Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord told me to do this for you.

Well like 5 seconds before an atheist walked on stage a woman fell on the floor foaming at the mouth and speaking words that sounded demonic to me. And I know what it feels like to be close to demons, very scary. She got back up and I could not feel a demonic present’s any more.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Christians in Africa have a major problem with demonic possessions and its blamed heavily on the counter culture of voodoo.

I live in the north of the USA. It snows here.
I've talked with people who never seen or experienced snow. It's hard to believe and hard to understand their lack of knowledge of it.

A well known pastor admitted to a group of African Christians that he never performed an exorcism. They were shocked and confused.

I have had experiences with exorcisms and being possessed myself.

Its one thing to think someone is possessed because their emotional, but its another when its accompanied by the supernatural.

Peace.

Upvote 0

TheWiseMan

Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians in Africa have a major problem with demonic possessions and its blamed heavily on the counter culture of voodoo.

I live in the north of the USA. It snows here.
I've talked with people who never seen or experienced snow. It's hard to believe and hard to understand their lack of knowledge of it.

A well known pastor admitted to a group of African Christians that he never performed an exorcism. They were shocked and confused.

I have had experiences with exorcisms and being possessed myself.

Its one thing to think someone is possessed because their emotional, but its another when its accompanied by the supernatural.

Peace.

I say there are just as many demon possessed souls here in the usa as there are in Africa. They are all over the Earth. More than you can count.

Upvote 0

COG2013

Nov 5, 2012
Quartz Hill, Ca, USA
✟15,984.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. As a matter of fact, I saw demons cast out of a person during a church service in 2002. It was at the LaPalma Christian Center, an AG Church. Healer Billy Burke was the guest pastor on a Friday night healing service. Near the middle of the service, a young man walked in off the street. He was wearing a Pep Boys uniform like he had just gotten off work. As he entered the sanctuary, Billy noticed him and said: "Hello - You don't look like you belong here." The young man walked straight up to the altar and faced Billy. Billy said "Do you want to be saved today? The young man said Yes. Billy placed his hands on the mans forehead and said something in tongues and the young man went down. He was on his back on the floor. Billy then said: "COME OUT OF HIM IN THE NAME OF JESUS!" The young man's mouth opened as wide as it would open and a loud scream came out as the first demon departed. It was repeated a second time and the second demon came out.

When thew young man finally regained conscience and stood, he had a look of peace and serenity he didn't have when he came in. Applause and praise then broke out among all present and people started hugging and loving this young man who had just found Jesus. It was an experience I'll never forget. That night, a 72 year old woman with congestive heart failure (a member of the church) received a new heart and ran 3 laps around the sanctuary. The cancer in a 32 year old woman's breast vanished that night. Many miracles. Billy Burke is the real thing.
Hey Wise Man - Did you read this?

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
TheWiseMan said:
I say there are just as many demon possessed souls here in the usa as there are in Africa. They are all over the Earth. More than you can count.

I think there are more in the USA than Africa because so many have lazy, careless, and unbelieving attitudes in the USA regarding demon possession.

Peace be with you all.

Upvote 0

TheWiseMan

Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think there are more in the USA than Africa because so many have lazy, careless, and unbelieving attitudes in the USA regarding demon possession.

Peace be with you all.

Evil spirits are everywhere on this Earth. In great number.

And they are going to continue to grow in number till the end of the world.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You can read in the bible where demons possessed people. Do you still believe this is the same today as it was back then. And if so how would you know if someone is demon possessed?

In business, we have a term called "Know your competition". In spirit I believe this applies as well. "Know your enemy". I don't believe in Demons (Daemon's) as they are Greek folklore. I would rather says "opposing forces" to God. If one believes in God the Father, one cannot dispute the opposing forces. They are ignorant and attempt to transpose their ignorance on spiritual man, and with much success. They are different than opposing angels, or Archons. Angels have the ability to make their own physical bodies. Daemons do not, as they need a host to reside in. They are spiritual influences and don't come near the pictures describing them. Until one receives the cleansing and wisdom from God, they are influencing all human beings, animals and even non animate things. They don't hurt a person (kill them) but could be influential in causing a host to harm or kill, including suicide. It is because of ignorance a host would do such a thing. An opposing force can attempt many things spiritually just as the Godly forces can. It is why they can "appear as an angel of light". But the wisdom Jesus brought us, allows us to identify and cast them aside.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Demons are AS REAL today as they were during the time of Christ. Probably MUCH more prevalent.

How does one recognize a 'demon'? That is the tricky part.

Satan is the 'Father of Lies'. His methods are so practiced that he can deceive by USING the truth as he did with Eve in the garden.

Would his demons be any LESS empowered to deceive? I think not.

So it may well be near impossible to recognize them unless they reveal themselves.

I have witnessed this very situation on more than one occasion where someone 'demon possessed' had demons that WISHED to reveal themselves.

