Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just curious. There is the Lincoln Project of Republicans that oppose Trump. There is the Republican Voters Against Trump Channel...Are there Democrats against Biden? Never Bideners?
Yes, there is something of a counterpart to the Lincoln Project which is called Democrat Voters Against Joe Biden.

However, the situation with Democrats is somewhat different from that facing Republicans. The Republicans have the President; they either like him or they don't. But Democrats had a choice of almost anyone (about 20 different declared candidates for the presidential nomination last spring, wasn't it?).

In the end, the various factions agreed on Biden although it looks like very few really would have made him their first choice. Biden represents "He'll do," that's all. Every faction could live with that choice even if they'd preferred someone else.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there is something of a counterpart to the Lincoln Project which is called Democrat Voters Against Joe Biden.
(snip)
well...I wouldn't get too excited about them:
Why the GOP's group of anti-Biden 'Democrats' matters
And its against this backdrop that a new entity has taken shape over the summer called, "Democrat Voters Against Joe Biden." Right off the bat, the name gives away the game: actual Democrats know the name of their party -- they are Democratic voters, not Democrat voters -- and only Republicans use the deliberately wrong grammar.
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just curious. There is the Lincoln Project of Republicans that oppose Trump. There is the Republican Voters Against Trump Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RepublicanVotersAgainstTrump/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYCxV51bykhMY-wSUozQRg

Are there Democrats against Biden? Never Bideners?

Of course there are Democrats against Biden. But they need him for now, so that if he is elected, they can make Harris President instead. How might they do that? One theory is that, because he is obviously suffering from some form of dementia, they will declare him unfit for office at some point, and have him removed that way. Even Republicans might go along with it. IMO, even Harris can't stand Biden. But in the meantime she pretends to like him, because she is already aware of the plan to make her President if Biden wins. Keep in mind, just a theory. But not my theory. I didn't initially come up with this. Yet I can see this actually maybe being more than a theory, as in something they are really planning on doing if Biden were to get elected.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
well...I wouldn't get too excited about them:
Why the GOP's group of anti-Biden 'Democrats' matters

tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
Here's something else to say. The anti-Biden Democrats are just like the Lincoln Project and the other groups of supposed anti-Trump Republicans.

I agree that both of them are suspect when it comes to what they profess to be, but that's it--two groups with names and questionable followings. If the reader wants to see them both as phony, then okay.

If the reader sees them both as viable groups opposed to the nominee of their respective parties, okay also.

But they are the parallel to each other, and that's about the only way to answer the question that was asked.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just curious, the anti-trump Republicans are anti-trump because they see him as unfit to hold the office of the Presidency and think he is a clear and present danger to the country and the Republican party.

Do the anti-Biden Democrats think that about Biden, or is it that they just wish it was a different Democrat that had gotten the nomination?

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just curious, the anti-trump Republicans are anti-trump because they see him as unfit to hold the office of the Presidency and think he is a clear and present danger to the country and the Republican party.

Do the anti-Biden Democrats think that about Biden, or is it that they just wish it was a different Democrat that had gotten the nomination?
This article explains a lot. This group was started by Republicans and is backed by another Republican group that supports Trump and has had donations from the Kochs.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/democ...s-trump-fanatics-a-psychic-but-no-actual-dems

The Republican Voters Against Trump was started by Republicans for Republicans just like the Lincoln Project. RVAT was started by Defending Democracy Together - Republicans for the Rule of Law.

Many of the posters on RVAT talk about how the Republican party has changed, it's no longer the party they joined. They fully intend to support a true Republican in 2024.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course there are Democrats against Biden. But they need him for now, so that if he is elected, they can make Harris President instead. How might they do that? One theory is that, because he is obviously suffering from some form of dementia, they will declare him unfit for office at some point, and have him removed that way. Even Republicans might go along with it. IMO, even Harris can't stand Biden. But in the meantime she pretends to like him, because she is already aware of the plan to make her President if Biden wins. Keep in mind, just a theory. But not my theory. I didn't initially come up with this. Yet I can see this actually maybe being more than a theory, as in something they are really planning on doing if Biden were to get elected.
President Harris is fine with me, too. I got no complaint as long as we have someone not named Trump or Clinton.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My children and others are Bernie fans, but considering Biden's alternative (shudder) they will vote like their lives depend on it.
As some have said, "voting for Trump OR voting for America?" And horrifying as it is to imagine, that is our choice.

Upvote 0