W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps he’s pointing out the irony of calling others “carnally minded” for having more than you while ignoring the fact that you have more than others. It’s that whole plank in the eye thing.
Of course i should expect to be called names. The truth isnt always popular.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see no fault in you judging. Just letting you know that you are spiritually judged when you judge others. "Judge not!" was not a command given to stop the one being judged from feeling bad.....It is to help the one doing the judging. Everyone is free to accept or reject the help.

The scripture you posted will always be true every time you post it. But ones interpretation of it depends on where their heart is. Heaven is the bees knees.....so I could care less about material riches anyone here has. You want a mansion? Get it... But let me also tell you about the mansion in the sky.....the one that will never deteriorate or break down....
So the messenger that preaches against covetousness, is being covetous himself? You all are wrong to accuse me of judging. I could easily apply that same argument in many other theological discussions. You would probably call the apostle paul covetous and accuse him of judging.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this piece doing the rounds a while ago:

"If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you can read this message you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all."

Great quote, which is probably more close to truth than fiction.

So with that in mind, what did Christ call us, those who have a lot, to do? Do we say there will always be poor and go on our way. Or do we use every opportunity we have to help the poor?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am being accused of judging and of being covetous of others wealth. They said i am jealous and want their house.
Perhaps it has something to do with you accusing people you've never met of being "carnally minded" based on your perception of their financial wealth. Regardless, no one here has called you any names.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps it has something to do with you accusing people you've never met of being "carnally minded" based on your perception of their financial wealth. Regardless, no one here has called you any names.
Storing wealth on earth is being carnally minded, because its about carnal things. Isnt life more than the body?. Paul instructed Timothy to flee from desiring wealth, and instead to be content with food and clothing, and to fight the good fight of faith. Are you saying that Timothy could have had a mansion if only Paul didn't judge him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the messenger that preaches against covetousness, is being covetous himself? You all are wrong to accuse me of judging. I could easily apply that same argument in many other theological discussions. You would probably call the apostle paul covetous and accuse him of judging.
Preaching against covetousness and saying someone is covetous if they do this or that outwardly are two different things. I said repeatedly I dont see anything wrong with you judging....You said you were judging righteously..so i had no idea you viewed judging negatively. If you want, I could use a different word. I personally dont care if one decides to judge or not. Was just letting you know that the one judging is the one affected. And if you want for yourself the outcomes you place on others....then you are good to go.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use internet for fellowship, and for learning new skills. My home is rented. Besides, this isnt about me, its about desiring wealth being a snare or trap.
So it's OK for you to call people carnally minded simply because they have more than you, but when someone points out that you have more than others suddenly it's a problem? Friend, I'm not trying to pick on you. But please don't wrap up class envy in scripture and try to pass it off as righteous.

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've coveted. Hopefully not excuse or justify it or pass blame wrongly
If you have need and use of a bigger worldly home be blessed
If you eat healthy food and get fat be blessed spiritually very much
If you have good things use and share
Some think adhering to the Law is spiritual
If one is born again of water and Spirit he can do much good as God allows
A legalist who adds to Jesus's requirements spreads legalism and judges by appearance not Word spiritually
Everyone is richer than someone...or has slightly different gifts

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Preaching against covetousness and saying someone is covetous if they do this or that outwardly are two different things. I said repeatedly I dont see anything wrong with you judging....You said you were judging righteously..so i had no idea you viewed judging negatively. If you want, I could use a different word. I personally dont care if one decides to judge or not. Was like letting you know that the one judging is the one affected. And it you want for yourself the outcomes you place on others....then you are good to go.....
The truth is hard to hear. Wealth is deceitful (Matthew 13)

Matthew 13:22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

1 Timothy 6:9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

1 Corinthians 7:29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none, 30 those who weep as though they did not weep, those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess, 31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.

Upvote 0