• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression

Left

Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟59,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm sinking into a deep depression. I feel like my best friend who understands the Bible, doesn't understand me very well at times.

I need people to talk to.

Don't recommend crisis lines as 1, I'm not quite that bad off, and 2, I'm going to feel the situation out and seek help as needed.

I know that depression is a serious thing and I think I can spring back from this. But right now, I am having a hard time.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm sinking into a deep depression. I feel like my best friend who understands the Bible, doesn't understand me very well at times.

Don't recommend crisis lines as 1, I'm not quite that bad off, and 2, I'm going to feel the situation out and seek help as needed.

I know that depression is a serious thing and I think I can spring back from this. But right now, I am having a hard time.

Depression is a deceptive creature. Feelings in general lie, but depression attacks the brain first, and then tells it what to do to the body (sleep, dont/eat, dont/go out, etc.) In general, depression is a spiritual oppression, not so much your own fault.

Depression can also be a barometer of the spiritual environment: you may be absorbing the feelings of the toxicity around you as opposed to inside you. Maybe after hearing the 1000th news report about a child being killed you hit a breaking point and the flood gates of emotions once dampened begin to rush.

It is so deceptive that you may not actually be depressed because of the obvious - there may be a deeper issue that has decided to manifest and express itself through depression. So, before you talk to people, it is important you ask our Father what is going on.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Crisis lines are a God send. You can be anonymous and there's a caring ear on the other end of the line to connect with.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you. Praying Gods love comforts you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i hope you meant that you put a full stop behind your current misery and turned the page?

As someone with a depressive illness i know that loving god and neighbour is the way out of depression, however as a depressed person we have to accept the love of God for ourselves first for otherwise how can we love outside of ourselves when we have no love within to give out?

So please accept God's loving truth into your life no matter what you look like and go from there

Blessings and much love

A Way Out Of Depression

How can we have meaning if we don't love?
everything else is but a clinging cymbal,
a sounding gong!
...of no importance in the scheme of things,
a loving faith takes us Home to Him!
He who is love Himself!
Hide in His love!
..and love His children,
and all Creation too!
and find a way out,
of this hell hole we've been in.
His love the way out of depression.

Upvote 0