• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depressed all day

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I just need to write out my thoughts. Basically, we are spending more than we're bringing in, and using the credit card too much for basics. Hopefully it's just temporary, but it gets depressing when my husband gathers change to buy milk and bread.

My brother, age 64, moved in with us a couple weeks ago and we've had to pay his child support and put gas in his car. He finally found a job, but it's minimum wage and a 30 minute drive from here. And it will be another week before he gets paid. It's also part time job.

My husband and I do okay financially, we are able to pay bills and eat good. But the extra expense of my brother living here is beginning to add up. So now we find ourselves pretty much broke.

However, I do feel like it is God's will that we help my brother. He would be homeless if we didn't take him in. I guess I'm just stressed out. We also had to buy him clothes because he has to wear certain things and shoes, about $100. on the credit card.

We've survived much worse situations, but I've let it get me down. I have chronic pain and my pain level is horrible.

I'm usually a very upbeat kind of person, and getting depressed is the pits. :(

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.
Last year I had 60 euro a week to spend with 3 kids and I got some extra and my ex had to get out of his house and really had nothing, so I helped him out with that and therefore I could barely eat myself for months. But now things are going swell, we have more than enough.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.
Last year I had 60 euro a week to spend with 3 kids and I got some extra and my ex had to get out of his house and really had nothing, so I helped him out with that and therefore I could barely eat myself for months. But now things are going swell, we have more than enough.

Thanks Messy, I'm very happy things are going well for you now. We have always tried to help people and God has always taken care of us. I look back on my life and realize there is usually a reason for hard times, but rarely do I know the reason while I am in the valley. It's usually years later when I finally understand the reason for the difficult days.

We have food to eat and a home, so I'm not meaning to complain. But my "red flags" go off in my head when we start using the credit card for basics.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I'm sure your brother will be able to help out with food and necessities shortly. Ask him for the money for the basic living expenses. Only what is needed since he has been added to the household and/or taking into consideration that he only has a p.t. job and gas expenses.

It sounds like even a few extra bucks a week will help and maybe he can buy his own food or something.

I hope this may help, but I am not in your situation so take this with a grain of salt if it does not apply.

Remember God is faithful. :thumbsup:

* big hug *

Upvote 0