Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's just put it this way---you won't see [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Drag Queen Storytime and LGBT pride parades replete with men in dog zipper masks covered in vaseline in the tribal areas.
that actually depends. more tribal areas aren’t always so classically moral.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To clarify my statement, there is a consistency in their worship much like consistency in our Divine Liturgy. I meant with regard to prayer and their daily lifestyle, not so much theologically. I know they have Shi'ites and Sunnis and all sorts of different interpretations, etc. The Muslims I was around in Turkey and Jordan are a far cry from Kabul or Tehran.
I would dispute it's "consistency" as only something their scholars claim it to be. It's remarkably not so. Interestingly, a person could argue the Quran teaches trinitarian theology if you take the Arabic literally and disregard tafsir.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
While we’re worried about groomers over here, Afghanistan would make NAMBLA blush.

yep. the first conversation a local national had with me was when he “taught” me how to have sex with animals and how to sneak kids out in the night to have sex with them.

I wanted to deck him with the stock of my weapon.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Let's just put it this way---you won't see [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Drag Queen Storytime and LGBT pride parades replete with men in dog zipper masks covered in vaseline in the tribal areas.

no, but you will be told that if you want to have sex with a goat, go with a buddy to hold the goat down because they kick.

or be told techniques of how to sneak kids out of their houses for sex so you don’t wake the parents.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but your point about Tulsi Gabbard....either I'm not understanding your point or I have to disagree. Gabbard, a Hindu, has been pretty tough on Islam reminding people that it was the religion that fueled 911 and other terrorist acts. I recall her Tweets on that. I haven't heard her say peaceful things about it, but I'm not an enthusiastic reader of her comments admittedly.

I grant that she said what you heard her say. I have heard her say things about peaceful Islam and promoting that. Her comments on that and the alphabet soup crowd are what turned me off to her. Her observations on foreign policy are great, for what that’s worth.

Upvote 0

Andrew.H

Mar 30, 2022
Rome
✟33,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
I grant that she said what you heard her say. I have heard her say things about peaceful Islam and promoting that. Her comments on that and the alphabet soup crowd are what turned me off to her. Her observations on foreign policy are great, for what that’s worth.

Wasn't she the one who also publicly called out Hillary as the "queen of the warmongers"? I did laugh pretty hard and would give her kudos on her temerity there.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yep. the first conversation a local national had with me was when he “taught” me how to have sex with animals and how to sneak kids out in the night to have sex with them.

I wanted to deck him with the stock of my weapon.

Yep, there’s a reason “goat F[explitive]” was a thing we used to say. I’m not sure if it’s the culture in Afghanistan, but pedos weren’t really a thing in Iraq. Not that I remember, at least. I don’t know what it is about Islam but inappropriate behavior with animals seems to be a universal thing with them.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
no, but you will be told that if you want to have sex with a goat, go with a buddy to hold the goat down because they kick.

or be told techniques of how to sneak kids out of their houses for sex so you don’t wake the parents.
The second point is fairly common in Saudi Arabia as well. Out in the deserts the rich Saudis will set up sports car races on a scale similar to Indy 500 with the "winner" being sent to the richest Saudi for the night.

Yep, there’s a reason “goat F[explitive]” was a thing we used to say. I’m not sure if it’s the culture in Afghanistan, but pedos weren’t really a thing in Iraq. Not that I remember, at least. I don’t know what it is about Islam but inappropriate behavior with animals seems to be a universal thing with them.
There's a notion either in Islam or the culture of Afghanistan that you have sex with women for procreation and sex with animals or boys for pleasure.

I think all this warped sexuality has to exist within Islam. I've asked Arab Christians about this topic and sex with animals and/or kids is NOT the norm in their culture. In fact I was told that either one would likely result in a lynch mob forming fairly quickly.

Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The second point is fairly common in Saudi Arabia as well. Out in the deserts the rich Saudis will set up sports car races on a scale similar to Indy 500 with the "winner" being sent to the richest Saudi for the night.

