• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

deprression that led somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi I am new here, but besides that I have been dealing with depression, which I should have left it as just dealing with depression, but I didn't, my depression led me to cutting myself, so I have been dealing with that also, but I am happy to say that I have been cutting free for about 2 1/2 days now, and I am hoping and praying that it will stay that way of being free from doing it, i just needed to get that out basically and if anyone has any advice feel free, I am willing to listen.

ark_angel

Jynarik Slushy

Nov 8, 2004
CA
✟672.00
Faith
Christian
ark_angel said:
Hi I am new here, but besides that I have been dealing with depression, which I should have left it as just dealing with depression, but I didn't, my depression led me to cutting myself, so I have been dealing with that also, but I am happy to say that I have been cutting free for about 2 1/2 days now, and I am hoping and praying that it will stay that way of being free from doing it, i just needed to get that out basically and if anyone has any advice feel free, I am willing to listen.

ark_angel
Good luck, hope you can stay away from it.
I will be praying for the both of you :)

Upvote 0

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that cool that you were able to tell someone
right now nobody knows, well besides God, the people at this forum and the people at Cafe Christ(another forum)
at the other forum they think I should tell someone to be acountable to, which I think they may be right, I'm just afraid if I tell someone they may not keep it a secret, and then it will just make matters worse
I don't know, I'm so confused:sigh:

Upvote 0

NINGirl

Stuck in the sky.
Oct 19, 2004
✟16,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rosieace has a great point. Speak up about it! Whether it be in forums or to close friends you can trust, being able to communicate about it helps your brain register different ideas on how to stop, how to cut down and how to approach the idea of cutting in general. I am a past cutter myself, haven't done it in about 5 months now and hopefully won't revisit it ever again.

You'll be in my prayers. ;)

Reactions: tomwakefield
Upvote 0

jesus died for ME!

Apr 21, 2004
Spokane, Washington
✟7,893.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
personally i have found that most depression leads different place. The girl that lives next door (and goes to the same church as me) is like my best and i never knew she was depressed at all, she hides it well. when i told her what i was doing she shocked me by saying so am i. and then she told me about all the junk that she does(drinks, smokes, her b/f is in juv. for selling drugs and she`s only 13) so i was glad that i told her because now we can be there for each through everything. and then i told a couple other people because they were bugging me about why i was always unhappy and then dissing on people who cut themselves. and some of them aren`t my friends anymore which is fine with me because if they can`t be my friend when i need them the most then i don`t need them as a friend. ok that was my personal thought on telling other people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rosa Mystica

I'm not like the others.
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,114.00
ark_angel said:
that cool that you were able to tell someone
right now nobody knows, well besides God, the people at this forum and the people at Cafe Christ(another forum)
at the other forum they think I should tell someone to be acountable to, which I think they may be right, I'm just afraid if I tell someone they may not keep it a secret, and then it will just make matters worse
I don't know, I'm so confused:sigh:

Sweetie, I can understand how you feel. My sister used to cut herself as well. For the longest time, she wanted to keep it a secret. But, guess what? She eventually was able to come clean about it. If she could, you certainly can. :hug:

And guess what else? If you tell a mental health pro. or counsellor, they'll keep it a secret as well. They can't violate confidentiality unless your in immediate danger of death/extreme harm. So, if you mention it in therapy (which I recommend if you're not in it already), then your secret is safe there. And you needn't carry this burden of excessive guilt that currently plagues you.

I'm here if you need to talk to someone.

Take care, sweetie.

Rosa Mystica

Upvote 0

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey thanks Mr.Cheese. *hugz back*
and thanks everyone else, sorry I haven't been on this forum lately, been busy.
Yeah and there is a lot of added details that I won't bother you with right now
Rosa Mystica, I am currently not seeing a therapist or anyone for that matter yet,
*sigh* still confused with whether to tell or not, and who to tell if I decided to, and then what if they don't react the way I thought they would and then they turn and tell a whole lote more people, yeah confusion, confusion.
Thanks again everyone for all your support and prayers

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ark_angel said:

ark_angel

Oh honey, I know how that is. About a year ago, I was depressed too. I was cutting a lot and doing other really stupid things. But, I got out of depression about six months ago. Praise the Lord! :clap: I know how hard it can be, but what helped me was drawing close to the Lord. Read your Bible, pray, worship, go to church, serve others. I found that this and doing things for other people so that I wasn't focusing on myself all the time were the things that helped me the most. If you need any further help, I'm here for you. And I will most definitely be praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah it is getting harder now though, i guess I should update ya'll k. well you already know that a little over 5 weeks ago I started cutting myself, 2 weeks ago my depression also led to suicidal thoughts, which I think I have gotten a hang of as of now haven't thought about it, well now it's not only the cutting, but now I can't eat or drink, it's not that I don't get hungry, it's the fact that food or anything liquids just the thought of um makes me sick, i dunno it's weird and hard to explain, I have all these like feelings inside colliding together with the added hunger pain, and mixed together you just don't want to eat or drink anything, it's very strange I know, but now it's gotten way out of hand, to try and ease that pain inside I am cutting still, plus I haven't actually eaten or drinken anything for almost 5 days, I almost fainted today, before I did I forced myself to take a small bite of pumpkin pie, and a small bite of a sugar cookie, with 2 swallows of chocolate milk, it was hard to do that really really hard, but I made it, and I am waiting for all that sugar to kick in so I don't feel so weak and ready to faint, man I don't know what is going to happen, I no longer no what I am capable of, it's scary, and I can't seem to control it at all, I am sooo hungry it's not even funny, but I can't eat it is really stressin me out, and making me just plain sick, I don't know what to do, I seem to be a hopeless case that is going now where, i dunno

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.