✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I bow down to no man.
I never said you should. But you are supposed to give “respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed”.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I never said you should. But you are supposed to give “respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed”.
The Bible does not order us to respect anyone. Did you respect Adolf Hitler? I respect those who obey the commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not order us to respect anyone. Did you respect Adolf Hitler? I respect those who obey the commandments.
Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed. - Romans 13:7

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible distinctly says to treat other people the way you want to be treated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Contrary to Christian values? We've all sinned, but this man seems to be out to make life better for everyone.

Try telling that to the young children separated from their parents, even the ones who attempted to cross legally in our country on account of seeking asylum. Leviticus 19:34, Exodus 22:21. Tell that to the many folks who've been ripped off, the victims of fraud of Trump. Tell that to the thousands who are being cruelly oppressed, starved, tortured in NK & are worse off with Trump having kissed the butt of the tyrant & saluted their military. He failed to say a word about human rights & literally shrugged it off. Tell that to the folks who've gotten death threats after Trump bullied them on Twitter. Sure, we've all sinned, but few folks have sinned in such a way that brings on so much suffering to others.

On top of that, I haven't seen you bleating out the "but we've all sinned" line when you want to pillory Democrats.

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I respect those who obey the Lord's commandments.

Yet you respect Trump even though he repeatedly, fragrantly disobeys the Lord's commandments, without any sign of remorse. Defending that weakly as "well, but we've all sinned."

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My hope is that Donald didn't do something truly illegal. My fear is that they'll try to destroy him whether he did or didn't.
I don't recall any serious, substantive accuisation og Trump doing something illegal. Of course, 'they', will try to destroy him no matter what, he's a politition, deal with it. I know why Giuliani want the investigation to end, there is no way Trump will be impeached, even if he shoots someone on 56th st. Get a Dem House and the articles could be handed down, but as with Clinton it dies in the Senate.

Bear in mind, all Clinton did was lie about an affair. If I know Trump he will probably show up with 8 by 10s. He will be fine, if he dont lie and too many of his closest associates are looking vunerable.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to read them all. Just read one.
You do know, I hope, that there is more to being recognized as a transgender individual by the public schools than just saying "I want to be a girl."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have to chuckle a little about my Democrat friends. Someone will accuse Donald Trump of having committed a sin years ago, and the Democrats will seem to be so angry, when in fact, my Bible tells me we’ve ALL sinned. Instead of being angry, maybe the Democrats should ask, “Why do people gossip so much?”
My Democrat friends don't talk about Trump's past sins because he's a sinner but rather because self righteous Republicans spent years condemning Obama and Clinton for winning but embrace Trump even though he makes both look like choir boys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.