Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My immediate thought when I read the OP was that I don't think it's a good idea. Not because I don't think that we should be highlighting the relevant problems, but because I don't think it would actually accomplish that goal, and would ultimately be little more than a political stunt.

Democrats need to do more than offer political stunts and offer ideologues--but actually demonstrate competency in governing. Leave the showmanship to others, there are more than enough of us little people who can be petty, make jokes, and vent our outrage against the dumpster fire that is the current presidential administration. I would like our elected officials to find ways to rise above that, lead by example, and offer something substantial to give us a small measure of hope that American democracy hasn't died yet.

If they want to highlight the problem of sexual assault, instead of offering what may only end up becoming a political stunt that will end up becoming little more than a writhing mass of news channel talking heads and twitter warriors; fight the fight as our elected officials in Washington by doing their job with competency, responsibility, and dignity on behalf of the American people.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. They need more than just stunts. There was a guy on NPR this morning who said if you put 100 different Democrats in the room they'd have 100 different versions of what the party is. Of course it's not much better with Republicans since they're divided on liking Trump or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I were a Republican lawmaker I would bring a baby as a guest with a sign on it that said "Abortion Doctor Had the Day Off"
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WASHINGTON — Some Democratic House members are planning to invite victims of sexual assault to President Donald Trump's State of the Union address this month to highlight the issue, according to an aide to a lawmaker who has been a prominent voice on sexual misconduct.

"Some members will be bringing survivors of sexual assault and advocates as their guests," said an aide to Rep. Lois Frankel of Florida, who is a leader of the Democratic Women's Working Group in the House. The aide asked not to be identified.

Two Democratic congresswomen told NBC News Thursday that there had been discussion about bringing women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct to the nationally televised address but that the idea was scuttled.

"That was killed," one of the congresswomen said, declining to say who put the kibosh on it.

Read the rest @ Democrats to invite sex misconduct victims to Trump's State of the Union
Trump could bring the 33 children Hillary's friend tried to steal from Haiti.
The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

Upvote 0