timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Before anyone tries to make uninformed / unfair judgement of my thread. Please read very carefully what I'm about to say. This is very important!!

Throughout my life, I've experienced in dreams and visions being visited by angels. Rarely, but still happened several times.

I grew up in a Christian home. Everyone at home are Christians. Once my dad, told me a story of him having a vivid dream of being visited by an angel in during a time of great difficulty and I was suprised to find his description of the angel, what it wore, etc, looked exactly the same angels that visits me in my dreams or visions. This isn't your typical google search angels :/ The angels me and my dad saw did not have wings and they wore matching uniforms that looks futuristic. They've often appeared in times of our great difficulties and helped us.

With two witnesses, I don't think this is just in my head.

However, one time, I got visited by them in dream, I was probably sick at that time. Still wearing the same uniform. But something didn't strike me as a normal visit. They are more talkative than usual and I asked them who sent them, and who is their leader. They told me, their leader is Jesus and they believe in Him.

And then I told them, "you're lying" and suddenly their mood changed from being casual and confident to that of fear. I could even see some of them started to tremble. The next thing I told them is leave and hurriedly, they left.

I would think angels would not behave like that. They would attempt to reason and stand their ground if I'm wrong. But these "angels" fled in fear. So are likely to be something else, an evil spirit disguising themselves as angels.

So what went quite suprising in the encounter is they were able say the name of Jesus very clearly and smoothly. No sign of struggle at all.

I think it's very obvious, if evil spirits must disguise themselves as angels, they should be able to say the name of Jesus or their act won't be convincing - they won't be able deceive anyone!!

Imagine encountering a demon disguised as an angel and you ask them about Jesus and immediately, they depart in fear, they won't be able to deceive.

Do note that an evil spirit approached and tried to win Jesus in the Bible. And spirit acted confidently and calmly!

ONe would ask, what about exorcisms?? With the information I gathered from my experience, I would suspect the demons that appear to struggle are only acting. They are faking it. The fear and all.

If they can make you believe you can drive them away or scrutinize them by simply saying the name of Jesus (but turns out it has no effect to them), then they would be able to deceive so many...Because you would accept anyone without question if they can say the name of Jesus. And it would seem demons could, unfortunatlely, only very few Christians knows about it!

Dropping down to the ground in submission and reverence if you ever ever meet with an angel may not be a good thing to do. The New Testament teachings would first recommend to test is the VERY first thing you must do. And the test must reveal the message they bring. And what they believe, the principles they adhere to must agree with teachings of Christ.

You can just imagine how some who got visited by angels and obeyed their bidding without question, without testing, without scrutiny deceived so many.... Billions of people decieved! I don't have to mention who they are but I bet, most of you knows what I'm talking about.

Do not allow anyone who doesn't have the same teaching in your home 2 John 1:10. Or put it this way, do not allow any spirit into your body who doesn't bring the same teaching!

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Good post timewerx. It reminded me of a story from the Desert Fathers:

The devil appeared to a very humble monk as an angel of light and told him, in order to pull him down into arrogance: "I am Gabriel and I came to salute you, for you have many virtues and are worthy."

"Look, you must have made a mistake," the humble monk answered, without losing his composure. "I am still living in sin, and for this reason I am not worthy to see angels."​

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Before anyone tries to make uninformed / unfair judgement of my thread. Please read very carefully what I'm about to say. This is very important!!

Throughout my life, I've experienced in dreams and visions being visited by angels. Rarely, but still happened several times.

I grew up in a Christian home. Everyone at home are Christians. Once my dad, told me a story of him having a vivid dream of being visited by an angel in during a time of great difficulty and I was suprised to find his description of the angel, what it wore, etc, looked exactly the same angels that visits me in my dreams or visions. This isn't your typical google search angels :/ The angels me and my dad saw did not have wings and they wore matching uniforms that looks futuristic. They've often appeared in times of our great difficulties and helped us.

However, one time, I got visited by them in dream, I was probably sick at that time. Still wearing the same uniform. But something didn't strike me as a normal visit. They are more talkative than usual and I asked them who sent them, and who is their leader. They told me, their leader is Jesus and they believe in Him.

And then I told them, "you're lying" and suddenly their mood changed from being casual and confident to that of fear. I could even see some of them started to tremble. The next thing I told them is leave and hurriedly, they left.

I would think angels would not behave like that. They would attempt to reason and stand their ground if I'm wrong. But these "angels" fled in fear. So are likely to be something else, an evil spirit disguising themselves as angels.

So what went quite suprising in the encounter is they were able say the name of Jesus very clearly and smoothly. No sign of struggle at all.

I think it's very obvious, if evil spirits must disguise themselves as angels, they should be able to say the name of Jesus or their act won't be convincing - they won't be able deceive anyone!!

Imagine encountering a demon disguised as an angel and you ask them about Jesus and immediately, they depart in fear, they won't be able to deceive.

Do note that an evil spirit approached and tried to win Jesus in the Bible. And spirit acted confidently and calmly!

ONe would ask, what about exorcisms?? With the information I gathered from my experience, I would suspect the demons that appear to struggle are only acting. They are faking it. The fear and all.