I definitely heard more horror stories than I saw, but it was weird getting hit on more than the females I was deployed with.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

it’s more of a tribal thing. you don’t see it in the cities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, go check out her tweets on Islam.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yep, go check out her tweets on Islam.
I’m not on Twitter and have no idea how to do that.
I did find this:
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard speaking against discrimination of Muslims

Note the tactic of inventing a new word in order to cast Islam as a religion that teaches peace with unbelievers (kafir), when the truth of the matter is that that most Muslims are either nominal or eclectic believers who just want to get along in this world and prefer to ignore/exclude the teachings on both jihad and relations with the kafir. I think “dog of an infidel” was how “kafir” used to be translated/expressed in our popular literature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
upload_2022-7-24_12-8-57.png

I did find this:

Note the tactic of inventing a new word in order to cast Islam as a religion that teaches peace with unbelievers (kafir), when the truth of the matter is that that most Muslims are either nominal or eclectic believers who just want to get along in this world and prefer to ignore/exclude the teachings on both jihad and relations with the kafir. I think “dog of an infidel” was how “kafir” used to be translated/expressed in our popular literature.

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-24_12-8-47.png
    upload_2022-7-24_12-8-47.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you're not a huge fan of hers or anything in the vein, but I must say I have MASSIVE reservations about Gabbard. She has a history of fluctuations and waffling that resemble a type of philosophical stock market, Rus. For one thing, she was raised in a strange quasi-Hindu cult and then went into mainstream Hinduism as a teen. Her name Tulsi is a Hindu goddess Tulasi. She was VERY anti-LGBT and was firmly fighting to prevent "gay marriage" in Hawaii for years, then when LGBT goons got powerful enough in the Democratic Party, she quickly reversed her positions, apologized, and has kissed proverbial LGBT heiny ever since.

She was a very liberal Democrat, then a moderate, then a conservative and appears all the time on Fox News trying to reinvent herself. It could be genuine, it could be pure politicking nonsense since she burned her bridges trashing Hillary when Hillary went after her first.

Tulsi supports Narendra Modi and his Hindu Nationalist movement. Modi wants to see an India where Hindus are at the top of a new caste system with Muslims and Christians on the bottom as second class citizens. So, her attitude about Islam is pretty dim and her love of Christianity sure is suspect as well.

Putting it plainly---I don't trust her. I'm still trying to see if I trust "converts" to conservatism like Candace Owens!

I did find this:

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do agree that the perception its followers have of it is that it is consistent.

Islam spreads among Westerners in the West by presenting a truncated version of itself as the whole thing. If you understand that there are essentially three types of believers - nominal, eclectic, and true (or complete), then the situation becomes clear. Most believers, especially in any country where a religion, any religion, is legal tend to be nominal. In Orthodox countries, they wear a cross and go to church for half an hour at Pascha. Thus, most Muslims really ARE peaceful, because they aren’t all that interested in conducting jihad and seriously observing anything that requires real effort, but just want comfortable and prosperous lives here. The true believers accept the whole of their tradition and at least try to live it, to observe fasts, attend services, and in Islam, to do the hajj and conduct jihad of the pen, migration, and/or the sword. The eclectic believers are those who pick and choose the teachings they prefer to believe, and leave out the ones they don’t. Thus, we have plenty of Orthodox who reject one aspect or another of our teachings on marriage and sexuality or whatever, and in Islam there are those who really reject violent jihad, and other ugly aspects of Islamic teaching, and they have convoluted apologetics denying that it IS Islamic teaching, even though 1400 years of history say otherwise. And so it is a combination of true believers practicing taqiyya, the Islamic doctrine approving of lying to the kafir, that us, us, infidels, in order to spread Islam, the peace of Allah, throughout the earth, and eclectic believers who honestly believe Islam is a kind, loving, and tolerant religion, that are spreading Islam in the West among people who would never accept the obviously evil teachings. The true believers use the eclectic believers as suckers, as tools to achieve Islamic majorities, and when they have enough political power, the eclectics are swept aside. Ihlan Omar has a purpose, and when it is done, she will be made to bend the knee before all Islamic men. And politicians like Tulsi Gabbard, so sensible in her grasp of foreign policy, also help by promoting the idea that Islam is peaceful and compatible with Western secular society.
Actually, Tulsi hasn't spoken too much about Islam being peaceful. This is one area where she speaks too much like a neocon or warmonger, imo. She still believes we need to go around the world and get rid of all the terrorists out there, which, imo, is not realistic. But she is spot on on regime-change wars, women deserve their own sports, anti-war and nuclear catastrophe, and putting the American people's needs first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know you're not a huge fan of hers or anything in the vein, but I must say I have MASSIVE reservations about Gabbard. She has a history of fluctuations and waffling that resemble a type of philosophical stock market, Rus. For one thing, she was raised in a strange quasi-Hindu cult and then went into mainstream Hinduism as a teen. Her name Tulsi is a Hindu goddess Tulasi. She was VERY anti-LGBT and was firmly fighting to prevent "gay marriage" in Hawaii for years, then when LGBT goons got powerful enough in the Democratic Party, she quickly reversed her positions, apologized, and has kissed proverbial LGBT heiny ever since.

