines brought churches to the point of judgment in the 1st century.

Revelation 3:1 And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,These things say He
    who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: I know your works, that you
    have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.

At the time of this message, the church of Sardis was alive in name only, but was already
    a dead congregation. A church fallen from favor was said to have their candlestick

removed from before the throne of the Lord. Revelation 1:20; Revelation 2:5

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for
    I have not found your works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.
    Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not
    know what hour I will come upon you.

4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and
    they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.

Among this dying church are “a few names” worthy to be clothed in white garments, while their names remain in the book of Life. They are instructed to continue watchful, for though they are few in number, they must remain in fellowship with one another, for their works
    have not been found perfect before God. “Hold fast and repent” or the Lord will come upon you. He uses the familiar expressions “I come as a thief”, and “you know not the hour that I will come”.

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God
    has come upon you.

While the Lord shows Himself personally involved in the churches, His kingdom moves
    against those acting in rebellion.
    The desolation of entire congregations, while strengthening the few who have been faithful grants the opportunity for individuals who have been on the fence to repent and become watchful once again.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there also must be heresies among you, that they which are
    approved may be made manifest among you.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,231
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    The likelihood is that He will take similar action as the time of the Gentiles comes in.
    Luke 21:24 And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles
    are fulfilled.

Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with
    Me scatters abroad.

“For judgment must begin at the house of God''. 1 Peter 4:17
    Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not
    blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father
    and before His angels.