• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Democrats against Biden?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by driewerf, Sep 24, 2020.

1. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+611
    Atheist
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,506
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  3. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,038
    Anglican
    Married
    Yes, there is something of a counterpart to the Lincoln Project which is called Democrat Voters Against Joe Biden.

However, the situation with Democrats is somewhat different from that facing Republicans. The Republicans have the President; they either like him or they don't. But Democrats had a choice of almost anyone (about 20 different declared candidates for the presidential nomination last spring, wasn't it?).

In the end, the various factions agreed on Biden although it looks like very few really would have made him their first choice. Biden represents "He'll do," that's all. Every faction could live with that choice even if they'd preferred someone else.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • List
  4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There could be but I haven't heard of any and they haven't posted anything on YouTube that I know of.

5. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,842
    Christian
    Married
    well...I wouldn't get too excited about them:
    Why the GOP's group of anti-Biden 'Democrats' matters
    tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. DavidPT

DavidPT Well-Known Member

+1,166
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Of course there are Democrats against Biden. But they need him for now, so that if he is elected, they can make Harris President instead. How might they do that? One theory is that, because he is obviously suffering from some form of dementia, they will declare him unfit for office at some point, and have him removed that way. Even Republicans might go along with it. IMO, even Harris can't stand Biden. But in the meantime she pretends to like him, because she is already aware of the plan to make her President if Biden wins. Keep in mind, just a theory. But not my theory. I didn't initially come up with this. Yet I can see this actually maybe being more than a theory, as in something they are really planning on doing if Biden were to get elected.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,038
    Anglican
    Married
    Here's something else to say. The anti-Biden Democrats are just like the Lincoln Project and the other groups of supposed anti-Trump Republicans.

I agree that both of them are suspect when it comes to what they profess to be, but that's it--two groups with names and questionable followings. If the reader wants to see them both as phony, then okay.

If the reader sees them both as viable groups opposed to the nominee of their respective parties, okay also.

But they are the parallel to each other, and that's about the only way to answer the question that was asked.

8. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+1,558
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Just curious, the anti-trump Republicans are anti-trump because they see him as unfit to hold the office of the Presidency and think he is a clear and present danger to the country and the Republican party.

Do the anti-Biden Democrats think that about Biden, or is it that they just wish it was a different Democrat that had gotten the nomination?

• List
  9. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    This article explains a lot. This group was started by Republicans and is backed by another Republican group that supports Trump and has had donations from the Kochs.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/democ...s-trump-fanatics-a-psychic-but-no-actual-dems

The Republican Voters Against Trump was started by Republicans for Republicans just like the Lincoln Project. RVAT was started by Defending Democracy Together - Republicans for the Rule of Law.

Many of the posters on RVAT talk about how the Republican party has changed, it's no longer the party they joined. They fully intend to support a true Republican in 2024.

• List
  10. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+16,545
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    President Harris is fine with me, too. I got no complaint as long as we have someone not named Trump or Clinton.

11. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,540
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    My children and others are Bernie fans, but considering Biden's alternative (shudder) they will vote like their lives depend on it.
    As some have said, "voting for Trump OR voting for America?" And horrifying as it is to imagine, that is our choice.