Department of Energy may loosen showerhead regulations to improve Trump's hairdo

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The US government has proposed changing the definition of a showerhead to allow increased water flow, following complaints from President Donald Trump about his hair routine.

Under a 1992 law, showerheads in the US are not allowed to produce more than 2.5 gallons (9.5l) of water per minute.

The changes were proposed by the Department of Energy on Wednesday following complaints by Mr Trump at the White House last month.

"So showerheads - you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair - I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect," he said.

He's so vain, I bet he thinks that song is about him.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The US government has proposed changing the definition of a showerhead to allow increased water flow, following complaints from President Donald Trump about his hair routine.

Under a 1992 law, showerheads in the US are not allowed to produce more than 2.5 gallons (9.5l) of water per minute.

The changes were proposed by the Department of Energy on Wednesday following complaints by Mr Trump at the White House last month.

"So showerheads - you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair - I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect," he said.

He's so vain, I bet he thinks that song is about him.

Government regulations rarely work. Just as with the low flow, we use the same amount of water by staying in the shower longer.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know this?

I listen to the experts. It's just like energy star ratings where the government uses the manufactures data instead of real world testing.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vanity aside,
I saw this last night and laughed.

But also agreed with him.
The shower heads and toilets could use more water and be so much better than they are. Also some resolve for the inner workings of both so that they don't need replacing so often.
Most american bathrooms use 3/8 in drops to showers and toilets instead of 1/2 in and even though the pressure remains the same the volume isn't quite enough to really work well with these "low flow" gizmos.

Going back to 1/2 in drops as a standard will work with either low flow toilets or those golden oldies that are very rare these days and very expensive if you can find one.

And nothing beats a great shower that uses a lot of water instead of the flow reducing kind in use now. Of course you have to have good pressure to get them to work well.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some people so pathetic . I have low flow showers and toilets. And , I've never had an issue with them . Maybe, Because I live in Southern California . Where we tend to have droughts.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I listen to the experts. It's just like energy star ratings where the government uses the manufactures data instead of real world testing.
Where do the experts say we take longer showers with lower flow heads?

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do the experts say we take longer showers with lower flow heads?

They say it in their offices, job sites and just about everywhere. Just about anywhere speaking is allowed. Lol

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people so pathetic . I have low flow showers and toilets. And , I've never had an issue with them . Maybe, Because I live in Southern California . Where we tend to have droughts.

I take two showers a day. I would not be happy out there in California.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And nothing beats a great shower that uses a lot of water instead of the flow reducing kind in use now. Of course you have to have good pressure to get them to work well.

You see I presume why having everyone in America suddenly using a lot more water might not be a good thing right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see I presume why having everyone in America suddenly using a lot more water might not be a good thing right?
America is covered in lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams. There's no real shortage of water except in desert locations.
Wastewater is treated and returned to the environment in this country....PRC has issues with red tide because of the raw sewage they pump into the sea every day.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
America is covered in lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams. There's no real shortage of water except in desert locations.
Wastewater is treated and returned to the environment in this country....PRC has issues with red tide because of the raw sewage they pump into the sea every day.

The Looming U.S. Water Crisis

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Turn off shower water?
Over here in europe we turn on the shower water to get wet, then turn it off, lather our hair and skin and then turn the water on again to wash it off.

I always thought that this was the normal way to shower, but then I came across the concept of "Navy Showers", so apparently for your guys it's only a hardcore military thing?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Over here in europe we turn on the shower water to get wet, then turn it off, lather our hair and skin and then turn the water on again to wash it off.

I always thought that this was the normal way to shower, but then I came across the concept of "Navy Showers", so apparently for your guys it's only a hardcore military thing?
Obviously here in the UK, we left Europe earlier than I realized.

Upvote 0