Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe he wants us to crash and burn us, so he can make false promises again,therefore; incorporate legislation on social health care and Government banking. Along with that said, have you guys heard of treaty's and if Obama makes treaty's on social issues with the U.N. or world. We can't extract them and they would hold us to them even in presidential change, therefore; he could change inevitable our world views forever and world policy's and politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XTE

Jun 27, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟3,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Ever heard of spending money to make money? It what businesses do, they are called investments. It's what people do when they buy bulk insurance at a discount. Prepaid legal for instance. That's the simple explanation.

Secondly, Obama did the country a favor and included everything that the goverment will be spending money on in the budget. Bush never had a budget that showed deficit spending because he didn't include a lot of things, including the war, in the budget's bottom line. The exact figure was left open as if it were ZERO. It wasn't.

This budget also includes almost 700 Billion for future healthcare for the whole nation, not just those that can find jobs that actually include healthcare at a premium price.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The problem is that consumer spending down. This causes companies to be forced to lay people off leading to further reductions in consumer spending. And so on. The federal government is an always has been the largest consumer in the country. If it spends more money then those companies can keep employees or hire new employees who spend money at companies that can then keep employees or hire new employees.

The other aspect is that consumer spending is down because people are worried about losing their jobs and then their homes. If the Federal government steps in to help people stay in their homes then people are more like to spend money. The first day of the first economics class I ever took the professor told us something that stuck with me, "If you learn nothing else in this class learn this. Economies are driven by people's expectations of the future.". The government has the power to change people's expectations of the future in either direction.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem is that consumer spending down. This causes companies to be forced to lay people off leading to further reductions in consumer spending. And so on. The federal government is an always has been the largest consumer in the country. If it spends more money then those companies can keep employees or hire new employees who spend money at companies that can then keep employees or hire new employees.

The other aspect is that consumer spending is down because people are worried about losing their jobs and then their homes. If the Federal government steps in to help people stay in their homes then people are more like to spend money. The first day of the first economics class I ever took the professor told us something that stuck with me, "If you learn nothing else in this class learn this. Economies are driven by people's expectations of the future.". The government has the power to change people's expectations of the future in either direction.
Well my expectation is to survive on unemployment until April and my wife is jobless with out unemployment with no employment responses. And my mortgage is in intent to foreclose. I am empty and have surrendered; God help us all:confused: Mean while Capitol Hill is going to save me, Ya Right!

Upvote 0
K

kat69

Thanks! I like the quote in bold. ;)

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How spending all of this $$$ (that we don't have) will help stimulate our economy. Isn't that exactly why we are in this mess; people spending $$$ they don't have. The stock market is falling yet again today; and Obama doesn't seem to care - or does he???

I hope this isn't a case of conservatives complaining about spending money we don't have...when a Democrat does it...

...yet...not complaining when a Republican does it.

:wave:

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hope this isn't a case of conservatives complaining about spending money we don't have...when a Democrat does it...

...yet...not complaining when a Republican does it.

:wave:
The only thing said by me is. I have never received a program the democrats have incorporated into my taxes:confused: Programs always just out of reach? No matter the issue not by dollars,but chump change. Like grants in business, school intuition and housing, whatever the case maybe! And the democrats like to spend it on thousands of programs I never receive. On immigrant that never have contributed nothing, but receive welfare and medical etc. They spend 2 dollars to the one received as well. Maybe I should become a democrat on capitol hill :scratch: Like issues Nancy Polsky wants for S.F. To spent 30Mil on a mouse. While I am out of work? I don't care about that stupid mouse or Iraq if I am out of work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ragarth

Nov 27, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟1,704.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
The only thing said by me is. I have never received a program the democrats have incorporated into my taxes:confused: Programs always just out of reach? No matter the issue not by dollars,but chump change. Like grants in business, school intuition and housing, whatever the case maybe! And the democrats like to spend it on thousands of programs I never receive. On immigrant that never have contributed nothing, but receive welfare and medical etc. They spend 2 dollars to the one received as well. Maybe I should become a democrat on capitol hill :scratch:

Pell Grant

Upvote 0

platzapS

Expanding Mind
Nov 12, 2002
Sunshine State
Visit site
✟5,263.00
Faith
Humanist
The only thing said by me is. I have never received a program the democrats have incorporated into my taxes:confused: Programs always just out of reach? No matter the issue not by dollars,but chump change. Like grants in business, school intuition and housing, whatever the case maybe! And the democrats like to spend it on thousands of programs I never receive. On immigrant that never have contributed nothing, but receive welfare and medical etc. They spend 2 dollars to the one received as well. Maybe I should become a democrat on capitol hill :scratch: Like issues Nancy Polsky wants for S.F. To spent 30Mil on a mouse. While I am out of work? I don't care about that stupid mouse or Iraq if I am out of work.
The mouse story is made up or hugely exaggerated. The stimulus plan did extend unemployment benefits though. : )

Upvote 0

rainbojo

and yet
Aug 19, 2008
✟15,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ever heard of spending money to make money? It what businesses do, they are called investments. It's what people do when they buy bulk insurance at a discount. Prepaid legal for instance. That's the simple explanation.

Secondly, Obama did the country a favor and included everything that the goverment will be spending money on in the budget. Bush never had a budget that showed deficit spending because he didn't include a lot of things, including the war, in the budget's bottom line. The exact figure was left open as if it were ZERO. It wasn't.

This budget also includes almost 700 Billion for future healthcare for the whole nation, not just those that can find jobs that actually include healthcare at a premium price.

So when do you foresee this trillon dollar investment paying off??? All the $$$ 'invested' for AIG, Citi Bank, the car companies ??? do you believe that has helped them ???

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How spending all of this $$$ (that we don't have) will help stimulate our economy. Isn't that exactly why we are in this mess; people spending $$$ they don't have. The stock market is falling yet again today; and Obama doesn't seem to care - or does he???

Its all pork and power. Political payoffs and wanting to be in control of health care, charities and the economy so anyone who wants to do anything must go through them.

Its not a stimulus plan at all.

Duke did a survey of CFOs. Two thirds said the so-called "stimulus" will have no or a negative effect on business. Over 80% think the Barack Obama Health Care Plan will hurt their companies.

The study is grim and there is little doubt correct. Take a look:

http://www.cfosurvey.org/

Its chilling. We're in for some very bad time.

But is anyone really surprised? Those with an ideology similiar to that of Alinsky, Pelosi and Obama have gained power in other countries. The results have always been the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ragarth

Nov 27, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟1,704.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Programs always just out of reach? No matter the issue not by dollars,but chump change.;)

Without the Pell Grant, college would be totally and completely out of reach for me, not by dollars or chump change, but by kilodollars. You may be in a position where you don't qualify for many of the 'democrat's programs' but for those of us who do qualify, they mark the difference between hell and earth.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
to add to that (If I understand) there is a MASSIVE amount of capital that is needed just to keep the banking system afloat (though, from what I've heard, the money going into banks seems to be "black hole" funds that virtually just disappear).
Nationalization is the only thing that will save American banks and I hope people accept that. It need not be a permanent solution but it would be a prudent one to consider.
Don't boogey man the idea with "slippery slope" outlooks.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Personally, I'd like to see the Republicans (or at least the Bush supporters) answer this one. Bush tried doing the same thing on a couple of different occasions in his Presidency (remember the Bush stimulus in 2003?). Just because Obama's is larger doesn't change the fact that just a few months ago, not to mention in previous years, Republicans were praising the idea of stimulus packages.

Upvote 0