• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Desk job killing me!

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Guys I'm feeling pretty brilliant right now. So I took my bfs football and sat in the armchair rolling my hurt back against it. It's relieving the pain better than anything else I've tried. Now I know what to do for my mom's back when she's got a sore back.

I'm sure this probably isn't good for herniated discs or something serious like this but for spasms or regular back pain it's as good as a massage.

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless you have another underlying problem you will not get cankles from standing all day.

I stand on a wobble board at a standing desk all day and do not have cankles. This has really strengthened my legs and glutes, but has required some core strengthening (like planks) for my back to retain good posture.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am currently sitting in an armchair at home with terrible stabbing back pain. That's hurts to even breathe. I couldn't even stand up straight a few hours ago. I've tried heating pads, stretches, icy hot, activated charcoal... It tightens right back up and I can't move. I have high pain tolerance too cause Ive taken 4 shots in the mouth at once without a wince and also needles in the face during acne extractions, but this sharp stabbing back pain is terrible.

I hate my call center desk job and resent that it's the way of life to be chained there for 8.5 hours a day with no reprieve unless you're in the grave.

Anyway, I'm gonna say this pain is probably due to my office job. I'm only 26 and I try to walk or jog everyday I stretch throughout the day. No I will not have the option to switch chairs at my job or switch to a standing desk. Even if I do try I do not want cankles (fat ankles) from standing all day.

How in the world am I even supposed to go to work tomorrow or do anything else if I can't even straighten my back!

I'm in my probabtionary period and I can't call out or be late otherwise termination. Even if I did call out not like that's going to help long term.

Help! What do I do?

One doesn't get fat ankles from standing, unless you have a significant circulation problem, which causes swelling. This is typically seen in people with a certain level of heart failure and older people.

If your back pain is that bad, you need to get it checked by a qualified physician, to see what the underlying problem is.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is so weird for me. I've never had back pain and have usually been a very active person. College and the 40 hour work week after graduating have literally destroyed my health.

I never used to have these kinds of problems.
You might want to take a look at this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0