For not only is Satan the 'Father of Lies', he is VERY PROUD as well. And such pride often leads those so inclined to REVEAL THEMSELVES. For if they remain hidden, there is no outright satisfaction in their DEEDS. There is a big difference in personal satisfaction and the satisfaction involved with OTHERS KNOWING.

I personally believe that there are MANY MANY MANY MORE people possessed of demons NOW than at the time of Christ.

The Bible tells us that ONE MAN, calling himself 'Legion' was possessed of THOUSANDS of demons. This indicates that there are A LOT of demons that exist. The Bible tells us that SEVEN demons were cast out of Mary. And she was a mere prostitute. What about those that are TRULY diabolical in their sins? Those that active CHOOSE to harm others through their actions? Seven times SEVENTY?

Which among us has NEVER had a thought that was so foreign, so upsetting, so embarrassing that they couldn't BELIEVE it was their 'own thought'?

What if it WASN'T? What if it WAS a demon inspired THOUGHT?

You know. Thoughts of HARMING others? Perhaps even thoughts of murder, or suicide or robbery or perverted sexual thoughts? Come now, we ALL have them. The question is: Where do such thoughts COME FROM? If they are NOT of 'one's OWN MIND', then how do they GET THERE?

Almost every instance of horrific crime involves someone confessing their deeds that says, "At one point, it was as if I were OUTSIDE of my body WATCHING MYSELF pull the trigger." How is it that this scenario is SO COMMON among those that have committed some of the most atrocious crimes? Maybe there is MORE to it than MOST are willing to admit. Perhaps it IS demons that have inspired the 'acts'. Perhaps it IS demons that have been ALLOWED to gain SO MUCH control over one's mind, that in the end they are able to control the BODY as well. And in order to SHOW the individual WHO is REALLY in control, the sense of being outside of one's body watching what takes place is the MEANS that the demons have of SHOWING the individual that THEY are in control rather than that person being ABLE to resist.

It's called "entertaining demons' folks. A demon has NO control over someone that RESISTS their temptations. It is when someone ENTERTAINS them that they LOSE their power to overcome.

Like when that 'foreign thought' enters into one's mind. MOST people simply LET IT GO. But some ENTERTAIN those thoughts to FRUITION. And once one begins to turn their ability to decide over into the hands of demons, at one point the demons have SO MUCH POWER that they are ABLE to 'throw one into a fire' or 'to try and drown one in water' or even PULL that trigger WITHOUT that individual being able to resist for that moment.

Having STUDIED this issue for years, I have SEEN the indications HUNDREDS of times. Those that would PURPOSELY harm their friends. What other possibility is there. HOW could one that LOVES another INTENTIONALLY harm them? If there is no "OUTSIDE" source of such influence, then we are the most twisted and demented of God's creation. For we were CREATED in His image. So when we DO THINGS that are contrary to that very image, there MUST be a REASON. And it cannot come FROM that which was created IN His image if it is utterly CONTRARY to that very image.

Eve, the first human to sin, did so under the influence of a DEMON, or even Satan himself. She DID that which was CONTRARY to the very image in which she was created. She committed 'spiritual SUICIDE'. She DID that which was UTTERLY contrary to HER BEST INTERESTS. And not of her OWN design, but of a design influenced THROUGH an OUTSIDE SOURCE.

Some say that 'Christians', (those that believe in Christ), CANNOT be possessed of demons.

I would say that IF demons were NEEDED to possess individuals it would be those PROFESSING a belief in Christ that they would attempt to influence the MOST. For what purpose would it serve to use demons to possess those that ALREADY belong to Satan? It would be those that were the MOST pure that Satan would exercise the MOST effort to subvert.

If you DO NOT believe in demons, then YOU DO NOT BELIEVE in the BIBLE? If you do NOT believe that Satan exists as an entity, then you DO NOT BELIEVE in the BIBLE. For the Bible speaks SPECIFICALLY of BOTH. The examples are NUMEROUS.

Christ EMPOWERED His apostles to "cast out demons". Do you BELIEVE in what the Bible says? If so then DEMONS EXIST. And from what the Bible INDICATES there are a LOT OF THEM. Enough for THOUSANDS to possess ONE MAN.

So, for ALL that have commented on this post with words DENYING their belief that demons exist, maybe it would be PRUDENT to go back and read what we have been offered in The Word of God. Instead of ALLOWING the potential influence of demons themselves to turn one AWAY from the TRUTH, perhaps a FINDING of the truth FIRST may well be able to HELP them defend themselves AGAINST the influence of demons.

For Christ would NOT have empowered His apostles for NO REASON. And we would NOT have been offered such information concerning demons UNLESS they are REAL.

So one that is in denial is in a pretty slippery place indeed. For to deny their existence is to DENY a belief in what the Bible offers concerning demons and possession.

