• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have started to write this thread and stopped about 5 times now... Trying again...

I am severely depressed. I am waiting on a call back from my psychiatrist. I am coming off of pain medication. I have been crying for 2 days straight and have been sick to my stomach. I fear I am having a nervous breakdown.

A lot of my depression is stemming from the fact that I will have to send my only child to public school this fall. I am just not well enough to continue home schooling like we have been the past 2 years. He deserves more. He deserves the chance to be with other kids. This is the hardest decision I've ever made and I feel like someone has torn my heart out.

Reactions: Revived

TomCS

justified by his blood
Oct 30, 2009
New York
✟19,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have started to write this thread and stopped about 5 times now... Trying again...

I am severely depressed. I am waiting on a call back from my psychiatrist. I am coming off of pain medication. I have been crying for 2 days straight and have been sick to my stomach. I fear I am having a nervous breakdown.

A lot of my depression is stemming from the fact that I will have to send my only child to public school this fall. I am just not well enough to continue home schooling like we have been the past 2 years. He deserves more. He deserves the chance to be with other kids. This is the hardest decision I've ever made and I feel like someone has torn my heart out.

Try to hold on until the doctor calls back. I am sorry that you are suffering and I will pray for you to feel better. :hug:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Praying sweetie :hug:
All four of my kids are or were in state schools (English for public school) and all of them are happy, well adjusted and have a strong faith.
God loves your little one more than you do, and He'll put him in the right place and with the right people.
Coming of any meds is hard, praying that it gets easier very quickly :hug:

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I believe that you are feeling withdrawel effects. They may last a week or so. I think your thinking will be back to how it usually is when the effects wear off. I have been through this, too. I pray you are going to be fine again.:hug:

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going to a public school is not necessarily a bad thing. Its going to be a big adjustment for both you and your child, but it will be alright. I had to make the adjustment from a christian school to a public school and it was a big adjustment but it worked out fine for me.

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the replies. My pdoc can't see me 'til tomorrow. I cannot believe how hard this is. I can barely focus enough to type.
I will be praying for you my dear sweet loving sister, I know it is hard to let you baby go to a public school. It breaks my heart to see you this upset, God will take care of you and watch over your little one as well. That is a promise. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
You must be exhausted, sweetie.
Praying that the doc can help today :hug:

I am so exhausted. My sister was going to get me to the doctor today but now she is unable because her son is sick. I still can't drive and I have no one to watch Andrew so it looks like I won't go. I am just really afraid that I may end up in the mental hospital if I don't get help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for the prayers. I actually slept well last night. Today we have to drive into the "city"...my husband will be driving...and I am dealing with a lot of fear over that (was in a car accident last year that has left me thinking we are going to die every time we get in the car)...

Upvote 0