HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I want to be one of those believers whom the enemy is afraid of and can't stand to be near, don't you? The name Antipas means “against all” which could represent the fact that he was standing alone for the faith against the forces of evil

In regards to Pergamos:
The Lord was not pleased with Pergamos because they had fallen into advancing their own interests (Idolatry) into their land (this is the doctrine of Balaam). The deeds of the Nicolaitanes were introduced also, in which a pecking order was developed & false apostles were introduced.

So why does Abba mention Antipas out of the thousands of martyrs who were dying in that age?

Pergamos had become the "throne of satan".. this reality overlapped into the church where the enemy set up his throne in order to be worshipped. The throne is in the temple of God = The temple is in the hearts of men = This equates to men who have a false spirit masquerading as Christianity, anointed with the spirit of satan (a false anointing/spirit).

So why does this particular scripture mention Antipas in all of this? The Word it's self doesn't explain it out, but the writing below does..

The fate of Antipas is recorded by Simeon Metaphrastes (a historic documentation). "The residents of Pergamos were worshipping demons who had appeared to them and the demons told them that they could not live there nor accept their sacrifices because the power of Antipas was casting them out. Antipas was captured by the idolaters of Pergamos and delivered to their conservative governor who tried to convince Antipas that the older things are more honorable than the new. For this reason, the religion of the Greeks was more honorable than Christianity since it was older and grew better with the passing of time. On the other hand, the faith of the Christians is not to be honored since it started later and was accepted by fewer people. Antipas countered the argument by using the example of Cain and Abel. Even though Cain was older than his brother Abel, Abel was accepted by God and Cain was not. Cain, by killing his brother is hated and despised by all men who have lived thereafter, even though he was older, therefore the Greeks' impiety is hateful to the Christians who came later, even though it is older. When the governor and the Greeks heard this they burnt with anger and the aged Antipas, after refusing to pinch some incense in the red hot copper bull-shaped altar of Caesar, was thrown into the same brazen altar alive and roasted. While he was there, the saint fervently prayed to God, glorifying His great power and thanked Him for being worthy to suffer for His love."

An interesting study on this is found here: Pergamum: Churches of Revelation-3 | Jungle Adventures
------------------------------------------
Scripture Reference
Revelation 2:12-16 ..I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.