Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would any one of you actually buy this merch?
I would never want to be a walking billboard for making light of lost lives and fractured families.

Second request - how is criticizing the doctor making light of lives lost?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Criticizing the doctor is criticizing what he represents:
Scientific fact
Compassion
Kindness
Intelligence
Empathy
Leadership by example
Years of relevant experience
Patriotism.

So criticizing the good doctor who has made a number of mistakes - back tracked his own statements and originally said masking was ineffective. Pointing out those errors is the same as mocking the dead.

BTW there are millions of Americans who do not agree with you on a number of items you think he represents.

Fauci Now Admits His Mask Wearing Was Political Theater, A Position He Previously Denied During Heated Debate With Rand Paul - The Last Refuge

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Criticizing the doctor is criticizing what he represents:
Scientific fact

Bahahahahaha!

Compassion
Kindness
Intelligence
Empathy

Please. The man isn't happy unless he's on TV doing some softball interview where they just heap adoration on him, kind of like you're doing now.

Leadership by example

Ah yes. Such a shining example. Does anyone remember Dr. Fauci attending an MLB game, sitting in close contact with others with his mask around his neck? No? Well, here you go;
FauciMaskDown.jpg

Rules for thee but not for me!

Years of relevant experience

You really should watch the 8 minute video of Kary Mullis I posted earlier. You'd see that not everyone in the scientific community thinks so highly of Dr. Fauci.

Patriotism.
I could almost hear "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" playing softly in the background as I read your post.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Time names Dr. Anthony Fauci "Guardian of the Year"

Dr. Anthony Fauci named 2021 Humanist of the Year | From the Trenches World Report

We must remember, too, that for the first ten months of the pandemic, Dr. Fauci had his finger in a dike of lies being promoted by the former president:
10 Of Trump's Most Damaging Coronavirus Lies | HuffPost

Fauci was it. Dr. Birx was showing little backbone (although the expressions on her face showed barely controlled alarm). Trump was hiring unqualified neuroscientists who liked his "do nothing" solutions,
Trump was refusing to wear masks at places where they were mandated, holding crowded rallies--the first of which resulted in the death of his friend Herman Cain.

The whole time Dr. Fauci was on the ropes with his finger in the dike, trying to stem a deluge of Republicans suggesting grandparents risk death to bring on herd immunity and other unconscionable ideas. He did his best to stay under the radar while surreptitiously sending out truth bombs whenever he could.

Obviously the truth bombs didn't reach most of the posters in this thread, but they are easily accessible now that he is no longer muzzled.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

At first I was shocked that you seem to know so much about Dr. Fauci, but then I realized it was just a copy and paste from Wikipedia.

Fauci has been demonstrably and repeatedly wrong throughout the pandemic. He has been driven by political and societal pressures. He arrogantly opines that attacking him is akin to attacking science. He flip flops more than a pancake in a griddle.

He advises children 2 and up should be wearing masks and proclaims there is "no doubt" that they should, all the while the WHO says no one under 5 should be wearing a mask, and even those all the way up to age 11 should only wear masks under certain circumstances.

Fauci is not alone. Public health as a whole has been dreadful throughout the pandemic. Perhaps that's why there is such a large percentage of distrust of the CDC and FDA.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm done. You believe in alternative facts, an original term coined by Kellyanne Conway as a way to define outrageous lies and falsehoods.

By responding to you, I am allowing you to respond with more alternative facts, which can potentially harm others by giving them false confidence.

Perhaps DeSantis apparel might be a good idea, because it would identify the wearers as sources of contagion whom we should avoid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm done.
OK. Do you know how many times you've said that to me?

You believe in alternative facts,

No, I don't.

By responding to you, I am allowing you to respond with more alternative facts,

You don't even attempt to respond to the things I post. You just like throwing around derogatory terms like "alternative facts" but offer nothing to substantiate your claim. Proof by assertion. You haven't responded to the substance of anything I've posted.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps DeSantis apparel might be a good idea, because it would identify the wearers as sources of contagion whom we should avoid.