She was a very liberal Democrat, then a moderate, then a conservative and appears all the time on Fox News trying to reinvent herself. It could be genuine, it could be pure politicking nonsense since she burned her bridges trashing Hillary when Hillary went after her first.

Tulsi supports Narendra Modi and his Hindu Nationalist movement. Modi wants to see an India where Hindus are at the top of a new caste system with Muslims and Christians on the bottom as second class citizens. So, her attitude about Islam is pretty dim and her love of Christianity sure is suspect as well.

Putting it plainly---I don't trust her. I'm still trying to see if I trust "converts" to conservatism like Candace Owens!
She started out conservative because that's the household she grew up in. She is moderate on those issues. She's always been against identity politics, and her view on abortion is one where she isn't for it but believes she can't tell another woman what she should do. She thinks the woman will have to face the choice she makes. She, like most politicians, says LGBT is okay, but her support and backing of women and their right to sports and their own bathrooms shows she's much more conservative. And the Democrats hate her for it, even though Biden and others are basically neocons/neoliberals. They didn't like her talking against regime-change wars and how she ruined Kamala in the debates. Too bad Harris was made VP because she has ZERO experience and is horrible in that job. It is my belief Tulsi has always been a type of JFK Democrat. The classic sort, not the neoliberals of today.

PS: I met her in person at a rally and spoke to her about God. It was nice. :)

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
She started out conservative because that's the household she grew up in. She is moderate on those issues. She's always been against identity politics, and her view on abortion is one where she isn't for it but believes she can't tell another woman what she should do. She thinks the woman will have to face the choice she makes. She, like most politicians, says LGBT is okay, but her support and backing of women and their right to sports and their own bathrooms shows she's much more conservative. And the Democrats hate her for it, even though Biden and others are basically neocons/neoliberals. They didn't like her talking against regime-change wars and how she ruined Kamala in the debates. Too bad Harris was made VP because she has ZERO experience and is horrible in that job. It is my belief Tulsi has always been a type of JFK Democrat. The classic sort, not the neoliberals of today.

PS: I met her in person at a rally and spoke to her about God. It was nice. :)
I think we always need to keep in mind the essential problem of our republic - that we vote for representatives who ultimately, for the most part, don’t represent us. We talk incessantly about their “positions”, and think little of the actual disconnect between our voting and the policies which are actually enacted. Whatever a politician is “for” matters little if it is not the policy actually enacted when the party is in power. What we really want, or think we want, is either a ruler, a monarch, who is truly good and strives to enact policies in accordance with Christian morality and the good of the people, or the democratic ideal in a land where the majority honors that morality and good. A bad ruler, or a majority gone bad, means not the good, but the ill of the country. But what we actually have, I think, is a bad oligarchy of shadow rulers behind the curtains manipulating puppets who take any and all blame, disposable “fall guys”. Trump threatened to be a real exception, a man, who, however far from the great statesmen who founded our country, really did intend to use the power of office as he, not that oligarchy, saw fit, and an awful lot of it coincided with that morality and good, thus making him a genuinely popular president, and it took fraud and election theft engineered by that oligarchy to replace him with a docile puppet.

It is useless to talk about positions on issues in regard to puppets, and MOST politicians MUST become puppets, willy-nilly. They do NOT have the wealth to stand independently of those who finance them, and most have some skeleton of past sin in the closet to be blackmailed with, to say nothing of possible leverage against family members. I don’t think we will soon see another man like Trump who both has his own wealth AND can break, as a surprise, through the barriers meant to keep good and independent (of puppetry) men out.

