Democratic overreach.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nor does it understand the words "right to privacy".

It's refreshing to hear Conservatives embrace that concept... Usually, the fact that it doesn't exist in the Constitution sets their teeth on edge...

...and the fact that it was the cornerstone of SCOTUS cases including Griswold v. Connecticut, Lawrence v. Texas, and especially Roe v. Wade, has them gnashing those same teeth.

But this isn't the Census; you're not required to answer. When they knock on your door, you're well within your right to simply close it again.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean, their right to turn themselves into walking petri dishes and virus incubators? Do you mean their right to be the breeding ground for new variations, until a variation develops against which the vaccines are ineffective? Do you mean the right to endanger people who can't be vaccinated? Do you mean, the right to lengthen the duration of the pandemic, and slow down the economic recovery?
Did you mean these rights?

Pretty much -- if idiocy was ever outlawed, who would avoid Death Row?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And that is most likely what they will get - but that still doesn't address the point.

Which is what, besides "PANIC!"?

I mean, really... It's not like they're demanding your voting history or something....

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nor does it understand the words "right to privacy".

What I don't understand is how door-to-door outreach, or even vaccination, violates privacy of any kind, including HIPAA.

I've seen no evidence that such a program would go only to those identified as unvaccinated. In part, this is because I see no evidence that anyone has a master list of vaccinated persons to begin with.

I assume that they can identify neighborhoods with low vaccination rates from demographic information (like vaccination totals by zip code, or something like that) and use that general information to select areas that would benefit most from a door-to-door campaign, but that is not a privacy violation.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,595.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gotta call you on that tidbit. Beyond hope, what proof do you have this is even remotely correct?

it is like me saying, there are young adults dying from the vaccine (has happened), so by 2022 there will be so few young adults, the Democrats will loose half their voter base.

Both statements are fantasy at best.

You are free to disbelieve poll data.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I don't understand is how door-to-door outreach, or even vaccination, violates privacy of any kind, including HIPAA.

I've seen no evidence that such a program would go only to those identified as unvaccinated. In part, this is because I see no evidence that anyone has a master list of vaccinated persons to begin with.

I assume that they can identify neighborhoods with low vaccination rates from demographic information (like vaccination totals by zip code, or something like that) and use that general information to select areas that would benefit most from a door-to-door campaign, but that is not a privacy violation.

You have the right to privacy concerning whether you have had a medical treatment or not. - if that is followed, how would they know who is and is not vaccinated?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have the right to privacy concerning whether you have had a medical treatment or not. - if that is followed, how would they know who is and is not vaccinated?

I don't understand how having someone knock on my door and ask "would you like to be vaccinated" or "would you like some info about COVID vaccines" would violate my medical privacy. All I have to answer is "no".

(Plus even if you answer "I'm already vaccinated." it is *you* that have revealed the info and you can't violate your own privacy rights.)

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Third and final attempt:

I wrote:

This was not to be taken seriously. It was sarcasm mixed with a little bit of humor. It is a sarcastic reply to something I find absurd - illustrating the absurd with absurdity.
There's nothing absurd about what is being done nor about what you wrote your reaction would be. If it was a joke then that's one thing but it is not easily identifiable as a joke because it is NOT absurd to think someone would react that way, to "mess with" someone by trying to do a sales pitch on them. How is that a joke? What's absurd about that?

Here you are taking something that is absurd and trying to place a literal definition or meaning behind it.
Again, what did I take that was "absurd"? And what meaning am I trying to place behind it? I simply asked you a question about your earlier claim that if someone comes to your door to talk about vaccines you would "mess with" them and give them a sales pitch on an auto warranty.

How on earth can I answer an absurd question based on absurdity. Is it Christian to make absurd comments? Is it a sin to used absurdity to demonstrate the absurd? What on earth does any of this have to do with the Government wanting to go door to door looking for unvaccinated people to convince to get a vaccine?
What it has to do with the government going door to door to talk about vaccines is that you stated your response to someone coming to your door would be to "mess with" that person and sell them a warranty. I'm trying to understand, why would you do that?

