Demon dream

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i used to pray for God to speak to me in dreams. There was one time where I'm really sure he did. There were a couple of other times where I thought maybe he had but now I'm not so sure. I gave up on praying for that because I felt like he wasn't answering and because I figure at this point that everything that is important is already written in the Bible and I live in a country where reading the Bible is easy to do and legal. But I've been starting to grow concerned because I feel like I've been getting multiple dreams of demons trying to talk to me and I don't know what the hell it means. The dreams typically consist of the demons trying to get me to commit sins like suicide or sleeping around or worshiping demons instead of God. I don't know why I keep getting these dreams. In the most recent one I was aware of generic darkness and fear. I felt chills and then I heard this voice telling me to give up on the faith and just marry for money and have kids even though I have a condition that I don't want to pass on to anyone else. It was telling me to give up on my studies. My response in the dream was like "wow if I keep getting demons trying to tempt me then God must have plans for me." And then it responded saying "not in this life." At some point it said "your God is dead." I then responded saying "he died and rose again and is alive sitting at the right hand of God! I saw him! (I was referencing in the dream about the dream where I thought God spoke to me.)" then there was just silence. After that I commanded in Jesus name to know it's name and to get out. I tried listening for its name and it said something that I didn't recognize in a kind of hissing sound. Then I woke up. It just bothers me because I don't know why these demons keep coming to me in dreams. One time one of the demons implied that they were my God. And/or stronger than my God because they come to me in dreams instead of God.

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you prayed about these dreams? You say you've given up on praying, and that everything important is in the bible. Yet the bible has an extremely strong emphasis on the importance of praying.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Philippians 4:6

Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonian 5:17

There are many more relevant verse I could list..

Fun fact, There are about 650 prayers in the bible.:)

I pray almost every single night before going to bed. I meant that I don't pray for God to talk to me anymore.

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, apologies for that!

I will pray for your situation.

I've also had a couple of dreams featuring demons. In one, I quoted scripture at it for a time before awakening. In another, a menacing one was grinning as it reached for my hand. After it took my hand, it frowned and seemed to back off and observe from a distance. I'm unsure of that dream and it troubled me, but I quickly gave my worries to Lord and haven't been bothered by it since.

Reactions: orangeness365
Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I've also had a couple of dreams featuring demons. In one, I quoted scripture at it for a time before awakening. In another, a menacing one was grinning as it reached for my hand. After it took my hand, it frowned and seemed to back off and observe from a distance. I'm unsure of that dream and it troubled me, but I quickly gave my worries to Lord and haven't been bothered by it since.

I'm glad that you haven't had dreams with demons anymore. Thanks for the prayers

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I was just wondering why I've been getting these dreams. I don't know what it means

Upvote 0

celestialpearl

Baby Anglican
Oct 3, 2017
Kentucky
✟14,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering why I've been getting these dreams. I don't know what it means

I would be wondering (and have wondered) as well. It brings up a bigger question, are they really demons in your dreams? are all dreams meaningful or spiritual? We know God has a history of speaking in dreams... I don't know.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would be wondering (and have wondered) as well. It brings up a bigger question, are they really demons in your dreams? are all dreams meaningful or spiritual? We know God has a history of speaking in dreams... I don't know.

