✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still, none have been found!

Giant in Biblical times could have been anyone over 6ft!
Yes they very well could have, mankind was much shorter in the past and would have seen a 6-7ft person as a giant. There is a guy I work with that has to be pushing 7 feet and he looks like a giant to me at 6-5.

As far as the Masoretic sizes there are literally thousands of reports of them being found. None are on display, however neither is the Ark of the Covenant. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I would prefer the LLX smaller size but remain agnostic because there is such an overwhelming wealth of early reports of giants in America, as well as some much older reports. I'm not satisfied with just labeling thousands of people to be ignorant or liars.

Upvote 0

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes they very well could have, mankind was much shorter in the past and would have seen a 6-7ft person as a giant. There is a guy I work with that has to be pushing 7 feet and he looks like a giant to me at 6-5.

As far as the Masoretic sizes there are literally thousands of reports of them being found. None are on display, however neither is the Ark of the Covenant. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I would prefer the LLX smaller size but remain agnostic because there is such an overwhelming wealth of early reports of giants in America, as well as some much older reports. I'm not satisfied with just labeling thousands of people to be ignorant or liars.

Lots of things are found in America! Lol

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Michael S. Heiser discusses these issues in depth

Uncritically accepting the statements of Genesis 6:1-4, in ancient times, both before & after the Flood, divine spirits brought about the pregnancies of human women on Earth -- "miraculous conceptions" that were a "dark flip side" of the Immaculate Conception of Christ...

even as anti-Christly figures are "dark flip sides" of the true Messiah...

extending that comparison, whereas the (same?) divine spirits inhabiting the women & their remarkable children (e.g. Olympias + Zeus = Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar was the son of Venus) would persist after the demise of their human "hosts" on Earth, to "obsess" and perhaps "possess" people such as the demoniacs of the NT...

so similarly but oppositely, the Spirit of Christ animated the early Church after the Crucifixion

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isa 26:14
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
KJV

The Hebrew word for "deceased" points to the Rephaim which was another OT word for the giants, and they are like the truly dead who will not rise (resurrect). So the dead giants cannot be the demons of the NT, because this Isaiah Scripture shows the giants will never be resurrected. It's pointing to an idea like once their flesh is dead, their spirit is also dead, and that's what it means to be truly 'the dead'.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isa 26:14
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
KJV

The Hebrew word for "deceased" points to the Rephaim which was another OT word for the giants, and they are like the truly dead who will not rise (resurrect). So the dead giants cannot be the demons of the NT, because this Isaiah Scripture shows the giants will never be resurrected. It's pointing to an idea like once their flesh is dead, their spirit is also dead, and that's what it means to be truly 'the dead'.
Verse 13 clearly refers. To for an alien gods, the Israelites had never previously worshipped. It's the for an alien gods, which are dead. It's the demonic spirits, which are chained in Hades in Tartarus. As mentioned in 2, Peter 2 and Jude. The passage in Isaiah 26, is not talking about Giants or Nephilim.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bones of these men are still shown to this very day, unlike to any credible relations of other men" (Ant., V,ii,3).
I'd like to see some of those.

The Apocrypha claim the disembodied giants [Nephilim] are the origin of demons, and accuse them of many crimes.
Which is probably why they're apocryphal.

A shame people aren't as interested in the Gospel of our Lord as they are in tales of Nephilim and giants and stuff that isn't in the Bible.

Upvote 0