Is this purposed attempt at derailing the thread the Christian thing to do?
It's absurd to accuse someone of trying to derail a thread when that hasn't happened at all. It comes off as an attempt to deflect and dodge.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm offering an observation and opinion:

Joe has been pushing for months that he wants 70% of the population vaccinated -

Joe wants to send people door to door, like canvassers to spread his message to get 70% of the population.
What is wrong with any of that?

1. I think it makes common sense that they would ask if the people who answer the door are vaccinated.
2. I think it makes common sense that the ones who say yes they will note and move on.
3. I think it makes sense that the ones who say no - they with do their dales pitch, leave info and note the information.
How do any of those thinks "make common sense"??? What is the basis for those things making sense at all? If anything, those things do NOT make ANY sense, let alone common sense. If it's illegal to solicit and collect private medical information why does it make sense for Biden to initiate something that's illegal?

Can you cite a precedence for Biden doing something illegal? I know there isn't any such precedence.

Whether or not I am vaccinated is my PRIVATE medical information. Asking would be where I "came up" with the issue of asking private medical information.
Yeah but you made up the part about asking. They never said they are going to ask and it doesn't make sense for them to ask, if it's illegal. So you're outraged at something that is of your own creation and not proven, not even by the video that you yourself provided as proof.

How else could they measure their productivity.
Watch the vaccination numbers after the initiative has teken place for a noticeable increase. Conduct polls asking people if they found the initiative helpful to them.

How else can they report what they have done.
By measuring improvement, as described above.

When Political parties canvas neighbor hoods - what do they do with the information?
What does that have to do with this? This is an initiative to inform the public about vaccines, not to canvass for votes.

There is a huge gap between the reality of this and what you are thinking, and it's evident by the things you assert to be true which, when compared to the proof (including your own) turn out to be completely untrue. And then you come back with "it makes common sense", in other words you provide us with your speculation which is what "makes common sense" to you but not to me (and I would say most, if not all, others).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,252.00
Faith
Christian
What people going door to door to question others about their life choices might look like...

missionaries.jpg

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm offering an observation and opinion:

Joe has been pushing for months that he wants 70% of the population vaccinated -

Joe wants to send people door to door, like canvassers to spread his message to get 70% of the population.

1. I think it makes common sense that they would ask if the people who answer the door are vaccinated.

Asking someone a question they are not required to answer nor required to answer truthfully doesn't violate privacy.

Whether or not I am vaccinated is my PRIVATE medical information. Asking would be where I "came up" with the issue of asking private medical information.

They are allowed to ask for it in the same way you are allowed to decline to give it.

You also didn't actually read the HIPPA summary you posted:

(3) Uses and Disclosures with Opportunity to Agree or Object. Informal permission may be obtained by asking the individual outright, or by circumstances that clearly give the individual the opportunity to agree, acquiesce, or object.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,637.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

They wouldn't know -- they would have numbers and percentages, but no names.

So... they could focus on areas where the vaccination rate is low, and simply go door-to-door. Their first question would be, "are you vaccinated?"

Anyone chooses not to answer, or answers "yes," and the researcher simply moves on to the next house.

Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,595.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
COVID-19 LIVE UPDATES: Missouri 7-day positivity rate climbs to 11%, highest since Jan. 15 (kmbc.com)

BTW, is the right wing press even both covering the increase in COVID cases, especially in Missouri where hospitals are setting records, and and begging for health care professionals from throughout the country?
They have bought lots of ventilators.

I ask because I just don't know. What I do know is that many will get very sick in low vaccination states in which the variant becomes the dominant strain whose transfer rat is at least 10 times the rate of the 2020 strain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Tuesday called efforts by the Biden White House to vaccinate more Americans against Covid-19 a "political tool" and likened the administration's on-the-ground push to a Nazi paramilitary wing, the Sturmabteilung, often referred to as "brownshirts."

"People have a choice, they don’t need your medical brown shirts showing up at their door ordering vaccinations," Greene wrote in response to a video of President Joe Biden describing a plan to offer vaccines door-to-door. "You can’t force people to be part of the human experiment."

Psaki dismisses MTG over Nazi comparison

Upvote 0