✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
circa? when do you say this took place?
At least until the 1960's.....and even later......re: Joe Biden racial comments as a for instance.......
As for the rest of it if you want to discuss American political history you might want to really learn about it first instead of just regurgitating the left's 'history' lessons......

• Optimistic
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stop arguing with strangers on the internet, for one. It only causes separation as you are more concerned about winning arguments than winning your fellow man.

I couldn't agree less.
This comment clearly misses the forest for the trees.

The goal of Arguing with strangers on the internet on a public forum is not to change the beliefs of the argument opponent, but to provide a stark difference of arguments for the myriad lurkers who do not "participate" in the argument to ponder as they search for the truth themselves.

Arguing with strangers on the internet does far more to "win your fellow man" to the truth than you appear to appreciate or understand.

But then, here you are, arguing with strangers on the internet... :scratch:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least until the 1960's.....and even later......re: Joe Biden racial comments as a for instance.......
What about them? How are they a "for Instance"?
How do the President's comments "attempt to manipulate the south into mimicking the feudalism of Europe......or the caste system of India....."

Spell it out for us.

As for the rest of it if you want to discuss American political history you might want to really learn about it first instead of just regurgitating the left's 'history' lessons......

I can't help but note the absence of any cogent rebuttal or alternate narrative offered to the Historical timeline or Actors and implications I laid out...

Nor have you provided any evidence of your claims of "democrat fueled feudalism...."

Why are you personally anti-democracy?

Maybe we should start with that.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is changing the number of justices that has remained the same for 150 years

And Slavery was the norm here from 1619 - 1862 - over 240 years.

"We've always done it that way" is an argument I never find compelling for continuing to do something a certain way.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What about them? How are they a "for Instance"?
How do the President's comments "attempt to manipulate the south into mimicking the feudalism of Europe......or the caste system of India....."

Spell it out for us.
As I said, learn about American political history and then we can talk.....I am not your instructor....

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

"We've always done it that way" is an argument I never find compelling for continuing to do something a certain way.
And is this an argument for all three branches of the Federal government being controlled by One Party? Or rather, that One Party grabbing control of the last branch they don't control? For destroying the system of checks and balances?

I think if you look down the road a bit, we are going to have a battle between state rights and federal control. I'm guessing a major reason the Left wants control of the Supreme Court is so that the big federal government wins all those legal battles.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually it was 1865.....the 13th amendment.....and most certainly was not the norm except in the South.....which was controlled by Democrats......Slavery was outlawed in the North decades prior to 1865......now if you wanted to specify Colonial America I wouldn't dispute that.......

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I said, learn about American political history and then we can talk.....I am not your instructor....

You can take your ball and go off huffing and puffing I suppose, but when the self proclaimed superior student is incapable of demonstrating to the rest of the class how I'm wrong, the class will quickly find your claims of superior knowledge as suspect as I do.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
but when the self proclaimed superior student is incapable of demonstrating to the rest of the class how I'm wrong, the class will quickly find your claims of superior knowledge as suspect as I do.
Where did I make any such claim?.......I am always learning.....as should you.....

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually it was 1865.....the 13th amendment.....and most certainly was not the norm except in the South.....which was controlled by Democrats......Slavery was outlawed in the North decades prior to 1865......now if you wanted to specify Colonial America I wouldn't dispute that.......

Fair enough, 1865 and Colonial America... I have no argument with amending my statement as such... my premise remains intact. Possibly even strengthened.

"We've done it that way for over 100 years" is NEVER a reasonable argument to keep doing something a certain way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did I make any such claim?.......I am always learning.....as should you.....

How does the fact that you refuse to debate American Political history with me until I "learn political history" NOT imply you fancy yourself the superior student to me?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How does the fact that you refuse to debate American Political history with me until I "learn political history" NOT imply you fancy yourself the superior student to me?
Because I don't have the patience (any more) to instruct those who are not willing to learn on their own......or to constantly correct the erroneous views and misconceptions to minds that are already made up and therefore closed. Sorry, just not willing to spend the time and energy......

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Considering the last time something something like this happened the Democrats approved a Republican appointed Justice, no we can't.
For those of us who suffer from memory loss, could you elaborate on that, when, who, and for what court?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
For those of us who suffer from memory loss, could you elaborate on that, when, who, and for what court?
Justice Kennedy in 1988. He was nominated less then a year before the election, and confirmed by every single Democrat, who controlled the both houses for the 100th Congress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums