Describe the healthcare system Catholics should unite to demand from our politicians.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
medicare for all, with the same type of supplemental and drug options as under medicare

IMHO, Medicare works reasonably well for seniors. It seems unreasonable to believe that it cannot work for 55-65 year olds, or for other age groups.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The title says it all. We know we have a duty to proclaim the truths of the Church and to look out for others. Healthcare is a hot button issue in the USA right now, and perhaps in other countries as well. At least in the USA, we are witnessing our leaders refuse to bring acceptable policies to the table. These politicians are our servants, what should we be calling on them to do?

I would like to a single payer system, overseen by a panel of a combination of appointed and elected well-compe dated experts in the fields of business, medicine, and human services tasked with making sure that costs are as reasonable as possible and service excellent. The performance of these experts would be regularly compared and contrasted with the best systems in the world to ensure their performance. I'd like to see all required and recommended medical services and medications covered, but not elective services like non-reconstructive plastic surgery or sex changes. I think birth control should be covered, but certainly not abortion. What say you?

Interesting!

Back in 1999 I read the book, The Miracle of MSM, and from my experience of taking it for eighteen years I have the impression that every word in that book is accurate.

Other physicians have asserted that a significant number of illnesses can be reduced in intensity and in incidence by adding eighty or more trace minerals to fertilizer for a cost of roughly one dollar per year per person a decade or so ago.

The Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski treatment for brain cancer seems to be the only potential cure to be proven effective so........ he should no longer be persecuted by bureaucrats who are probably biased..... due to how much money they receive from Big Pharma.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer nearly a decade ago...... His maid at that time suggested that he add one teaspoon of baking soda to water and drink that mixture daily.

His cancer is in remission and his physician is amazed.

There are low cost relatively natural remedies for many conditions that should be tested. One possible method of financing all this is similar to what I suggested to Sir Richard Branson back in 2007:

My two somewhat humorous submissions for $25 million Virgin Earth Challenge.

Dear Mr. Branson:

It is my firm belief that the number one technological device to reduce atmospheric greenhouse gases has already been invented. It is the tree.

What is desperately needed at this time is not necessarily a new mechanical device but instead a paradigm shift in economic theory regarding monetary policy. We require a readily understandable explanation on how leaders in business and government can direct not only millions, but actually trillions of dollars of investment into combating global warming.

One of the most effective practical methods that could be put into place in the least amount of time would be dozens of the largest possible desalinization plants all along the Mediterranean and Red Seas. Huge quantities of fresh water could be dripped onto the Sinai and Sahara deserts and voila, well chosen species of newly planted fast growing trees could soon change the color of these relatively desolate areas, significantly reduce atmospheric CO2, positively affect local weather patterns and at the same time significantly counterbalance the increases in worldwide ocean levels as the polar ice caps melt. This will buy us some extra time and thus expand the “very brief window of opportunity to deal with climate change.”

So who is going to finance the construction of all these massive installations not to mention the planting of all those seedling trees?

I believe that it is possible for you to do this yourself Mr. Branson. You have already created a Virgin currency unit/coupon which has astonishing long term potential. My wife Maria Jose just returned from a two week trip to the British VIRGIN Islands. It is theoretically possible to link your Virgin coupon with the national currency of a small nation and you could soon be playing around in macro-economics. Considering the volume of business being done through your Virgin Group I would submit that you already are.

Pope Benedict XVI may be in an even stronger position than you Mr. Branson to transform the world economy virtually overnight through the introduction of a new Vatican Currency Unit that could be linked with each and every national currency where the Vatican State is free to do business.

I plan to elaborate in great detail on these two major alternatives in a later writing but I felt that you and your staff should now see the simple explanation that I wrote up for applying this theory within a micro-economy to greatly reduce unemployment. Although combating global warming would seem to be a conflicting goal to job creation, there need be no dissonance when we all have a better grasp of the big picture.

I ran as an independent for the office of MLA in the most recent Nova Scotia provincial election.

Dennis Tate primary campaign writing for June 13/06 election
http://www.bankingsystemflaws.blogspot.com/

Upvote 0