Private
✟15,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Before you get angry, let me explain myself. It's been my life-long dream to start a career as an animator. I've been interested in cartoons almost all my life and have wanted to do them ever since I was 7. From what I've been told, neither televisions, cinemas or comics will exist in Heaven, so whenever someone says the rapture is just around the corner, I start to get really depressed. But that's not the main reason; that also means that I'll never get a chance to grow up, get married, start a family and live a full life. Now, I know most of you are going to say something like "Earthly possessions and dreams are nothing compared to what God has waiting for us.", but no matter what I do I just can't seem to relieve my stress and anxiety. That's why I came here. I need help from other Christians. I want to be happy about the rapture, but I just can't!

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible gives us very little information on what Heaven will be like so what you have heard is pure speculation. I think there will be things like televisions, cinemas, and comics but the content won't be like Game of Thrones. I think it will be a lot more wholesome while still portraying conflict to remind us of the kind of world we left behind.

I know in Heaven a lot of jobs will be obsolete due to the removal of sin like military, police force, fire department, doctors, nurses, and whatnot. Instead we'll focus our talents on other things and I think the things you want to do will be one of them. I personally want to be a cartoonist making comics to make people laugh like I do on this forum. I doubt that things like this are sinful and will actually be enhanced in Heaven. Don't worry about it.

As for things like getting married and having a family, God actually has a special reward for singles as told by Isaiah 56:4-5 said. You can take His word that it will be better than sons and daughters. Marriage is a temporary thing and in Heaven we will have relationships with more meaning than any worldly marriage.

I understand your frustrations. Having Asperger's made life itself a giant party that I was never invited to. Just know that in Heaven that many who miss out on Earth have better reward in Heaven to make up for it all.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Before you get angry, let me explain myself. It's been my life-long dream to start a career as an animator. I've been interested in cartoons almost all my life and have wanted to do them ever since I was 7. From what I've been told, neither televisions, cinemas or comics will exist in Heaven, so whenever someone says the rapture is just around the corner, I start to get really depressed. But that's not the main reason; that also means that I'll never get a chance to grow up, get married, start a family and live a full life. Now, I know most of you are going to say something like "Earthly possessions and dreams are nothing compared to what God has waiting for us.", but no matter what I do I just can't seem to relieve my stress and anxiety. That's why I came here. I need help from other Christians. I want to be happy about the rapture, but I just can't!

Hi and welcome to the forum in Jesus name....it is a great place to be and I am sure you will receive advice from lots of Christians.

My first thought is that I will pray for you,
and then I thought about your amazing career dream...wow...enjoy, I am sure that the Lord has a wonderful sense of humour and enjoys his family having a great time.
Take life a step at a time, grow up in faith, read your Bible, pray, draw cartoons and enjoy the wonderful talent that God has given you.
I pray that you will experience the presence of the Lord, and that he will make himself so real to you today. May the Lord bless you richly, in Jesus name

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The Rapture is a doctrine that's only about 150 years old. There are plenty of churches that don't believe in it.

Anything that God has genuinely called you to do will have eternal significance. I've been reading about Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers) recently, how he thought initially he was going to be a minister in the Presbyterian church, until he saw a TV show with people flinging pies at each other and thought that he could do better on TV.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
This world is temporary and imperfect and will pass away.
God demonstrates that to us
every time someone ages and dies, stuff rots, people steal. Jesus tells us to have our treasure in heaven, since earthly treasure is not secure, will be taken from you and also creates great stresses in your life.

1 Timothy 6:6-8New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a reason people are creative, it's because they are created in the image of God. In the resurrection and the eternal state there is perfect freedom, drawing and animation are hardly out of the question. The church has a role in the 1000 year reign of Christ to teach the world the Word of God. Whenever religious devotion is on the rise art grows up all around it, music, calligraphy, paintings, frescoes...etc. Your not going to need to work a regular job or struggle every day for your daily bread. Whenever this has been the case people have always gotten more creative.

If this is something you are driven to do by an inner desire there is probably a reason for it. God isn't going to give you a vision and a talent like that and then take it away. Although, it might be hard to imagine what it will look like when it's fully realized.

BTW, I'm interested in 3D modeling myself, been trying to learn Blender. Any suggestions?

Grace and peace,

• Agree
Reactions: danstribe
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it matters how old a specific doctrine is. The bible talks about Daniel's scroll being rolled up until the end times, as well as prophesies and dreams picking up in the end times. This tells me God has kept a lot of knowledge about how things will end quiet until we get near that date.

But there's no reason to fret! yes, I too love life, but I also can't wait to get to Heaven. Just enjoy the things you can enjoy today without letting it steal your joy. You might get the rest of your life. You might get hit by a bus tomorrow. That's just how uncertain life is here. Enjoy each moment as if it could be your last. And there will be a time when you do experience your last moment on earth, whether it's the rapture or death.

