Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The following members - all DEMOCRATS - left the 2nd half of the Benghazi hearings refusing to listen to the testimonies of the parents of two of the dead (Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.):

DEMOCRATS
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)
Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)
Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)
Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)
Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

Source: Spitting on Their Graves: Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims - Katie Pavlich

Defend...

G

GorDOHn

The following members - all DEMOCRATS - left the 2nd half of the Benghazi hearings refusing to listen to the testimonies of the parents of two of the dead (Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.):

DEMOCRATS
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)

Source: Spitting on Their Graves: Democrats Leave Benghazi Hearing Before Testimony From Families of Victims - Katie Pavlich

Defend...
That's some serious, serious scum...

I hope Democrats will do the right thing here.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can understand that the family members' testimonies won't hold any sway in this case, as their testimonies are not eyewitness. With that said, it seems incredibly rude to just walk out and not at least hear them out.

Upvote 0

Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like the bias in the article coupled with the lack of information has led to somebody believing it is a manufactured outrage. I did not post the tag but at this point, I agree.
Whatever bias may exist in the article is irrelevant and you are welcome to ignore it.

What remains is the fact that these Democrats refused to listen to the testimony of the parents of two of the dead Americans. Indeed, they made it a public point of refusal.

Personally, I don't need to manufacture my outrage at that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Whatever bias may exist in the article is irrelevant and you are welcome to ignore it.

What remains is the fact that these Democrats refused to listen to the testimony of the parents of two of the dead Americans. Indeed, they made it a public point of refusal.

Personally, I don't need to manufacture my outrage at that.

Sounds like a political witch hunt. What information pertinent to the Benghazi case do the parents have to offer?

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Benghazi has been done already. Perhaps there are other more important issues facing Congress and the American people now that the GOP failed in their first attempt to indict Mrs. Clinton. Issues like a threatened government shutdown and the loss of SNAP benefits to our countries poorest citizens for instance. Face it, y'all know this latest round of hearings is nothing more than a witch hunt to attack Clinton because she is the major threat for your quest of the White House.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

DEMOCRATS
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)

Defend...
Defend what exactly?

We don't know anything about the meeting or what the purpose of the "testimony" was. We don't know why it was scheduled or if it conflicted with previous appointments.

The article makes it seem as it the Democrats got up en masse and deliberately turned their backs on the family members - I doubt that is what happened. I seriously doubt any metaphorical grave spitting occurred.

Defend the demagoguery of that "article"....

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Benghazi has been done already.
The questions about Benghazi haven't begun to get answered.
Perhaps there are other more important issues facing Congress and the American people now ...
There are always important issues facing the US. Every year the budget must be dealt with for example.

Only occasionally though do issues of such importance as Benghazi, the IRS scandal and NSA overreach present themselves to be dealt with.
... that the GOP failed in their first attempt to indict Mrs. Clinton.
Run her as your next candidate then.
I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton - YouTube
Issues like a threatened government shutdown ...
LOL ... one can easily imagine benefits to a government shutdown. ;)

The drawbacks are relatively few ... and there are many lessons to be learned.
... and the loss of SNAP benefits to our countries poorest citizens for instance. Face it, y'all know this latest round of hearings is nothing more than a witch hunt to attack Clinton because she is the major threat for your quest of the White House.
I recommend you send donations to her then, Ben. :thumbsup:
SHOCK! Hillary Clinton argues - What difference, at this point, does it make about how it happened? - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ssup

Sep 3, 2013
✟294.00
Faith
Atheist

DEMOCRATS
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)
Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)
Rep. Peter Welch (VT)

Defend...
Witch hunts get boring.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The questions about Benghazi haven't begun to get answered.
(I will deal with this ONE line that you wrote that actually addressed what I said on this topic.)

Why not? What questions are there and what insight could the relatives possibly have given in getting any answers to these questions? Why didn't the first go-round of hearings get the answers that are felt needed?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
(I will deal with this ONE line that you wrote that actually addressed what I said on this topic.)
Good plan. It is nearly always advisable to focus. :thumbsup:
Why not? What questions are there and what insight could the relatives possibly have given in getting any answers to these questions?
My perception is that the relatives were pleading for answers.

It is an astounding affront to the citizenry that relatives of those who died in service to their country are ignored by high-ranking public servants, which public servants apparently envision themselves above answering to the very people they are sworn to serve.
Why didn't the first go-round of hearings get the answers that are felt needed?
It is an astounding affront to the citizenry that relatives of those who died in service to their country are ignored by high-ranking public servants, which public servants apparently envision themselves above answering to the very people they are sworn to serve.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Benghazi has been done already.
Funny, isn't it? Within days of a chemical weapons attack in Syria, Obama seemed to have all the nswers necessary to threaten Assad with a military strike. Yet one year later after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi, he doesn't have enough information to act

Perhaps there are other more important issues facing Congress and the American people now that the GOP failed in their first attempt to indict Mrs. Clinton. Issues like a threatened government shutdown and the loss of SNAP benefits to our countries poorest citizens for instance. Face it, y'all know this latest round of hearings is nothing more than a witch hunt to attack Clinton because she is the major threat for your quest of the White House.
Or perhaps Congress can address more than one issue at the same time :wave:

Upvote 0