Thanks for your honesty. I wish I knew

Upvote 0

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i used to pray for God to speak to me in dreams. There was one time where I'm really sure he did. There were a couple of other times where I thought maybe he had but now I'm not so sure. I gave up on praying for that because I felt like he wasn't answering and because I figure at this point that everything that is important is already written in the Bible and I live in a country where reading the Bible is easy to do and legal. But I've been starting to grow concerned because I feel like I've been getting multiple dreams of demons trying to talk to me and I don't know what the hell it means. The dreams typically consist of the demons trying to get me to commit sins like suicide or sleeping around or worshiping demons instead of God. I don't know why I keep getting these dreams. In the most recent one I was aware of generic darkness and fear. I felt chills and then I heard this voice telling me to give up on the faith and just marry for money and have kids even though I have a condition that I don't want to pass on to anyone else. It was telling me to give up on my studies. My response in the dream was like "wow if I keep getting demons trying to tempt me then God must have plans for me." And then it responded saying "not in this life." At some point it said "your God is dead." I then responded saying "he died and rose again and is alive sitting at the right hand of God! I saw him! (I was referencing in the dream about the dream where I thought God spoke to me.)" then there was just silence. After that I commanded in Jesus name to know it's name and to get out. I tried listening for its name and it said something that I didn't recognize in a kind of hissing sound. Then I woke up. It just bothers me because I don't know why these demons keep coming to me in dreams. One time one of the demons implied that they were my God. And/or stronger than my God because they come to me in dreams instead of God.

It's not exactly God, although God is allowing it. It is testing/tempting situations. To see how you will react to their comments.

Either way they're just playing with you. There's nothing they can actually do to harm you since you belong to Jesus, so they're messing with you.

Are you lucid when you have these dreams? In other words you know your dreaming. I'm thinking of the character telling you he's stronger than God bc he comes to you in dreams. Ridiculous statement, but he knows and probably you do that you're dreaming.

I've trained my subconscious that if I'm scared ask first if I'm dreaming. So typically I will become lucid in nightmares.

After that there's different options. When scared I'll say "Jesus help me." I always wake up from the nightmare instantly. The funny thing is after that a character tried putting spiders in my mouth so I couldn't say this aloud. Lol they're tricky bullies. I just thought it..... same thing. Works the same way but easier saying it aloud. So I would definitely suggest doing that. It's my go to when really scared.

If your lucid you can also teleport to another dream. Think of a place you want to go and imagine you're there. So you leave the characters behind. That's a good one too.

Less ideal but works. You can control the weather around you. So... you can create storms and tornadoes etc. You can create plagues and ocean waves or stories from the bible. You will freak them out that way bc they don't expect you to know your power. I've only done this when he was actually hurting me though. Physically attacking and oddly I felt pain even knowing I was dreaming. It was the only way to get him to stop. I got away from him, raised my hand, and said, "rise up Lord!" And a storm started. I raised my other hand and I could hear ocean waves behind me. He was finally afraid and left me alone.

Remember God lives within you and listens to you. He will come to you in your dreams eventually. He always talks to you. When he does enter your dreams you will know it's him. You will recognize him. He will come to you when you least expect it. That's how it works for me anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not exactly God, although God is allowing it. It is testing/tempting situations. To see how you will react to their comments.

Either way they're just playing with you. There's nothing they can actually do to harm you since you belong to Jesus, so they're messing with you.

Are you lucid when you have these dreams? In other words you know your dreaming. I'm thinking of the character telling you he's stronger than God bc he comes to you in dreams. Ridiculous statement, but he knows and probably you do that you're dreaming.

I've trained my subconscious that if I'm scared ask first if I'm dreaming. So typically I will become lucid in nightmares.

After that there's different options. When scared I'll say "Jesus help me." I always wake up from the nightmare instantly. The funny thing is after that a character tried putting spiders in my mouth so I couldn't say this aloud. Lol they're tricky bullies. I just thought it..... same thing. Works the same way but easier saying it aloud. So I would definitely suggest doing that. It's my go to when really scared.

If your lucid you can also teleport to another dream. Think of a place you want to go and imagine you're there. So you leave the characters behind. That's a good one too.

Less ideal but works. You can control the weather around you. So... you can create storms and tornadoes etc. You can create plagues and ocean waves or stories from the bible. You will freak them out that way bc they don't expect you to know your power. I've only done this when he was actually hurting me though. Physically attacking and oddly I felt pain even knowing I was dreaming. It was the only way to get him to stop. I got away from him, raised my hand, and said, "rise up Lord!" And a storm started. I raised my other hand and I could hear ocean waves behind me. He was finally afraid and left me alone.

Remember God lives within you and listens to you. He will come to you in your dreams eventually. He always talks to you. When he does enter your dreams you will know it's him. You will recognize him. He will come to you when you least expect it. That's how it works for me anyway.

I'm sometimes aware I'm dreaming but I'm not lucid. I'm not able to control my dreams. There was several months of time where every night I dreamed that I was being eaten alive by dinosaurs. It actually hurt and I'd wake up in a cold sweat. The most I could do was try to stay still so that the dinosaurs couldn't find me or wake up, but waking up became increasingly more difficult because of sleep deprivation as the dreams were constant. Eventually they went away though. I feel like even if God came to me at a dream at this point I wouldn't really believe it anymore unless it was like the one time he talked to me during sleep paralysis.

To be honest I know if I'm in Heaven then the demons can't do anything, but I'm fearful about having to endure any kind of suffering in this life. I'm fearful that I won't be accepted into Heaven. I know cowards don't go to Heaven and I'm scared of even driving a car. I know that the demons can't do anything unless. God allows it as seen in the book of Job, but I'm afraid that if I was under any really pressure to for being Christian I might lose my faith. Like if I just had to die I wouldn't care but suffering is too hard. I'm already miserable as it is and I live in a first world country. I don't know what I'm even trying to say. Thanks for listening

Upvote 0

Cassidy Bennett

Child of God
Jul 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
✟17,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sometimes aware I'm dreaming but I'm not lucid. I'm not able to control my dreams. There was several months of time where every night I dreamed that I was being eaten alive by dinosaurs. It actually hurt and I'd wake up in a cold sweat. The most I could do was try to stay still so that the dinosaurs couldn't find me or wake up, but waking up became increasingly more difficult because of sleep deprivation as the dreams were constant. Eventually they went away though. I feel like even if God came to me at a dream at this point I wouldn't really believe it anymore unless it was like the one time he talked to me during sleep paralysis.

To be honest I know if I'm in Heaven then the demons can't do anything, but I'm fearful about having to endure any kind of suffering in this life. I'm fearful that I won't be accepted into Heaven. I know cowards don't go to Heaven and I'm scared of even driving a car. I know that the demons can't do anything unless. God allows it as seen in the book of Job, but I'm afraid that if I was under any really pressure to for being Christian I might lose my faith. Like if I just had to die I wouldn't care but suffering is too hard. I'm already miserable as it is and I live in a first world country. I don't know what I'm even trying to say. Thanks for listening

I understand what you are saying.

If you know you're dreaming, you're able to control them. It's about believing and "feeling" it. You have to practice it if you want it. I took me maybe 5 times to fly. I would float up and fall down with my doubt. I hated it. But it's how you learn.

I've never had a dream about dinosaurs and always wanted to..... definitely not that type of dream though. That's a scary one.

I've had God talk to me during sleep paralysis a couple of times to where I could actually hear him too. It's more intense in a dream but you have that peace feeling too. I enjoyed both. In a dream it's hard to explain but there's no questioning it. It's steady and you feel emotions that you've never experienced here before. It doesn't behave like a typical dream. I wish I could go back a lot.... eventually I will.

I had the opportunity to go to heaven in it but I didn't. Long story. But anyway on earth there are people to help and things that you can't do in heaven. Of course suffering sucks...lol. I mean no one enjoys it so if that makes you a coward that's every person. But people do for reasons we rarely understand or sometimes we make our own suffering. God doesn't just allow it for no reason though. I've found to take the suffering as it comes, but not worry about everything that can go wrong since 99% of what I've worried about never happened. Plus I know when I call on God he'll come to me. But I hate suffering too and even yelled at God in anger a few times from it. It's normal and God forgives it before even asking.

Having faith is about trusting God. Above all this is number one. God always has your greatest good in mind. So even when it looks like everything is falling apart, it's just an illusion. He's behind the scenes controlling it for you. So it's easy to be grateful when you understand this in your heart and what it really means - both now, in the past, in the future. But people in general are ungrateful, so we have to practice gratitude. Fear is a reason for being ungrateful. Fear is normal here, but not with God. At least that was not my experience. God is steady, unconditional love. You can ask questions or even tell him no and he won't get mad. His emotions are not up and down like ours. I use to always think he was mad/disappointed in me. He will also get you to change your mind since he's persistent. He gets what He wants. He always looks out for you.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand what you are saying.