Anyone that would STATE that they DO NOT believe in demons, in MY OPINION, does NOT believe in the Bible: God's Word. And if this is the case, then whatever they have to offer is suspect from the onset of whatever they have to offer concerning the issue.

To put it simply, anyone that would DENY the existence of demons MUST come to such conclusion from SOME SOURCE. And if what they believe is CONTRARY to the Word as delivered by God through Prophet, Son and apostles, then there is an awful good chance that they themselves are being influenced by SOME OTHER SOURCE.

One CANNOT defend themselves against an UNKNOWN enemy or one that is BELIEVED 'not to exist'. So if one DENIES the presence or existence of demons, they have NO WAY TO DEFEND THEMSELVES from their influence. It may well be the INFLUENCE of a 'demon' or 'MANY demons' that would LEAD one to the conclusion that they DO NOT EXIST. Why else would ANYONE claiming to be a 'follower of Christ' DENY the existence of demons when we have stories of Christ HIMSELF casting them out of individuals?

Did Christ HEAL the sick? Did He 'walk on water'? Did He raise the dead? Folks, we also have MANY accounts of Christ 'casting out demons' as well. And empowering His apostles to DO THE SAME.

So that only leaves TWO directions in one's beliefs: 1. Acceptance of the FACT that demons exist through the Word of God itself: The Bible. 2. Denial of The Word in choosing to believe that demons DO NOT EXIST. There is no other choice. And WHERE would the influence come from to DENY the very Word of God? As with Eve, some OUTSIDE source. For one cannot produce that which is CONTRARY to it's very existence WITHOUT that idea or concept coming from OUTSIDE it's self.

A computer can ONLY DO what it is programed to DO. If we were created in the IMAGE of God, then we are INCAPABLE of thoughts and actions contrary to that image without those thoughts and ideas COMING from 'other source'. If all ONE KNEW was love, they would be incapable of offering hatred. If ALL one KNEW was God, then there would be no way for that person to worship anything BUT God. So 'something' has to OFFER such influence OUTSIDE of the realm of that image in which we were 'created' for us to be ABLE to follow in 'another direction'.

And for anyone that would take offense to my words or find offense in them, I ask ONE QUESTION: Does the Bible speak of demon possession? Then another question: Does the Bible EVER speak of it ENDING?

Blessings,

MEC

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Demons are AS REAL today as they were during the time of Christ. Probably MUCH more prevalent.

How does one recognize a 'demon'? That is the tricky part.

MEC

Another great post, my friend.

Visions do not have to be of God, but come from the opposing forces as well.

Gospel of Mary Chapter 5
5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.
6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.
7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.
8) And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,
9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?
11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision

Now, one can claim this to be true or not. But not by reading it, but seeing the vision it portrays. The mind can see this, as it happened (the group sitting around) and discussing Mary's vision. As the vision becomes apparent, we are challenged with if it is true or not. If what is said, aligns with the scriptures where Jesus spoke, then we would assume Mary is telling the truth. If the doctrine we follow instead says that the vision is not true, we make a choice to place the doctrine, above the vision, thereby the doctrine controls us. How else would the Holy Spirit contact us if not through visions?

So if visions are real, the opposing forces can cause them as well. We see the visions before and after an event. If we are one with the disciples, should we not see the same vision as John with his Apocalypse? Yet it is seen differently by the many who pursue it. Obviously, Johns was given by the Holy Spirit. But when we have different visions that confuse the true meaning, those visions are not of God, IMO.

A vision is where the mind attempts to receive the image of truth. To limit it to a certain preordained set of rules, is spiritual suicide (doctrines, etc). To challenge that it is of God, makes us grow in truth. Like Mary, we need to try and understand what the mind receives by testing the vision, rather than saying "I simply don't believe it".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another great post, my friend. Visions do not have to be of God, but come from the opposing forces as well.
Yep, here is your personified demon:

1 Samuel 29:4 But the princes of the Philistines were angry with him; so the princes of the Philistines said to him, 'Make this fellow return, that he may go back to the place which you have appointed for him, and do not let him go down with us to battle, lest in the battle he become our adversary. For with what could he reconcile himself to his master, if not with the heads of these men? (5) Is this not David, of whom they sang to one another in dances, saying:
'Saul has slain his thousands, And David his ten thousands'?'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stealth001

Seeker
Sep 8, 2011
✟15,792.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Any believers in the house???

Mark 16:15-18 (KJV)
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Upvote 0

COG2013

Nov 5, 2012
Quartz Hill, Ca, USA
✟15,984.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can read in the bible where demons possessed people. Do you still believe this is the same today as it was back then. And if so how would you know if someone is demon possessed?
Jesse Duplantis cast a demon out of a woman while on a commercial flight, and all the passengers and flight crew witnessed it.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesse Duplantis cast a demon out of a woman while on a commercial flight, and all the passengers and flight crew witnessed it.
Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Don't know Jesse Duplantis either.

Upvote 0