• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Demon possession

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi i believe I am demon possessed but I have seen a doctor who says I have schizophrenia what can I do. None of the medications the doctor has given me over the years work. The Demons speak through me and cause me great emotional pain. I am being oppressed please Help.........

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi i believe I am demon possessed but I have seen a doctor who says I have schizophrenia what can I do. None of the medications the doctor has given me over the years work. The Demons speak through me and cause me great emotional pain. I am being oppressed please Help.........
I recommend contacting your local Catholic parish about this. They can conduct an evaluation and, if necessary, partner with a psychologist in order to determine if your problem is mental or spiritual in nature. They will then help you accordingly.

The Catholic Church helps anybody who asks them. So if you're not Catholic, that won't be a problem.

Upvote 0

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recommend contacting your local Catholic parish about this. They can conduct an evaluation and, if necessary, partner with a psychologist in order to determine if your problem is mental or spiritual in nature. They will then help you accordingly.

The Catholic Church helps anybody who asks them. So if you're not Catholic, that won't be a problem.

Isnt the psyche/mental spiritual you know thoughts emotions etc because mine are being controlled by these voices who call themselves demons.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Isnt the psyche/mental spiritual you know thoughts emotions etc because mine are being controlled by these voices who call themselves demons.
I cannot claim expertise on demonology. For all I know, your problem may be mental illness or it could also be genuine oppression.

Either way, qualified experts will need to make that decision. That is why I recommend contacting your nearest Catholic parish to tell them about your problem so that they can decide how best to help you.

Reactions: Manoah
Upvote 0

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot claim expertise on demonology. For all I know, your problem may be mental illness or it could also be genuine oppression.

Either way, qualified experts will need to make that decision. That is why I recommend contacting your nearest Catholic parish to tell them about your problem so that they can decide how best to help you.
Thanks

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
schizophrenia
It sounds like schizophrenia and some look at it as demon possessed. If it is only you can get yourself help. You keep going back until you get a medication that will work for you. The last time I had experience with this was years ago and the meds wer not good and side effects were prevalent. You can also commit yourself to the state hospital for treatment if you feel it is too much for you to handle. Don't give up. There is help out there for you. You need to persevere for your own sake. I had to commit my mother years ago, that seemed to be her saving grace for a while. She also had shock treatments that really helped her. Sometimes that's what it takes. And I know it is a dreaded thought in some peoples minds but it does work in many cases. God bless you and give you strength.

Upvote 0

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like schizophrenia and some look at it as demon possessed. If it is only you can get yourself help. You keep going back until you get a medication that will work for you. The last time I had experience with this was years ago and the meds wer not good and side effects were prevalent. You can also commit yourself to the state hospital for treatment if you feel it is too much for you to handle. Don't give up. There is help out there for you. You need to persevere for your own sake. I had to commit my mother years ago, that seemed to be her saving grace for a while. She also had shock treatments that really helped her. Sometimes that's what it takes. And I know it is a dreaded thought in some peoples minds but it does work in many cases. God bless you and give you strength.
Hi i believe the term schizophrenia is only for people who are ignorant of the fact that they are really demons....

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi i believe the term schizophrenia is only for people who are ignorant of the fact that they are really demons....
You can believe that if you want. That is your right.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Same thing happens to me. I would say to study deliverance from a biblical standpoint and go to a Godly deliverance minister that also knows about mental health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Healing can be done physically, spiritually and a combo.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It can be physical, spiritual or a combo. Personally i have a combo. I feel ya. Praying!

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There are a few possibilities for you posted. There are also a few that suffer from possibly the same thing and they have posted about it. Hopefully they will see your post and come in to add their experiences. I am not negating the possibility of demons. I can only tell you of my experiences with it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
God "invented" the angels he knew would become demons. This is not a problem to him, but you are more important to him than angels. Demons do not own you, if you belong to him. If you need him, talk to him. Give yourself to the one who already owns you by right of creation. The way is already made. It is not hard for him to do.

Upvote 0

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God "invented" the angels he knew would become demons. This is not a problem to him, but you are more important to him than angels. Demons do not own you, if you belong to him. If you need him, talk to him. Give yourself to the one who already owns you by right of creation. The way is already made. It is not hard for him to do.
They are inside me....

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Manoah

Aug 8, 2018
Taranaki
✟16,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Demons can't possess Christians. You are either imagining this or you haven't been born again.
I wish i really did have the holy spirit it would be worth more than anything in the world to me but i became possessed using marijuana it was a mistake i didnt know there were spiritual consequences.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you made the sincere good confession of Romans 10?

For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them.
But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down)
“or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” -Rom 10:5-13​

If so, you have been saved and have the Holy Spirit indwelling. According to 1Corinthians, you are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Now, can a trickster sneak into that temple and wreak havoc? I believe so. But it doesn't change who you are, it only changes who you think you are and how you will accordingly act.

If you know you are the temple of the Holy Spirit, you know your prayers are heard. You know you are not alone in your circumstances, you are not cut off. The Lord is with you, advocating for you. And that makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not saying don't use doctors and medications. Sometimes they are necessary. But try to resolve the spiritual confusion with the truth of God's word. The promises of God in Christ Jesus are Yes, and we give our Amen to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0