If they can make you believe you can drive them away or scrutinize them by simply saying the name of Jesus (but turns out it has no effect to them), then they would be able to deceive so many...Because you would accept anyone without question if they can say the name of Jesus. And it would seem demons could, unfortunatlely, only very few Christians knows about it!

Dropping down to the ground in submission and reverence if you ever ever meet with an angel may not be a good thing to do. The New Testament teachings would first recommend to test is the VERY first thing you must do. And the test must reveal the message they bring. And what they believe, the principles they adhere to must agree with teachings of Christ.

You can just imagine how some who got visited by angels and obeyed their bidding without question, without testing, without scrutiny deceived so many.... Billions of people decieved! I don't have to mention who they are but I bet, most of you knows what I'm talking about.

Do not allow anyone who doesn't have the same teaching in your home 2 John 1:10. Or put it this way, do not allow any spirit into your body who doesn't bring the same teaching!

You can discern this way apparently: 1 John 4:1-6

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟61,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Demon's don't fear people who use the name of Jesus and don't have a relationship with Him.
Why, because what they say will have no power.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So where do you get the idea that demon forces have to struggle merely because the name Jesus is stated? You've presumed that to be true but why? I would suggest to you isn't not the saying of the name "Jesus" which does anything anyway BUT rather the faith that is released to God from the one who utters it to help them that God in heaven looks at.

You know the authority that God has given the Son of the Father God in heaven and you know and declare that he's your deliverer. That is what Jesus means...Savior or Deliverer. If you're saying just the name JESUS enemy forces can't say then what about it being a popular name among various cultures in the world? The devil can't speak their names either? Read this scripture,

And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them. Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.” Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this. But the evil spirit answered them, Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. Acts 19:11,19

There you see that even the evil spirit could say the name "Jesus" with no problem. But if Paul or another believer was truly in relationship with God and knew the authority of the name than for sure ...demons flee.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You can discern this way apparently: 1 John 4:1-6

I'm pretty sure, the devil knows that by now.

Those verses might be referring to the Gnostics. The spirits they follow does not preach that Christ came in the flesh.

I think 2 John 1:10 is a better test. Harder but more fool-proof as this scrutinizes every word or teaching the spirit tells.

The devil is in the details. And details is one thing most Christians lack. People perish for lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Good post timewerx. It reminded me of a story from the Desert Fathers:

The devil appeared to a very humble monk as an angel of light and told him, in order to pull him down into arrogance: "I am Gabriel and I came to salute you, for you have many virtues and are worthy."

"Look, you must have made a mistake," the humble monk answered, without losing his composure. "I am still living in sin, and for this reason I am not worthy to see angels."​

First time I saw this. Nice touch!

I actually had a dream similar to that. Either I was visited by an evil spirit or I'm being tested.

Anyway, the reaction of some characters in the Bible when they see an Angel, they fall flat to the ground. Isn't exactly the right course of action. We have examples in the Bible of Angels rebuking the character when they did....And I think they truly mean it, it's not a commendation!

Don't please! If the devil came instead, appearing as an angel and you did just that, you'll be doing his bidding and that's bad!

There's way way more out there than just reading the Bible allows. St John said, everything that Jesus said there's not a library in the world big enough to hold all of them.

Most people will be decieved and I don't have to elaborate. Don't ever think when the deceiver comes, it will be easy to know because it's not the case. It can easily make someone drop their guard and exactly what the devil wants.

A skillful deceiver would be able to put lies even in things you trust most dearly in what you believe. So don't rule out anything.

• Agree
Reactions: icxn
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Demon's don't fear people who use the name of Jesus and don't have a relationship with Him.
Why, because what they say will have no power.
Right: "Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you " !

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

We are moving this thread to a section where it is a better fit. This particular topic belongs in the Spiritual Gift's sub-forum, Sign Gifts. Please continue your discussion here.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did these angels have blond hair and white or deeply bronze skin? Did they have a "prince valiant" style haircut? And as a side question, were they paired or twinned in appearance.

Regarding the name, it's not the enunciation of the word, it's the authority being evoked by it. They are not evoking anything by enuciating the English version of the name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is my take. It is very much like the natural world today. When we as believers say the name of Jesus, there should be love, reverence, awe, respect and things like that behind it, right? But we know full well that there are people in the world today that use the name of Jesus with the opposite of love and respect behind it, they use it in a mocking way or as a curse. Both groups use the same name.

I think it is no different in the spiritual realm. The word says there is power in the name of Jesus, so that must be true. But Jesus also said that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). So the question then becomes, what is the abundance of the heart when the name of Jesus is spoken? Is it spoken from a heart that understands the power and authority of the name, or is it spoken out of a heart of contempt? With the former, the demons tremble, with the latter they deceive. It's all about the revelation and the heart behind it.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Driving demons out in the name of Jesus is straight forward and simple. You are making it complicated and confusing.

The following is not boasting, just what happened to this nobody.
I started casting demons out in the 70s. I was utterly naïve, clumsy, and struggling with poor discernment. But my faith grew, my discernment grew and my success grew.

There were some real big powerful ones as well, that had come down generations of family lines, causing great pain and wreckage as to everyone along the way.

Often I worked with friends, sharing the discernment.

The result is countless changed lives and great testimonies.

Jesus said to drive them out in his name. Stop waffling around and just do it.

Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0