JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Currently Betsy Devoss is the secretary of education...she is the 11th since 2017.

The place apparently has a revolving door on it.
Betsy DeVos - Wikipedia

Now where this lady has drawn attention for being outspoken...it's amazing to me to see how she has had time to do anything that would draw such.

At the rate they are going the name needs to be printed on masking tape.

Now this along with Joe Biden's agenda of teaching young children ALL about the joys of living a LGBTQ lifestyle...uggghhhh...

I'm not sure that there's really a cohesive plan going forward with this department.

School Loans are currently a disaster area. Promises to void loans have proven to be outright lies. People engaged in these student loans with the promise that they would be forgiven if they taught at particular Schools or worked for non-profits (like university hospitals)....or a combination of the two for over ten years.

And then when trying to get the forgiveness promised they ran into roadblock after roadblock. Denial after denial.

So....
Where I can understand why someone who borrowed $75,000 for acting lessons wouldn't necessarily qualify...but a teacher working towards a Master's?

Something is wrong.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Currently Betsy Devoss is the secretary of education...she is the 11th since 2017.

The place apparently has a revolving door on it.
Betsy DeVos - Wikipedia

Now where this lady has drawn attention for being outspoken...it's amazing to me to see how she has had time to do anything that would draw such.

At the rate they are going the name needs to be printed on masking tape.

Now this along with Joe Biden's agenda of teaching young children ALL about the joys of living a LGBTQ lifestyle...uggghhhh...

I'm not sure that there's really a cohesive plan going forward with this department.

School Loans are currently a disaster area. Promises to void loans have proven to be outright lies. People engaged in these student loans with the promise that they would be forgiven if they taught at particular Schools or worked for non-profits (like university hospitals)....or a combination of the two for over ten years.

And then when trying to get the forgiveness promised they ran into roadblock after roadblock. Denial after denial.

So....
Where I can understand why someone who borrowed $75,000 for acting lessons wouldn't necessarily qualify...but a teacher working towards a Master's?

Something is wrong.

Betsy DeVos is the 11th Secretary of Education ever. She took the position in 2017. The place is not a revolving door, in fact it is one of the more stable areas of Trump’s administration.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
your argument would be more effective if you could avoid lurid exaggerations like that.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Could you please quote where Biden has said about ‘teaching young children the joys of living a LGBTQ lifestyle’?

It is part of the Democrat LGBTQ Agenda.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Betsy DeVos is the 11th Secretary of Education ever. She took the position in 2017. The place is not a revolving door, in fact it is one of the more stable areas of Trump’s administration.

Well....thank you. I read it wrong.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It would be hard to wreck so much havoc on the federal involvement in education of no one stuck around.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Odd that you mention this:

Inside the Financial Holdings of Billionaire Betsy DeVos - Center for American Progress

Hint: Betsy DeVos personally profits from the student loan crisis. Go figure, huh?

Billionaires have money in everything...
Doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually cognizant of what they are investing in or even that they know where all their money is.

I have three banks and 7 accounts and I forget regularly where my money is. And I'm just an electrician.

Scratch that... forgot about another 3 accounts with 2 different banks.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually cognizant of what they are investing in or even that they know where all their money is.
DeVos is from Michigan. She's part of the Amway family cult. She made her political career SPECIFICALLY in her personal political efforts to funnel money away from public schools into the pockets of rich people like herself. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing since she's been doing it for years. We here in Michigan are very familiar with her and that's also why she's despised here in Michigan.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeVos is from Michigan. She's part of the Amway family cult. She made her political career SPECIFICALLY in her personal political efforts to funnel money away from public schools into the pockets of rich people like herself. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing since she's been doing it for years. We here in Michigan are very familiar with her and that's also why she's despised here in Michigan.

She isn't exactly liked by those who hold current student loans either...lots of people angry at her...

The list of technicalities for not forgiving the student loans include such things as "filing for forgiveness a month too late"...

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that I would mind if they stopped handing out loans for such places like Liberty University or Acting lessons or even Real Estate Profiteering Academy.
(Although Trump might fuss about the last one *ahem*)

But still the bait and switch is rather unethical.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Christian believers should not subject themselves to a government education from a kingdom of satan (be it america or some other country).

But since they want the things of the world like non believers, they enter into satans world of education.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I have three banks and 7 accounts and I forget regularly where my money is. And I'm just an electrician.

Scratch that... forgot about another 3 accounts with 2 different banks.

Same here.

I have no idea who my banks are loaning my money to, or how those borrowers are profiting by it (they might be making more money than I am considering the low interest rates I'm getting). :(

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same here.

I have no idea who my banks are loaning my money to, or how those borrowers are profiting by it (they might be making more money than I am considering the low interest rates I'm getting). :(
These days it's important to have multiple accounts across several banks for financial security. Someone hacks your debit card and then try getting a tank of gas or groceries with waiting for a month for the bank to replace your money.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These days it's important to have multiple accounts across several banks for financial security. Someone hacks your debit card and then try getting a tank of gas or groceries with waiting for a month for the bank to replace your money.

Good point.
I keep some cash on hand for such emergencies.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
young-addiction-starts-early

kid-feat.jpg

17458933_web1_190624-SNM-M-Screen-Shot-2019-06-24-at-1.52.37-PM.jpg

Children after Biden's new Department of Education secretary takes office...

• Haha
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0