It can be a scary thing not knowing what to expect, but so far, there are roads paved with gold, mansions, no more pain, tears, sin, crying, death, disease, etc. Who says you can't animate in Heaven? Heaven isn't sitting around playing harps in the clouds lol. There will be food, feasts, eating, fellowship, worship, and unimaginable beauty.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you're for real, (notice only one post), forget all about the rapture. It is not important at all, and Jesus never taught His disciples to study it, to think about it, and especially never to worry about it or anything at all.

Just go and do what is right TODAY.

Ask God to direct your steps all day, all night, every day, all the time.

He will.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There is no such thing as a pre-Trib rapture. Those waiting for it will be among the first to fall down and worship Antichrist.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're for real, (notice only one post), forget all about the rapture. It is not important at all, and Jesus never taught His disciples to study it, to think about it, and especially never to worry about it or anything at all.

Just go and do what is right TODAY.

Ask God to direct your steps all day, all night, every day, all the time.

He will.

Maybe God is directing him to reevaluate his positions.

Rapture is certainly something a Christian can look forward to with joy, when season shows that end of times is near. Everybody is blessed to read and take to heart book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Holmes, there is no literal rapture, and you should follow your dreams

Nobody is going anywhere

If you do some some simple Greek word study you'll see that verse refers to the spirit of God coming into the world and " being poured out " on people

The root of the word " clouds " in the verse is from the word that means " the multitudes ", as in the people ( who are having the spirit poured out on them )

Being " raptured " means being " caught up in the spirit " ( For that matter, the child in Revelation is also " raptured ", but you never hear that discussion )

There's one single lone verse that is used to support the silly ideas of rapture, an event that if literal would be so large that the Bible would have many parallel passages

People always like to twist scripture from what it actually is, and I reckon they will come to regret that decision

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was brought up Baptist and then Spirit-Filled in a Pentecostal Holiness revival. Both movements taught an imminent rapture of the church. At 17 years old I actually thought that we would be in revival until we were caught up in the air to be with Jesus.

It became obvious as time progressed that was not the case. As a matter of fact, with all the TV preachers basically embarrassing Christianity, I was really hard put to know how to handle the times and the seasons. I have come to believe that the churches are seven...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

And what I had experienced was the Philadelphian revival which was now a thing past. I wondered and was depressed about this until I heard two woman talking that they heard that in the last days the people were going to have to, 'cut their own paths.' Isaac Newton predicted the end in 2060 AD...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

So, the rapture may be another 40 years off. It can still happen today, but if it does not, it still will happen in time.

Upvote 0

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no such thing as a pre-Trib rapture. Those waiting for it will be among the first to fall down and worship Antichrist.

It seems there's good probability we will soon see if what you accuse and prophecy about your brothers and sisters in Christ will come to pass. Maybe it's not wise to publicly proclaim such hard accusations, just in case they turn out to be false.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Christ comes as a thief, unannounced, and in times unlooked for. His advise for us is not to date pick, but to be ready for it as imminent.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:40
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Welcom to CF! (And yes, you've managed to stir up a hornet's nest with one of your very first posts! ;) )

Here is a link to a great series I highly recommend listening to recorded by a Lutheran pastor on
The Apocalyptic Anxiety of Pop-American Christianity

Monday, October 4, 2010

• Agree
Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About 40 years ago, I remember getting into a fight with my mom. She wanted me to have braces on my teeth. I didn't because I didn't see the use since the Rapture was going to occur pretty soon. In hindsight, I'm glad she won the argument. I also thought in college that I should remain a member of Beta-Tau-Rho (BTR = Bachelor 'til Rapture) since I could better serve God by being single. I'll be celebrating 34 years of marriage this summer with 3 adult daughters, two sons-in-law, and our first grand-daughter.

I'm glad I decided to plan and live my life as if the Lord wouldn't return until after my death, but would be happy to see Him before that. Bottom line, when the end happens, we'll be thrilled about it, and be happy to drop what we're doing. In the meantime, go about walking with God in your daily life as He leads you. Enjoy the cartooning... It could be a real blessing to many people. :)

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know there is no media in heaven? You being a bit presumptuous in my honest opinion. :)

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How do you know there is no media in heaven? You being a bit presumptuous in my honest opinion. :)
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” ;)

• Winner
Reactions: Andrew4jesus
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE=]About 40 years ago, I remember getting into a fight with my mom. She wanted me to have braces on my teeth. I didn't because I didn't see the use since the Rapture was going to occur pretty soon. In hindsight, I'm glad she won the argument. I also thought in college that I should remain a member of Beta-Tau-Rho (BTR = Bachelor 'til Rapture) since I could better serve God by being single. I'll be celebrating 34 years of marriage this summer with 3 adult daughters, two sons-in-law, and our first grand-daughter.

I'm glad I decided to plan and live my life as if the Lord wouldn't return until after my death, but would be happy to see Him before that. Bottom line, when the end happens, we'll be thrilled about it, and be happy to drop what we're doing. In the meantime, go about walking with God in your daily life as He leads you. Enjoy the cartooning... It could be a real blessing to many people.
:)[/QUOTE

So, you sayin' you didn't get raptured with everyone else in '91, or '96, or '02,
or '06, or 2012 either ??

:)

Upvote 0