Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
WASHINGTON — Some Democratic House members are planning to invite victims of sexual assault to President Donald Trump's State of the Union address this month to highlight the issue, according to an aide to a lawmaker who has been a prominent voice on sexual misconduct.

"Some members will be bringing survivors of sexual assault and advocates as their guests," said an aide to Rep. Lois Frankel of Florida, who is a leader of the Democratic Women's Working Group in the House. The aide asked not to be identified.

Two Democratic congresswomen told NBC News Thursday that there had been discussion about bringing women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct to the nationally televised address but that the idea was scuttled.

"That was killed," one of the congresswomen said, declining to say who put the kibosh on it.

Read the rest @ Democrats to invite sex misconduct victims to Trump's State of the Union

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...I'm wondering if I should start on pool on him mentioning the size of his Inauguration crowd?

We'd need a drinking game. Grape juice of course.

I wonder how may times he says the word "collusion".

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No, it's the left's job to keep that word in the limelight.

I can't blame the dems on this one though. It's a page right out of Trump's own playbook when he brought the women Bill raped to the debate.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-10-at-5.13.11-PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I can't blame the dems on this one though. It's a page right out of Trump's own playbook when he brought the women Bill raped to the debate.

They struck down the idea of bringing his personal accusers, they are bringing women who were not involved with Trump.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
it's funny that the left has moved on from both clinton's and especially bill a long time ago but the right is enamored of them both so bring them up as often as possible. like they can't even handle the fact that trump bragged about walking in on teenage girls changing on it's own merits they need to divert to the clintons.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I were a Republican lawmaker I would bring a baby as a guest with a sign on it that said "Abortion Doctor Had the Day Off"
To bad many of Republicans get abortions. So you point means nothing .

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm willing to make a friendly wager it is not as many times as he says the word "Hillary".

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I were a Republican lawmaker I would bring a baby as a guest with a sign on it that said "Abortion Doctor Had the Day Off"
And hold up another sign showing how the lack of funding for sex education in many red states increases the number of teen pregnancies, and thus the number of abortions.

But that would mean accepting responsibility for their actions, so not likely to happen.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. Apparently it was OK to elect a man POTUS who bragged about sexually assaulting woman, because other men have sexually assaulted women.

And that crazy logic made sense to many people.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟12,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To bad many of Republicans get abortions. So you point means nothing .
You have missed my point. The State of the Union speech should not be permitted to be turned into a circus. If one party does it the other party will try to show them up by being more outrageous. It will not end and will only get uglier if it isn't stopped.

Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm willing to make a friendly wager it is not as many times as he says the word "Hillary".

Since you mentioned this I think Obama will be a good choice. Obama did x, and how he reversed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have missed my point. The State of the Union speech should not be permitted to be turned into a circus. If one party does it the other party will try to show them up by being more outrageous. It will not end and will only get uglier if it isn't stopped.
But bring a baby to the State of Union speech , to show it's wrong to abort isn't trying to cause problem.Babies are a night mare. I doubt you will convince any one not to abort. Probably the opposite.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Blame Reagan.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟12,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But bring a baby to the State of Union speech , to show it's wrong to abort isn't trying to cause problem.Babies are a night mare. I doubt you will convince any one not to abort. Probably the opposite.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't actually mean that they should do that. What I meant was that if one party turns the speech into a circus the other party will turn it into an even bigger circus. I was just using that as an example of how the snowball effect can turn ugly.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The same should be said of our election processes...yet, that ship has already sailed.

Republicans inviting Bill's alleged victims to debates...
Wild conspiracy theories flying in both directions...
People voting without knowing the first thing about the issues, just merely walking into the booth and voting against the person they were told to hate...

If we're in the era of the low-information voter (and we are), then one would expect us to have a low-information State of the Union address.

Let's face it here...our civility in the political realm jumped the ship back when Bush 2 was in office and a handful of democrats decided that we should accuse him of a 9/11 conspiracy...and the republican rebuttal to that was for 40% of their voter base to ignorantly buy into conspiracies about Obama's birthplace and religious affiliation.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't actually mean that they should do that. What I meant was that if one party turns the speech into a circus the other party will turn it into an even bigger circus. I was just using that as an example of how the snowball effect can turn ugly.
As long as Trump is there. It will be a big circus. Bring sexual assault victims or nor. Maybe all Trumps accusers should go. But it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0