Demonic Tongue

N

Netzari5730

TheTempleTeam said:
Hey guys, I was recently attacked during a prayer time by a guy with a demonic tongue, is there any Scriptural reference to a demonic tongue?

Thanks for any help :)
Of course there are demonic tongues/languages. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of Angels...etc" Demons are merely fallen Angels. This is not to say that there are demonic tongues being spoken by Spirit filled believers. Nor is this to say that their are demonic deceptions of such a false gift. Just because it may not be of God doesn't make it demonic, though this may be a possibility. There is nothing scriptural to indicate false tongues being of demonic origin. It could be, perhaps, one's own imagination. Too many people have demon-on-the-brain and give the adversary more credit than he is deserves. People like to say, "Satan is tempting me!" But if they took a good look at what scripture says, it isn't always Satan. Read James 1:12-15:

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his ownlust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

In Yeshua...
Netzari5730

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
satan can imitate the gifts--just as there are false prophets, so there are also false tongues--that's why scripture says to test the spirits, for there are many false christs in the world. I had an experience when I was real little--when I was 5 yrs old, satan used my mom(who wasn't saved, and smoked pot, etc) to try to kill me. It's kind of long to go into, but it has to do with hearing my mom 'praying' in a creepy tongue and it was as if she wasn't in control of it, either. She also had put a candle of a pilgrim in my window, lit and it was as if the candle and her 'creepy' tongues was connected--It freaked me out when in bed, and I knocked the candle over and the carpet caught on fire--satan tried to get me to think that God hated me and wanted me dead and I guess you could say satan tried to use my mom's tongues to scare me off from the gifts. Of course, it didn't work! I felt creepy with my mom's tongues(of course she wasn't saved, either), and I remember another incidence at a gathering somewhere where there was one girls tongues--a type of clicking sound that creeped me out. I also read somewhere that even the mormon founder Brigham Young or the other guy, I can't think of his name right off, they supposely spoke in unknown tongues!!!! So satan does have a counterfeit to the real.

Upvote 0

TheTempleTeam

Summer Of Love!
Apr 22, 2004
Aberdeen University, Scotland
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
I remember you saying that cherokee, I've been praying for you for a while now :)

In reference to Netzari, I was only asking if there were Scripture verses relating to a Demonic Tongue. I knew they existed, due to the nature of Satan, so the 'of course' wasn't really required ;) And yes, I'm quite aware that we're often to quick to call it 'demonic activity', however, that's the beauty of Discernment :) I was simply asking if there were any verses relating to it.

Upvote 0
N

Netzari5730

TheTempleTeam said:
I remember you saying that cherokee, I've been praying for you for a while now :)

In reference to Netzari, I was only asking if there were Scripture verses relating to a Demonic Tongue. I knew they existed, due to the nature of Satan, so the 'of course' wasn't really required ;) And yes, I'm quite aware that we're often to quick to call it 'demonic activity', however, that's the beauty of Discernment :) I was simply asking if there were any verses relating to it.
Well, direct and simple: no, there are no verses to indicate that there is a false or demonic imitation of the gift of tongues. I am sorry if the "of course" statement seemed offensive, it wasn't a "matter-of-factly" of course statement;)

In Yeshua...
Netzari5730

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is very interesting because the Holy Spirit is really working in my heart but at the same time a few things are distrubing me. One of which someone once told me they had received a demonic tounge. I really want to experience more of God His life and power in my heart but this whole area of the counterfeit gifts really trouble me?
can anyone advise?

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Life in Abundance said:
This is very interesting because the Holy Spirit is really working in my heart but at the same time a few things are distrubing me. One of which someone once told me they had received a demonic tounge. I really want to experience more of God His life and power in my heart but this whole area of the counterfeit gifts really trouble me?
can anyone advise?
Jesus said "If you ask for a fish, will he give you a snake?" No Christian seeking God for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is going to receive something from the devil.

Now someone who is not saved/not seeking God-- well that's a whole 'nuther story.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
TheTempleTeam said:
Hey guys, I was recently attacked during a prayer time by a guy with a demonic tongue, is there any Scriptural reference to a demonic tongue?

This is not to deny your experience. I'm just making a side point:

Have you ever wondered why Paul and the other Apostles and early disciples never bothered about demonic tongues?

I mean, you read Acts and whenever anyone spoke in tongues after receiving the Spirit, no one went around asking "Hey, is that real or is it demonic?"

Even the abuse of tongues in the Corinthian church had nothing to do with demonic tongues. It was just the way it was used.

So why is the church so concerned about this? Are we emphasising things that Paul never emphasised?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a long ago memory of reading about when Jesus Christ Superstar was on broadway. The guy who played Jesus was not a Christian at the time....(he is saved now) He said when he was hanging on the cross, he was speaking in tongues, cursing God, he said.....Hmmm...that would have been a counterfeit tongue. I've always believed the enemy will duplicate anything that is of value in hopes of causing confusion and fear. So folks will throw it all out as to not be deceived. I heard it described as this....there are NO counterfeit pennies....but there are counterfeit twenties and hundreds. Only things of value are counterfeited. I also don't believe a Christian can receive a counterfeit tongue....but many have been afraid to speak out what they heard..... in the event it wasn't from God. That ol' fear! What a thief it can be.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Netzari5730 said:
Of course there are demonic tongues/languages. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of Angels...etc" Demons are merely fallen Angels. This is not to say that there are demonic tongues being spoken by Spirit filled believers. Nor is this to say that their are demonic deceptions of such a false gift. Just because it may not be of God doesn't make it demonic, though this may be a possibility. There is nothing scriptural to indicate false tongues being of demonic origin. It could be, perhaps, one's own imagination. Too many people have demon-on-the-brain and give the adversary more credit than he is deserves. People like to say, "Satan is tempting me!" But if they took a good look at what scripture says, it isn't always Satan. Read James 1:12-15:

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his ownlust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

In Yeshua...
Netzari5730
Frist before I read any more show me in the word that say's fallen angels are demon's. (Hint it not in the word). There are demon's in people who can speak. But in my experence they what you to hear them and will speak to you in your language.

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Faithful-Frank said:
When you speak in tongues you speak in one of the many Angelic Languages. I highly doubt that Satan speaks English, or at least a human language.
No that is not true he will speak right at you and try to make you faint in your faith. I would like to suggest that many of you stay out of this minstery till you get some strong teaching (I would suggest Drek Prince)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
TheTempleTeam said:

An effectual elder operating in the Holy Spirit gift of "Discernment of Spirits" could give that little baby a farewell message

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Demons are multi-lingual! I'm sure there have been those of you who have witnessed or been around deliverances....usually there is just shrieking or hissing sounds but once a young woman who was in the grips of anorexia began speaking in a 'language' that was clearly not angelic. There are those on the board who challenge whether or not my prayer language could possibly be demonic, if they ever heard what I heard they would know without a doubt there is a distingishable difference.

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
enoch son said:
This thead is mute. One question needs to be ask. Who as the authority? My bible say's I do, bottom line. If I order the demon to speak it speaks in english. Agian if you do not understand the power of the Most High God do not get into a fight with a demon yeild to someone who does.

You do have a point Enoch. We are all given the authority to expel these little buggers, there are some though who have (to an extent unerstandable) fear. I worry sometimes people don't learn what they can and needto know because of this confusion. If demon in part of a deliverance speaks, you have every right to tell it to "shut up"!

Upvote 0