Olympia
✟20,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am looking for a church with believers attending who are closer to my age; in their 20s. I am wanting to avoid a certain church in particular (you can message me if you want to know which one) They are the only church that I know of with people in their 20s attending here. I couldn't pick up a bible for several years after going to this church. I am looking for a church where people will support each other on their own individual journeys and relationships with Christ. I need that.
What Church would you Recommend?

Thank You!!

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
using the Christianity explored church finder I found:-

Providence Reformed Church 2.3 miles
Grandview Park Baptist Church, Des Moines 4.1 miles
Grace Church, Des Moines 4.4 miles
Westchester Evangelical Free Church 4.7 miles
Iowa Christian Academy 5.9 miles
Cornerstone Baptist Church, Ankeny 8.6 miles
Grace Evangelical Free Church, Indianola 16.0 miles
Marshalltown Evangelical Free Church 48.7 miles

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am looking for a church with believers attending who are closer to my age; in their 20s. I am wanting to avoid a certain church in particular (you can message me if you want to know which one) They are the only church that I know of with people in their 20s attending here. I couldn't pick up a bible for several years after going to this church. I am looking for a church where people will support each other on their own individual journeys and relationships with Christ. I need that.
What Church would you Recommend?

Thank You!!

My best advice to you is just an idea, of which there are many. But I'd recommend reading all of Paul's letter in Chronological order within a few days....easy to do. If you do, you'll get an idea of what Paul likes and what he does not like. In this reading you'll see what he expects of us as people, but also as teachers and elders. Even the teachings of what parents are to be like, these are all elements to be used in a body of Christian believers as we interact with one another.

Basics that I look for (have been looking myself for months now):
Does the church illustrate submission, obedience and confidence in any way? Or, are they of the norm and skip that "stuff"?
Do they dress properly? Are the women showing their bodies? If so, this means that the male leadership isn't doing anything about it because they enjoy it themselves....you ladies are inappropriate content for many of them, so leave the skin-tight red dresses at home. I was recently at a church where the server girls were in their teens and wearing short shorts as they offered communion. Unbelievable....that this church would literally thrust their half naked bodies onto both men and women like this. Women lust after women too, so this is just a brutal misalignment with helping our brothers and sisters to CUT DOWN their sexual influences.
When you walk in, are you still a stranger when you leave? If so, it's just another church in a massively long line of churches with DNC's (Do Nothing Christians). True Christians love each other, particularly when eternity is at state and someone new just walked through the doors and might need Christ. A visitor should stop the show, if you ask me, but....ya know.
Are there rules? If a person can't get kicked out, or if a member doesn't remember the last time there was an issue that had to be dealt with in front of the church, they're probably not following that part of the gospel, either.

And that brings me to my final point. Paul teaches clearly that if we learn a gospel that is different, at all, other than the one he taught, it was a false gospel and that it was utterly worthless. So again, I'd go through his letters at minimum, let God talk to you and pray diligently for the truth. Every prayer should include the development of truth, somehow.

I believe in you!

Upvote 0