Wanganui
✟2,614.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is NOT what Luther meant when he came up with the idea of Sola Fide. Yes we are saved by faith and faith alone, but the faith that saves is NEVER alone. Its "Christians" like that that Christ is going to reject on the last day. I hope I cleared that up.
That's like saying: "What do we need to make a working car? Well, we need wheels and only wheels. But, the only kind of wheels that work are the ones that have a shaft, diff, gearbox, engine, chassis and steering wheel attached to it."

And why do Protestants twist Scripture like this? Because they do not like some of the things that Scripture tells us come with "faith that saves". Now they have a foot in the door and can start arguing about what is essential in order to have the kind of "faith that saves".

Clever trick, but not what the Bible teaches, and certainly not the truth!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That's like saying: "What do we need to make a working car? Well, we need wheels and only wheels. But, the only kind of wheels that work are the ones that have a shaft, diff, gearbox, engine, chassis and steering wheel attached to it."

And why do Protestants twist Scripture like this? Because they do not like some of the things that Scripture tells us come with "faith that saves". Now they have a foot in the door and can start arguing about what is essential in order to have the kind of "faith that saves".

Clever trick, but not what the Bible teaches, and certainly not the truth!

We don't, it's stated directly in scripture.

Upvote 0