In addition, the issues we actually talk about tend to be ones where the aforementioned oligarchy has little stake. Issues that do greatly affect them are firmly suppressed. Thus, the legality of corporate lobbying is never challenged, though we may talk about sodomic parody of marriage (which can only weaken actual marriage as a thing held sacred by the public) and the murder of children in the womb.

So I would iterate that, if Gabbard could be an actual independent ruler who could actually enact the positions and promises she holds and makes - leaving out the entire philosophy of the nature of the sexes in ruling and public office - then we would agree that her foreign policy would be generally good - no nation can long police the world - but her domestic policies would continue the slide toward degradation and collapse that she didn’t start, but nevertheless supports.

“Not being for abortion personally”, but allowing choice, means supporting baby murder. Saying, “I don’t like it, but don’t think people should be prevented from doing it means supporting it. Thus, she is pro-abortion in practice, whatever she may say. As a national evil, there can be none greater, and along with and being part-and-parcel of sexual anarchy, will certainly destroy our nation from within. So tolerance of sexual anarchy, while nearly universal now, will still destroy us, and even Trump was not clear-sighted enough to see that. Few are, and think their tolerance of it a virtue. One might as well think it good and kind to tolerate poisonous mushrooms in one’s soup.

Sports and bathrooms are issues of such small import, and the artificial imposition of silly laws buttressing insanity serve as distractions from much more vital issues, and it is our tolerance, for one minute, of such things as “transgenderism” that is itself wicked. What she is “for” in such issues is of little import, but at least she expresses general sanity in those things.

The upshot is that she would be no cure for the evils that beset us. She has neither the power nor the wealth to truly enact her foreign policy vision, would be blocked at every turn, and silenced more effectively than Trump was. In the other issues she would be a useful puppet, helping spread “peaceful Islam” and sexual anarchy at home. I’m sure she is of good will, but to really make a difference now you need to break through the filters and barriers the oligarchs have set up to ensure that all candidates suit them on the vital issues, and will do their bidding, and let them have their tiny influences on the unimportant (to the rich) issues. Then you need to be able to stand against the storm of assault from the purchased politicians on both sides of the aisle, and the centralized media, both property of the oligarchs, to get anything at all done, as Trump very nearly did. That he has not the brain or vision of Washington or Lincoln has always been a pity, but for a man shaped in the modern era, with our pitiful pseudo-educations, I’d say he did reasonably well. Gabbard couldn’t match his performance, however much more likeable she may be. DeSantis almost certainly can’t, though he seems to be a good man of common sense. I can’t see anyone who can, and anyone who could would have to be, as Trump was, a surprise, one who the oligarchs think one of their own, who turns out to be one of ours.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we always need to keep in mind the essential problem of our republic - that we vote for representatives who ultimately, for the most part, don’t represent us. We talk incessantly about their “positions”, and think little of the actual disconnect between our voting and the policies which are actually enacted. Whatever a politician is “for” matters little if it is not the policy actually enacted when the party is in power. What we really want, or think we want, is either a ruler, a monarch, who is truly good and strives to enact policies in accordance with Christian morality and the good of the people, or the democratic ideal in a land where the majority honors that morality and good. A bad ruler, or a majority gone bad, means not the good, but the ill of the country. But what we actually have, I think, is a bad oligarchy of shadow rulers behind the curtains manipulating puppets who take any and all blame, disposable “fall guys”. Trump threatened to be a real exception, a man, who, however far from the great statesmen who founded our country, really did intend to use the power of office as he, not that oligarchy, saw fit, and an awful lot of it coincided with that morality and good, thus making him a genuinely popular president, and it took fraud and election theft engineered by that oligarchy to replace him with a docile puppet.

It is useless to talk about positions on issues in regard to puppets, and MOST politicians MUST become puppets, willy-nilly. They do NOT have the wealth to stand independently of those who finance them, and most have some skeleton of past sin in the closet to be blackmailed with, to say nothing of possible leverage against family members. I don’t think we will soon see another man like Trump who both has his own wealth AND can break, as a surprise, through the barriers meant to keep good and independent (of puppetry) men out.

