Democrats push for impeachment is actually a campaign for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure where the Dems are going with this. They certainly know that they haven't the votes in the Senate. Is this campaigning for 2020 (trying to tell voters how bad Trump is)?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/heres-what-it-would-take-to-impeach-president-trump.html

Jim Cramer on why he thinks Dems efforts will fail.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/jim-cramer-on-impeachment-proceedings-we-have-seen-this-movie-before.html
I don’t think they believe they can beat Trump at the ballot box so are going on a fishing expedition.

Upvote 0

roman2819

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not sure where the Dems are going with this. They certainly know that they haven't the votes in the Senate. Is this campaigning for 2020 (trying to tell voters how bad Trump is)?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/heres-what-it-would-take-to-impeach-president-trump.html

Jim Cramer on why he thinks Dems efforts will fail.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/jim-cramer-on-impeachment-proceedings-we-have-seen-this-movie-before.html

While trying to use this to beat Trump, they also make Biden look iffy, might hurt Biden's campaign more.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think they believe they can beat Trump at the ballot box so are going on a fishing expedition.

HI RLH,

They must have some higher power with them in their fishing. It seems that their nets are breaking from the the weight of all the fish.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Democrats beat Trump at the ballot box in 2016 but they really had no choice. I mean, what kind of idiot goes through an investigation which showed illegal election interference by a foreign government only to try to get another foreign government to interfere in the next election???

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

roman2819

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump sounds confident, dismissing impeachment inquiry as "witch hunt garbage".

A few days ago, Ukraine FM had said there was no pressure from Trump.

We will know soon, after WH release transcript. I believe probably nothing.

Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mukk,

I agree that the effort to impeach won't get enough support in the Senate to pass, but...

It will give daylight to a lot of what's going on and may, therefore, cause some to stop and say, "Uhhh, maybe I shouldn't give this guy another 4 years." Now, I fully understand that a lot of his supporters will just dig in their heels and that's also to be expected. However, votes are votes and while 90% of President Trump's supporters may stick with him, it only takes 10% to turn and possibly change the outcome of the next election. I think that's what the Democrats are looking for.

They want to show what they believe to be the truth concerning President Trump and his activities in hopes of turning away 10-15% of his supporters. Did you read the article about VP Pence in Michigan on an island where cars are pretty much illegal? Certainly an eight car motorcade was likely more than was necessary and VP Pence should have been sensitive to that issue. In that article there were a few comments from people who had voted the Trump/Pence ticket that claimed they wouldn't do so again. So, if these efforts by the Democrats can cause 10-15% of Trump's supporters to question their allegiance, then they will have succeeded in their efforts.

Right now, it looks like Trump won't be able to carry Michigan as he did in the previous election. Yes, it's by a slim margin, but all it takes is that slim margin to send the electoral votes the other way. The Democrats and Independents understand how the process works. Since the last election they even understand it better. The last election was close, as far as the popular vote, and 10-15% could make for a completely different outcome next election. We'll see.

As far as whether or not President Trump will be impeached is going to depend on what the evidence shows. I think it's telling that the Senate voted unanimously for the WH to release the whistleblower report. There may be a few Republicans who are really beginning to question the effectiveness of this administration. It will only take 20 Republicans out of 53 to approve impeaching the President. We already know that there are at least 3 or 4 that have questioned the President's activities already. Some may even be seeing that these political shenanigans could cause lasting damage to the Republic itself. As a matter of fact, Sen. Graham even prophesied that electing Donald Trump would destroy the Republican party, although it seems clear that he wouldn't still say so. What's it going to be like when people campaigning for national office ask foreign governments to aid them in winning? Will we begin to see some quid pro quo where a candidate offers certain promises to foreign nations for help in winning an election?

These are issues that may come up in the future of our Republic, if such activities are deemed to be allowable.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Informative
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Democrats beat Trump at the ballot box in 2016 but they really had no choice.
He won.
I mean, what kind of idiot goes through an investigation which showed illegal election interference by a foreign government only to try to get another foreign government to interfere in the next election???
Yes the Trump dossier obtained by the DNC and HRC campaigns was illegal election interference. What Trump is being accused of now? Joe Biden actually admitted to doing. Wonder when those Biden hearings will begin.