If you know you're dreaming, you're able to control them. It's about believing and "feeling" it. You have to practice it if you want it. I took me maybe 5 times to fly. I would float up and fall down with my doubt. I hated it. But it's how you learn.

I've never had a dream about dinosaurs and always wanted to..... definitely not that type of dream though. That's a scary one.

I've had God talk to me during sleep paralysis a couple of times to where I could actually hear him too. It's more intense in a dream but you have that peace feeling too. I enjoyed both. In a dream it's hard to explain but there's no questioning it. It's steady and you feel emotions that you've never experienced here before. It doesn't behave like a typical dream. I wish I could go back a lot.... eventually I will.

I had the opportunity to go to heaven in it but I didn't. Long story. But anyway on earth there are people to help and things that you can't do in heaven. Of course suffering sucks...lol. I mean no one enjoys it so if that makes you a coward that's every person. But people do for reasons we rarely understand or sometimes we make our own suffering. God doesn't just allow it for no reason though. I've found to take the suffering as it comes, but not worry about everything that can go wrong since 99% of what I've worried about never happened. Plus I know when I call on God he'll come to me. But I hate suffering too and even yelled at God in anger a few times from it. It's normal and God forgives it before even asking.

Having faith is about trusting God. Above all this is number one. God always has your greatest good in mind. So even when it looks like everything is falling apart, it's just an illusion. He's behind the scenes controlling it for you. So it's easy to be grateful when you understand this in your heart and what it really means - both now, in the past, in the future. But people in general are ungrateful, so we have to practice gratitude. Fear is a reason for being ungrateful. Fear is normal here, but not with God. At least that was not my experience. God is steady, unconditional love. You can ask questions or even tell him no and he won't get mad. His emotions are not up and down like ours. I use to always think he was mad/disappointed in me. He will also get you to change your mind since he's persistent. He gets what He wants. He always looks out for you.

My brother tells me that too that faith is trusting God.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The regular reading - even memory filling - of the Scriptures means that when one's mind is running during a dream there is a sure basis for strength and even comfort if one can remember the Scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not sure what you mean in the first part of your post, do you mean that you haven't been reading the Bible? Or that you have been reading and not received an answer to your prayer?

Besides that, in the Bible there is a parable about the unjust Judge and a woman that is very persistent with her plea:
Luke 18:1-8

Keep asking God about Him speaking to you. These demons seem like a test for you from God. God is in control, there's nothing He doesn't see. He's our Creator after all. Don't let these demons speak lies to you, even Jesus fought Satan with the Word in the wilderness when He was tempted by him.

When you know you're on the right path is when these things happen. Demons want us to fall right along with them into the pit. The same happened with me when God answered my prayer, I was tested. I kept hearing things at night, like underneath my bed being torn by something big. This actually didn't deter me at all because I've had dealt with them a lot invading my dreams and something that happened when I was a teen. Very scary things, but I know how they attack and try to scare me away from God. There just came a point where I just don't let them scare me anymore because God is the one to be feared. He's the One that can destroy both body and soul. Demons can't do that. They don't have that kind of power. They also have to submit to Him because even though they hate Him, they still recognize He is above all.

Anyway, when I heard the material being torn underneath me, I was actually quite annoyed. I asked God for that nonsense to cease and to please allow me to rest. I went straight to God when trouble struck. Doesn't matter what kind of trouble it is, go to Him. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure what you mean in the first part of your post, do you mean that you haven't been reading the Bible? Or that you have been reading and not received an answer to your prayer?