Or we could just do arm patches to identify them.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK. Do you know how many times you've said that to me?

No, I don't.

You don't even attempt to respond to the things I post. You just like throwing around derogatory terms like "alternative facts" but offer nothing to substantiate your claim. Proof by assertion. You haven't responded to the substance of anything I've posted.
Alternative facts by their very nature lack substance.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alternative facts by their very nature lack substance.
I thought you were done?

It is not an alternative fact that Kary Mullis, inventor of the PCR test said this of Dr. Fauci during the HIV epidemic;

"Guys like Fauci get up there and start talking, you know, he doesn’t know anything really about anything and I’d say that to his face. Nothing. The man thinks you can take a blood sample and stick it in an electron microscope and if it’s got a virus in there you’ll know it. He doesn’t understand electron microscopy and he doesn’t understand medicine and he should not be in a position like he’s in. Most of those guys up there on the top are just total administrative people and they don’t know anything about what’s going on in the body. You know, those guys have got an agenda, which is not what we would like them to have being that we pay for them to take care of our health in some way. They’ve got a personal kind of agenda. They make up their own rules as they go. They change them when they want to. And they smugly, like Tony Fauci does, not mind going on television in front of the people who pay his salary and lie directly into the camera."

To reiterate, Kary Mullis was a recipient of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry an inventor of the PCR test we use to diagnose COVID-19, not a purveyor of "alternative facts".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting Mullis died 6 months before the COVID pandemic began. And identifying polymerase chain reaction in 1993 meant he did not develop the COVID test.

Mullis' comment during the HIV epidemic says nothing about the man Fauci is today. I am sure in the ensuing 28 years he learned a great deal about PRC's and breakthroughs that followed.

28 year old testimony from a dead man is the best you can provide?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A 24 year old who had no preexisting conditions refused to get vaccinated. He got a double lung transplant after a COVID-19 infection.
24-year-old who needed double lung transplant wishes he'd been vaccinated for COVID-19
This is tragic and unfortunate, but it's also only one person.

This same thing happened last year when people severely overestimated the risk to adolescents by continually referring to a handful of cases where a child died. The facts are that ~300 people under 18 have died either with or from COVID throughout the entire pandemic. More people under 18 have drowned in the last year.

What's particularly odd is that we don't give the same airtime to people who got the vaccination and died, like this 13-year old boy who died in his sleep after getting the Pfizer vaccine;
CDC investigating death of Michigan boy who died days after getting Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine

This is also tragic and unfortunate, but it's also only one person.

The issue with public health right now is that they are downplaying any risk of the vaccine while amplifying any risk of not getting the vaccine. If you point out that a 13-year old boy died after getting the Pfizer shot, the blame and shame crowd will call you an an anti-vaxer or worse.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If a candidate doesn't pass my "good character" test, he's an automatic "no" with me.
Do candidates who support abortion pass your "good character" test?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought you were done?

Interesting Mullis died 6 months before the COVID pandemic began. And identifying polymerase chain reaction in 1993 meant he did not develop the COVID test.

Kary Mullis developed the PCR test (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test that is the basis for what we use in diagnosing COVID. The man won a Nobel Prize in Chemistry for it.

Mullis' comment during the HIV epidemic says nothing about the man Fauci is today.
Sure it does. If Mullis believed that Fauci did "...not mind going on television in front of the people who pay his salary and lie directly into the camera...", what makes you think his opinion would be any different today? There really are remarkable parallels between the HIV epidemic and COVID. Listening to the Kary Mullis interview from years ago is eye opening.

I am sure in the ensuing 28 years he learned a great deal about PRC's and breakthroughs that followed.

That's PCR, not PRC. And what is it that makes you "sure" that Dr. Fauci "learned a great deal"? Dr. Fauci is a bureaucrat through and through, as he's shown us all throughout the pandemic.

28 year old testimony from a dead man is the best you can provide?
Um, no.

I also provided Fauci's arrogant comment about masking children, which the WHO doesn't even recommend. Or the fact that Fauci flouted his own masking guidelines at the MLB game. Any comment on that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0