In addition, the issues we actually talk about tend to be ones where the aforementioned oligarchy has little stake. Issues that do greatly affect them are firmly suppressed. Thus, the legality of corporate lobbying is never challenged, though we may talk about sodomic parody of marriage (which can only weaken actual marriage as a thing held sacred by the public) and the murder of children in the womb.

So I would iterate that, if Gabbard could be an actual independent ruler who could actually enact the positions and promises she holds and makes - leaving out the entire philosophy of the nature of the sexes in ruling and public office - then we would agree that her foreign policy would be generally good - no nation can long police the world - but her domestic policies would continue the slide toward degradation and collapse that she didn’t start, but nevertheless supports.

“Not being for abortion personally”, but allowing choice, means supporting baby murder. Saying, “I don’t like it, but don’t think people should be prevented from doing it means supporting it. Thus, she is pro-abortion in practice, whatever she may say. As a national evil, there can be none greater, and along with and being part-and-parcel of sexual anarchy, will certainly destroy our nation from within. So tolerance of sexual anarchy, while nearly universal now, will still destroy us, and even Trump was not clear-sighted enough to see that. Few are, and think their tolerance of it a virtue. One might as well think it good and kind to tolerate poisonous mushrooms in one’s soup.

Sports and bathrooms are issues of such small import, and the artificial imposition of silly laws buttressing insanity serve as distractions from much more vital issues, and it is our tolerance, for one minute, of such things as “transgenderism” that is itself wicked. What she is “for” in such issues is of little import, but at least she expresses general sanity in those things.

The upshot is that she would be no cure for the evils that beset us. She has neither the power nor the wealth to truly enact her foreign policy vision, would be blocked at every turn, and silenced more effectively than Trump was. In the other issues she would be a useful puppet, helping spread “peaceful Islam” and sexual anarchy at home. I’m sure she is of good will, but to really make a difference now you need to break through the filters and barriers the oligarchs have set up to ensure that all candidates suit them on the vital issues, and will do their bidding, and let them have their tiny influences on the unimportant (to the rich) issues. Then you need to be able to stand against the storm of assault from the purchased politicians on both sides of the aisle, and the centralized media, both property of the oligarchs, to get anything at all done, as Trump very nearly did. That he has not the brain or vision of Washington or Lincoln has always been a pity, but for a man shaped in the modern era, with our pitiful pseudo-educations, I’d say he did reasonably well. Gabbard couldn’t match his performance, however much more likeable she may be. DeSantis almost certainly can’t, though he seems to be a good man of common sense. I can’t see anyone who can, and anyone who could would have to be, as Trump was, a surprise, one who the oligarchs think one of their own, who turns out to be one of ours.
Well, of course I agree that nobody can line up 100% with any politician's stances on issues. The simple fact is there are no "Orthodox" politicians, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, and I'm not sure that would be a good thing, considering what you were saying about whatever person who takes office, whether president or a congress person, ends up being bent and molded into what their eventual donors want them to be. Yes. For sure.

I disagree that the women being erased and protecting children and transgender issue are of little importance. They are just as important as the other ones mentioned because it has to do with dehumanizing people and erasing the sexes that God has made. This directly relates to God's creation, and I'm sure you know that.

I do not know how Tulsi would be as president, but I do know that when she was congress woman, she put forward bills that are exactly what she believed in - the Title IX issue, against late-term abortion and protect a baby who is born alive after a botched abortion, Securing America's Elections Act, and others.

As far as agreeing with her on everything. Like I said, I don't agree with any politician 100% or any person for that matter. We all don't, right?

I didn't and don't have that much confidence in Trump as you. But I can see he was good for shaking up the Deep State because although he has money, he's always been from the wrong side of the tracks in the elitists' world. Before he ran as a Republican, he was a Democrat for years and was pro-choice. I don't really think he was pro-life when he ran and became president. I think he just said those things, like most do, to get elected. I give Trump this. He didn't start any new wars, and he did most of the things he said he'd do and for his base. That is unusual for most people who run for office and get in.

I like DeSantis, but I don't know his stance on foreign policy. That's important to me. Every issue that is a life issue is important to me.

Upvote 0