Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imagine that you have been cast away on a desert island, where you are totally by yourself (i.e. no people, animals or birds), you have an endless supply of food and drinking water, no sickness or disease, you are wearing the clothes that you are currently wearing, the climate is always excellent, there is no foreseable possibility of you being rescued, there is no electricity but you do have in your possesion a bible (your most loved version) and a Swiss army knife (or similar). The island can be up to 500 sq. miles is size (if that's an important fact for you) and can be considered to be covered with as many or as few trees and plants that you wish. :) :)

Now, the questions are:

1. What are the five items (not people or animals) that you would want to have with you? :confused:

2. What would you do on your first day?

3. If you could have one other person (other than Jesus, etc) to be there with you, who would that be? :holy:

4. and if you really feel brave....which person from these forums would you like to have with you? :wave:

After 3 years on this island, you suddenly discover a buried generator, which runs off natural island produce.

5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you? :scratch:

Dream on.....

...but tell us a bit about yourself ;)

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
1. Survival knife, tent, flint, rope, chocolate covered Krispy Kreme donuts.

2. Skinny Dip!?! :o

3. The Professor from Gilligans Island, because he could build anything out of coconuts.

4. It wouldn't be Redeemed1, because she would eat all my chocolate! :p So can anybody here build stuff out of coconuts.

5. Radio.

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
1 Blankets, matches, soap, tent and make-up bag.

2 Build some sort of house

3 My husband (in case there are tropical bugs that need to be killed and he was an Eagle Scout he can start a fire with one match)

4 I would take Redeemed1 because I know she would have chocolate with her and she is nice. :D

5 Computer

God bless,
Roberta

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. What are the five items (not people or animals) that you would want to have with you?

• An Army cot with blankets
  • A toolbox with every major hand tool
  • Flares
  • A fishing net
  • A well-stocked medical kit

Construct a shelter and locate food.

3. If you could have one other person (other than Jesus, etc) to be there with you, who would that be?

Either McGyver or Hannibal from the A-Team. :D

4. and if you really feel brave....which person from these forums would you like to have with you?

There's too many of you to choose from.

After 3 years on this island, you suddenly discover a buried generator, which runs off natural island produce.
5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you?

A power butt-kicker to wallop myself with for not finding the generator for three years......

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, you have McGyver or Hannibal construct it for you. :D

After all, Hannibal built a working machine gun out of a washing machine once, and McGyver was always blasting his way through solid brick walls with---as my uncle once put it---"Two handfuls of horse manure and a gob of snot". :D :D :D

Upvote 0
Now, the questions are:

1. What are the five items (not people or animals) that you would want to have with you? :confused:

3. If you could have one other person (other than Jesus, etc) to be there with you, who would that be? :holy:

4. and if you really feel brave....which person from these forums would you like to have with you? :wave:

5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you? :scratch:

MY ANSWERS: :wave:

1. Matches, sleeping bag, sunscreen, gun, bullets
2. After a good cry, I'd start a fire and build a shelter.
3. My best friend so that I'd have laughter.
4. I think Stogus, because he always has chocolate, and because I'd need someone to irritate.
5. cd player, for worship music.

<good answers Karla! :clap: >

Upvote 0

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok StogusMaximus.. I knew someone would ask.... :help:

1. What are the five items (not people or animals) that you would want to have with you?

Photograph album, sandals, fresh set of clothes, scissors, soap :idea:

Relax :cool:

3. If you could have one other person (other than Jesus, etc) to be there with you, who would that be?

My wife (she says that this is the right answer...) :bow:

4. and if you really feel brave....which person from these forums would you like to have with you?

Josephus :wave: (I'd like to get his Jewish persepective on the gospels)

5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you?

Computer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
--a recipe for soap using the island produce
--an herbalist medicine book
--matches
--batteries for my hearing aids
--knowing me, the Sick Bay from Star Trek Voyager, complete with holographic doctor

Try to build a fire and keep it going without using up all my matches.

My husband. He's retired Army, so he knows all that survival stuff, plus I kinda like to have him around. He has to be allowed his own list of five things, though, because he'd rather drown than be without his telescope.

I think I'd pick Wolseley, but only if he is allowed to bring his library with him. Or maybe I should just ask for his library??
Actually, I'd probably pick ZooMom. She's got five kids, she NEEDS to get away on a deserted island!

5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you? Laptop with wireless web access!

(hey! Wait a minute!! I think I need to add toilet paper to the list at Number One!)

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What a fun thread!!! :clap:

1. Matches, a change of clothes, a sleeping bag, a journal, and a box of pens

2. I'd expore the island...which makes it even sillier that it takes me 3 years to find the generator! :scratch:

3. I'd choose to have a certain "friend" of mine that I posted about in the prayer forum with me. I've got a lot I'd like to talk to him about, and if we were stranded on an island, he'd HAVE to listen! :p :p :p

4. I don't know anyone well enough from the forums yet....can everyone come? Wait, that would be over 1,000 people...so much for the island being deserted! ;)

5. My laptop

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, great thread!!!

Ummm. survival kit, a fully stuffed medicine kit, sunscreen, a trunk full of clothes, and a nice fluffy pillow.

More than likely, I would spend all day walking around crying and wondering where the bathroom is.

I would want my husband of course, but Mom would be hiding in the trunk.

I think I would want Erwin, cause he is a doctor and a genius and could probably figure out how to get us out of there. Or maybe TheBear, cause he likes to fish and he could catch all the food.

A computer of course. I am an addict after all.

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,775,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. What are the five items (not people or animals) that you would want to have with you? my shortwave radio, a humongous supply of batteries for it, a pillow, a really warm quilt, my daughter's stuffed zebra

2.What would you do on your first day? Look for a good place to live

3. If you could have one other person (other than Jesus, etc) to be there with you, who would that be? My husband--he's so smart and he LOVES outdoor life

4. and if you really feel brave....which person from these forums would you like to have with you? MizDoulos is very sweet :holy:

5. What one electrical item (and associated accessories) would you like to have had with you? computer with internet access :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The British SAS survival manual
Shortwave radio and massive battery supply (like lucypevensie said)
A set of barbells!
A first aid kit
Writing supplies

2.What would you do on your first day?
All things considered, reconnoiter the island, asess the situation, get on my knees, and shout to the heavens, "gods of freedom I am yours!" :)

All things considered, Wolseley had a good one with MacGyver
but I'll kind of follow in that vain but say Martha Stewart!
(handy and more versatile!)

Whichever poor soul lost the lottery on that one!

Electric can opener! No, just kidding!! Probably a 'puter, or a TV that gets ESPN if it's baseball season!!!! :)

bonus Q

Who would you least like to be stuck on the island with?

Upvote 0
1. A wilson volleyball
2. giant suitcases
3. a big notebook
4. A radio
5. a mirror(I am so gorgeous)

On the first day I'd go hunting

I would have no one I have wilson the volleyball after all and he don't give me no lip

electrical item-electric typewriter

All I have are my dreams if you want to get real ask me a question I'll try not to give you more of an answer than you are ready for. :}

Upvote 0