• Winner
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI RLH,

They must have some higher power with them in their fishing. It seems that their nets are breaking from the the weight of all the fish.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
The net is empty. Name one statute the Congress has cited in their impeachment defense? None. That is why they are having a 'probe' or 'inquiry' to once again hunt for something.

• Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's right. If the Ukraine felt they were being pressured, and the fact the foreign aid has not been withheld gives the House nothing to go with. I'm sure they might go with "well Trump was thinking it."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It will give daylight to a lot of what's going on and may, therefore, cause some to stop and say, "Uhhh, maybe I shouldn't give this guy another 4 years."
So the motivation is political by this statement. Let's just impeach Trump to show the American people how much we hate him.

impeachment.jpg

• Agree
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The net is empty. Name one statute the Congress has cited in their impeachment defense? None. That is why they are having a 'probe' or 'inquiry' to once again hunt for something.

I don't think most people know what this inquiry means to be honest. People are getting the impression is pretty much a done deal - impeachment at this point.

I'm going to wait until the transcript is released, and then decide for myself. Then I will limit my consumption of what the media will report after that. I remember what happened with the Mueller report. Not anything close to what the reporting claimed was there - or what would happen.

• Useful
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think most people know what this inquiry means to be honest. People are getting the impression is pretty much a done deal - impeachment at this point.

I'm going to wait until the transcript is released, and then decide for myself. Then I will limit my consumption of what the media will report after that. I remember what happened with the Mueller report. Not anything close to what the reporting claimed was there - or what would happen.
Right and the populace at large should be inquiring on why there is an inquiry. The House Democrats keep saying Trump broke the law. Then, as in the Clinton impeachment trial, they should be able to cite the statutes which were violated. The House Republicans did not take a floor vote on advancing impeachment of Clinton until they had the actual evidence of Bill Clinton's perjury.

Bill Clinton gave sworn testimony which a court of law and physical evidence proved was false. Yes physical evidence, not opinion. They had the blue dress with his DNA all over it. No one had to give an opinion, litigate because there was hard physical evidence.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to wait until the transcript is released, and then decide for myself.
Precisely. We will have that opportunity because Trump has once again waved executive privilege to give The People the very same exhibit the Congress gets. This really upends their chances of spinning a controlled access document.

• Agree
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The transcript will probably add nothing since it probably isn't even a transcript, but rather notes. The Ukraine FM didn't exactly say no pressure from Trump. He said "he doesn't think Trump pressed". That's besides the point. Trump asked and that's illegal. If he asked more than once that's pressing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not at the ballot.
Yes the Trump dossier obtained by the DNC and HRC campaigns was illegal election interference.
Not according to the law.

What Trump is being accused of now? Joe Biden actually admitted to doing. Wonder when those Biden hearings will begin.
That is incorrect. The Ukraine president said there was no evidence that Biden did anything illegal. If the US wants to run a proper investigation into the matter then there are legal matters which should be addressed.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right and the populace at large should be inquiring on why there is an inquiry. The House Democrats keep saying Trump broke the law. Then, as in the Clinton impeachment trial, they should be able to cite the statutes which were violated. The House Republicans did not take a floor vote on advancing impeachment of Clinton until they had the actual evidence of Bill Clinton's perjury.

Bill Clinton gave sworn testimony which a court of law and physical evidence proved was false. Yes physical evidence, not opinion. They had the blue dress with his DNA all over it. No one had to give an opinion, litigate because there was hard physical evidence.
D8-jw8WW4AErKk7.png

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not at the ballot.
"The ballot" for Presidential elections is the electoral college. He won.

Not according to the law.
The Trump dossier was funded by Hillary Clinton's campaign, involved a foreign spy and information obtained by Russian officials. Once again seems someone else did something Trump was accused of doing. The Mueller report concluded no collusion.

That is incorrect. The Ukraine president said there was no evidence that Biden did anything illegal.
Does not matter what he thinks. Biden admitted a quid pro quo.
If the US wants to run a proper investigation into the matter then there are legal matters which should be addressed.
Exactly and will be up for the DoJ to investigate and the DoJ did inquire of the matter according to the Trump transcript. And you are correct, one must prove that Biden's actions actually moved the Ukrainian government to do what he wanted them to do....oh wait they did when they fired the lead prosecutor.

Ukraine call transcript shows Trump sought Biden probe, asked about DNC server – but made no mention of US aid

• Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status