bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
Ussing what they used to call misch metal munitions is as old as the vietnam conflict and the high flying 30,000 ft hunter killer specter aircraft blew many a truck to smithereens on the ho chi min trail with these ugly shells.The munition that keeps on killing.These shells, made from depleted uranium solved the problem of how to get rid of the spent fuel rods of nuclear plants without having to put out billions of dollars to make supposed safe disposal sites.They are in effect shooting up the third world with the stuff you probably protested being trucked through your state at one point in the past.We wouldnt want the same stuff used on this continent or stored in anyones backyard.It is interesting that the US military is exempt from war crimes.By getting this exemption the us has in effect given its military carte blanche to use whatever it likes to wage war with.The misch metal is the densest stuff they can find for armor piercing rounds and defeats most modern armor.There are other shaped charge shells that form a plasma that melts armor instantaneously to penetrate tanks and other hard targets, so its not for lack of alternate munitions do they use the uranium shells.I assume they are much cheaper to make and they serve to get rid of a lot of radioactive waste elsewhere in the world at no expense to the govt.

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
bertie: Spent fuel rods do not contain any depleted uranium. That's simply the start of the errors in your post.

DU is a unique form of munition, in that it's self-sharpening. So nothing does what it does. In addition, no nuclear waste is used in the production because nuclear waste isn't depleted uranium. Please source something.

Upvote 0

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
http://www.iichp.org/docs/du-qa.html should give more info im sorry the stuff is the remains of the uranium enrichment process and not fuel rods the fact remains there is a bout 450,000 tons of the stuff to shoot off and that is just our stuff.It realluy is nuclear waste and its left overs from nuclear weapon making.It may be self sharpenning but it disintegrates into a lot of dust before the self sharpenning depleted uranium core ignites.Ignites???then what??what kind of residues are left behind besides the preignition dust?

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
bertie said:
http://www.iichp.org/docs/du-qa.html should give more info im sorry the stuff is the remains of the uranium enrichment process and not fuel rods the fact remains there is a bout 450,000 tons of the stuff to shoot off and that is just our stuff.It realluy is nuclear waste and its left overs from nuclear weapon making.It may be self sharpenning but it disintegrates into a lot of dust before the self sharpenning depleted uranium core ignites.Ignites???then what??what kind of residues are left behind besides the preignition dust?
Your link is dead, and if English is your first language you're doing your best to hide it. If it really is your second language I withdraw that comment, but really your writing is borderline unreadable.

P.S. they also use it in the Boeing 747, at least the early models. It has commercial uses.

Upvote 0

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
my english is fine but my typing tis terrible.You type in the address because i dont have 100 posts or whatever.check it out before you dismiss it because this is real stuff and its gioing to get wider spread in its use.It is also used in radiation shielding oil drill bits and a host of other uses growing very day.It is the answer to a lot of engineers prayers for its unique properties.Like i said 450,000 tons of this stuff and growing .thats just on our side.the potential for long term damage to ground water supplies is not minimal,especially in war zones. There are at this moment places in the us where uranium was enriched that are just beginning to reap the harvest of their labours.if the above address is too tough to type in your browser manually, then type in depleted uranium munitions voila a veritable smorgisboard of warnings to be had!Hey did you hear the one about the iraqi children working for pennies in the scrapyards of gulf1 and gulf2?they say the cocentrations of the depleted uranium dust especially around the armoured vehicles hit by them is way higher than safe and these kids are barefoot ragamuffin boys salvaging the blown away tanks and tracks etc for spare parts.Read the effects of this stuff on the human body,where it builds up where it passes through,where it stays(bones lungs) this stuff is what they call mutagenic if you cant understand mutagenic then think deformed babies.What are you a US govt apologist? Rather than dis me state some facts .

Upvote 0

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
the use of these shells inthe vietnam war is a matter of history.they were used in the falklands, the gulf wars ,kosovo ,afganistan.Mayebe the israelis use them too as they are long on US firepwer.And they also anticipate going up against a lot of armor wether its at armaggeddon or earlier.I would bet since they have their own nuclear weapons(requiring enriched uranium)they probly have their own version of these armor piercing rounds.There is even some controversy wether tank crews serving in their tanks with the shells racked all around them are getting too high a dose.Just from riding with them!If you are a senior veteran then why arent you aware of this toxic hazard to our troops.Mine are in afganistan and they have fired some of that stuff there too.In the 2 gulf wars and kosovo about 500 tons of this stuff has been used up in shells that were fired.roughly 20% of that became aersolized particles on impact.that is 100 tons of particles(breathable)floating around in the air of those battlefields.then settling to earth and contaminating the ground.It makes me think of the prophecy of turning the water to blood at the end times so that it becomes poison to men.We already have it in griound water in the USA where at least one uranium enrichment and storage facility is that made this stuff.

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
The fact is, these weapons have been used in a great deal of wars and there's no research that has demonstrated depleted Uranium munitions cause anything but very localized harm.The WHO said it's not of great harm unless drinking water is exposed to the rounds, or kids are playing at a site where it was used, for instance, a destroyed tank.

There hasn't been a single recorded death whose cause has been found to be DU toxicity or radioactivity.

For all the hubbub about aersolized or vaporized DU particles, no scientist has done a study to actually show how much is blowing in the air in supposedly affected areas. People have made estimates about how many people MIGHT be harmed and how much DU MIGHT be in the air, but none of these folks have actually performed studies or surveys.

The half life of the Uranium in DU is 4 million years. It's not very radioactive by any measure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
Alarum said:
bertie: Spent fuel rods do not contain any depleted uranium. That's simply the start of the errors in your post.

DU is a unique form of munition, in that it's self-sharpening. So nothing does what it does. In addition, no nuclear waste is used in the production because nuclear waste isn't depleted uranium. Please source something.[/QUOTE I have furthue info on this subject and spent nuclear furel rods can be reprocessed into depleted uranium munitions material. but im not going to bother typing in the site you wont be able to use the link any way,but as i said type in depleted uranium munitions into your search bar and see what all the fuss is about,

Upvote 0

Alarum

Nov 5, 2004
✟6,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
bertie said:
I have furthue info on this subject and spent nuclear furel rods can be reprocessed into depleted uranium munitions material. but im not going to bother typing in the site you wont be able to use the link any way,but as i said type in depleted uranium munitions into your search bar and see what all the fuss is about,
I have 'typed it into the search bar' and the fuss isn't that big.

Upvote 0