Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
For pretty much his entire term Obama blamed Bush for everything negative in the world.
That's nice. What does that have to do with either my post or the post it was in response to?

By a certain group of people, sure. But one is being disingenuous if they suggest that Obama was not a great orator. Certainly far superior than either Trump or Biden.
I agree that Obama was a great orator. That didn't stop him from being attacked for using a teleprompter, with the implication that they were responsible for his speaking skill. Yes, even with a teleprompter Biden is a worst speaker, but since the same criticism was used against Obama, it makes sense to discuss the parallels.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, even with a teleprompter Biden is a worst speaker, but since the same criticism was used against Obama, it makes sense to discuss the parallels.
There is merit to the criticism with Biden while there really was none with Obama. Reference the video I posted earlier in the thread. This is the leader of the free world unable to remember which country he is talking about and having an internal dialogue about what he should and shouldn't do out loud at the podium in front of the world. Not even remotely comparable to Obama.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
While I disagreed with many of Obama's policy positions, there's no denying that he was a pretty good orator, so I have no idea why you would draw such a bizarre comparison.

Because the same people were claiming that Obama needed a teleprompter:
Cathie Adams, former Texas GOP chair and current Texas Eagle Forum president, gave a pre-election address earlier this year, claiming that a “Marxist” President Barack Obama had “fried his brain on drugs.”
Cathie Adams, Former Texas GOP Chair: Obama Needs Teleprompter Because He 'Fried' Brain On Drugs | HuffPost

It's kind of a generic republican attack. It's not about reality; it's just a way to know the political orientation of the person doing it.

But one is being disingenuous if they suggest that Obama was not a great orator.

Reagan was a great orator, but for all his good intentions and fine orations, he messed up a lot.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hear Trump may be running for congress so he can take over as speaker of the House.

???

The Speaker Of The House does NOT need to be an elected House member. Trump can be speaker without running for anything. In fact, this should be kept in the minds of all Republicans. If they win the majority in the House, there may be a serious fight for the speakership. McCarthy is certainly NOT a lock. IMO, both Jordan and Trump are more likely.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0