Besides that, in the Bible there is a parable about the unjust Judge and a woman that is very persistent with her plea:
Luke 18:1-8

Keep asking God about Him speaking to you. These demons seem like a test for you from God. God is in control, there's nothing He doesn't see. He's our Creator after all. Don't let these demons speak lies to you, even Jesus fought Satan with the Word in the wilderness when He was tempted by him.

When you know you're on the right path is when these things happen. Demons want us to fall right along with them into the pit. The same happened with me when God answered my prayer, I was tested. I kept hearing things at night, like underneath my bed being torn by something big. This actually didn't deter me at all because I've had dealt with them a lot invading my dreams and something that happened when I was a teen. Very scary things, but I know how they attack and try to scare me away from God. There just came a point where I just don't let them scare me anymore because God is the one to be feared. He's the One that can destroy both body and soul. Demons can't do that. They don't have that kind of power. They also have to submit to Him because even though they hate Him, they still recognize He is above all.

Anyway, when I heard the material being torn underneath me, I was actually quite annoyed. I asked God for that nonsense to cease and to please allow me to rest. I went straight to God when trouble struck. Doesn't matter what kind of trouble it is, go to Him. :yellowheart:

Sometimes I feel like asking God to talk to me repeatedly is like asking for a sign, and then Jesus said that only a wicked and adulterous nation asks for a sign. I feel like I've been pestering God constantly for material things like making sure my family didn't end up homeless during a financially hard time and for God to help me get a good paying job. You're probably right that I should keep pestering him to talk to me. Idk I guess it's just that I spent a large part of my life thinking that i could see the future in my dreams with Gods help only to realize I was just deluding myself and that that never happened. I admit that it's been a long time since I really spent time reading the Bible. It's hard because all I see when I read it are how I'm guilty of every type of sin even if it's just my thoughts and I just cry. I pray about once a day though.

That's scary about the stuff under your bed. I'm glad that that isn't a problem for you anymore. I want to think that these demons are appearing because I'm on the right track, but even just last night I was doubting if God is real. Like I believe that life is so complex and intricate that the existence of life is a miracle. Plus I've heard of a lot of near death experiences so I'm almost completely sure that there is an afterlife. I think my cowardice is causing me to sometimes have thoughts against God. Idk.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I feel like asking God to talk to me repeatedly is like asking for a sign, and then Jesus said that only a wicked and adulterous nation asks for a sign. I feel like I've been pestering God constantly for material things like making sure my family didn't end up homeless during a financially hard time and for God to help me get a good paying job. You're probably right that I should keep pestering him to talk to me. Idk I guess it's just that I spent a large part of my life thinking that i could see the future in my dreams with Gods help only to realize I was just deluding myself and that that never happened. I admit that it's been a long time since I really spent time reading the Bible. It's hard because all I see when I read it are how I'm guilty of every type of sin even if it's just my thoughts and I just cry. I pray about once a day though.

That's scary about the stuff under your bed. I'm glad that that isn't a problem for you anymore. I want to think that these demons are appearing because I'm on the right track, but even just last night I was doubting if God is real. Like I believe that life is so complex and intricate that the existence of life is a miracle. Plus I've heard of a lot of near death experiences so I'm almost completely sure that there is an afterlife. I think my cowardice is causing me to sometimes have thoughts against God. Idk.

Ahh, then it could be that God is calling you back to Him, since you said that it's been a while reading His Word. Don't get upset or disappointed in yourself, instead, get back on the horse and let God take the reigns this time.

There was a time I tried to do everything on my own strength, like not sinning ever - only to realize that I have by accident. I was so overwhelmed, like you, that I just couldn't follow God. I came to a point in my life where I just quit, but I couldn't deny His existance. I quit on Him, but He never quit on me. Don't try to rely so much on yourself, rely on His strength instead - He's the only one to make us strong!

There was also a time in my life where I had listened way too much on the opinions of others. I had quite enough of the clashing of opinions concerning God and His Word, so I read the Bible with God. I wanted to seek Him on my own without the influences around me - except for the Holy Spirit, our Teacher and Guide. Trust me, if you want answers, God is always the One to go to first! :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics