W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Deuteronomy 8:18King James Version (KJV)
18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Do not store wealth on earth but in heaven, where your treasure is so is your heart.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Matthew 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That scripture is referring to judgment, not wealth
Why cant you just agree with the bible, without putting your own personal twists in it? I agree with every verse you post and i add nothing to it and take nothing away. Yet when I post a scripture, you have to change it around to match your own personal beliefs.

You are not here to discuss truth, you just want to push your own personal doctrine.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why cant you just agree with the bible, without putting your own personal twists in it? I agree with every verse you post and i add nothing to it and take nothing away. Yet when I post a scripture, you have to change it around to match your own personal beliefs.

You are not here to discuss truth, you just want to push your own personal doctrine.
What twists is that? Look at Matthew teaching the same thing. Its about judgment not wealth.

Matthew 7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What twists is that? Look at Matthew teaching the same thing. Its about judgment not wealth.

Matthew 7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
My point exactly, Why cant you just look at the scriptures i post and agree, just like I look at yours and agree. Why do you have to try and make sure the reader gets no interpretation other than yours? Why do you feel the truth of the bible, requires your extra commentary to be understood?

It seems you are trying to replace the doctrines of God with your own. Why else would you not let the word speak for itself?

I never mentioned what i felt the scripture was about....They are self explanatory. You are the one trying make sure others see no more in these scriptures than you currently see.

All scriptures agree......so it is pointless to try discredit a verse i post, with a different verse from the same bible. They all agree, although some may not see how at the moment.

God reveals truth to those he chooses to reveal them to. This is why i post scripture, and let God give the understanding. God's message should be heard, not my own.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point exactly, Why cant you just look at the scriptures i post and agree, just like I look at yours and agree. Why do you have to try and make sure the reader gets no interpretation other than yours? Why do you feel the truth of the bible, requires your extra commentary to be understood?

It seems you are trying to replace the doctrines of God with your own. Why else would you not let the word speak for itself?

I never mentioned what i felt the scripture was about....They are self explanatory. You are the one trying make sure others see no more in these scriptures than you currently see.

All scriptures agree......so it is pointless to try discredit a verse i post, with a different verse from the same bible. They all agree, although some may not see how at the moment.

God reveals truth to those he chooses to reveal them to. This is why i post scripture, and let God give the understanding. God's message should be heard, not my own.
Ok, what do you disagree with exactly?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not sure why some folks can't just accept that God blesses folks in whatever way He sees fit, be it materially or not. If this forum was around at the time of Job there'd be a whole lot of other "friends" of his telling him he's a sinner on account of how God blessed him.

We need to let our lives be dictated by scripture, not cherry pick scripture to make us feel better about the lives we decide to live.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure why some folks can't just accept that God blesses folks in whatever way He sees fit, be it materially or not. If this forum was around at the time of Job there'd be a whole lot of other "friends" of his telling him he's a sinner on account of how God blessed him.

We need to let our lives be dictated by scripture, not cherry pick scripture to make us feel better about the lives we decide to live.
The Lord said not to store wealth on earth but in heaven. Paul teaches that we are content with food and clothing, and that covetousness is idolatry. Living the lifestyle of the rich and famous seems unwise. After all the Lord said whoever didn't obey His words was a foolish man who built His house on sand. We have a mansion in heaven built on a Rock. True wealth isn't money but is joy, peace, Hope, faith and love.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord said not to store wealth on earth but in heaven. Paul teaches that we are content with food and clothing, and that covetousness is idolatry. Living the lifestyle of the rich and famous seems unwise. After all the Lord said whoever didn't obey His words was a foolish man who built His house on sand. We have a mansion in heaven built on a Rock. True wealth isn't money but is joy, peace, Hope, faith and love.
Thank you for proving my point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You claim that God makes some rich? Look here, in acts

Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True wealth isn't money but is joy, peace, Hope, faith and love.

This is very true.....yet you dont really believe it. If you did, this thread would not exist.....you would not be judging ones treasure by the amount of money and the size of their house.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You assertion was that God blesses people with wealth like He did with Job. However, in the Kingdom, our wealth is stored in heaven for us. Why do you ignore this?
Did he not Bless Job? Are you saying that God changes? What he did in the past, He cant do now and in the future?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0