United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see both sides here.

In the video she says "communities". I don't think it's a huge deal in that case. However, if the deal becomes targeting specific individuals, I think that's a huge breach of privacy.

The words directly following communities is door to door outreach.

That is what I am referring to in the OP.

How is the government coming to your door to ask private personal medical information not an over reach?

What are they doing with the information they collect?

And BTW - I don't want EITHER party to do such an invasion of privacy. Everyone knows about the vaccines - it has been non stop advertising for 9 months - go into any Walmart or neighborhood Pharmacy and they are advertising it. The information is out there - let people have the freedom to choose for themselves.

BTW - I freely offer this information on myself - I am fully vaccinated. It is the only way I can travel internationally. If it were not for travel I would not get vaccinated - period.

I have family in the medical field - two RN's, a pharmacist and a Paramedic. Not one is choosing to take the vaccine. They have their very informed reasons why. It is not my place to coerce them to do so. Nor the governments.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jen Psaki: We will be going door-to-door to Americans who have not been vaccinated

The Biden regime will be coming to your home.

How would they know who is and is not vaccinated? Will they suspend HIPA laws and make private health records public?

....and collecting their completed ballots for 2022 ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is the government coming to your door to ask private personal medical information not an over reach?

I realize the concept of one's government attempting to look out for the welfare of the citizens is threatening to some folks...

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since you missed it a second time:

Humor is not against the Christian faith.

Neither is sarcasm.

Oft times when people run out of factual replies, they seem to resort to questions on the poster instead of the post. It is then that I refer to humor or sarcasm, which many times is lost on them.

Pity.

It was funny....

Now that you have located me personally - would you care to actually address the topic of the thread instead?
That's a lot of words to still not answer what I asked. I never asked about humor or sarcasm. You answered a question I didn't ask and didn't answer the one I did ask.

As for what I would do, I would do what the Bible tells me on how to treat others. I don't like to be "messed with" and given sales pitches so I would not do that to a person.

As for the topic of this thread, it's another non-issue - the OP makes a claim and then provides a video that doesn't back up that claim. It's another manufactured outrage over something that never happened.

And if what you said was "funny", then why isn't anyone laughing? I certainly didn't detect any humor or sarcasm. I see doing those things to a person as negative. Do you enjoy being "messed with" and receiving unsolicited sales pitches? Even if it's "funny" to you to do something like that to a person, if the person receiving it doesn't find it funny then it's not something kind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That would be an overreach but where did you get that they’ll be asking for any private information?

This question is based off the premise above that you have yet to show is what they’re proposing to do. Community outreach is not the same collecting private medical information.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I realize the concept of one's government attempting to look out for the welfare of the citizens is threatening to some folks...

First, the government is not my momma.
Second, the government should stay out of my private health information.
Third, the extent of the Government looking out for the welfare of its citizens has already been demonstrated and accomplished through "Operation Warp Speed" and Mr. Bidens enhancing the distribution of the vaccine from 900,000 doses a day to current levels. Good Job for both Presidents.

I realize the concept of keeping the government out of our private lives is a foreign concept to some, but it is none of their business.

Remember - keep the government out of my womb?
Remember - keep the government out of my bedroom?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

This part from the OP is true based on the video.

This part about asking private medical information is not true; it is nowhere in the video that you provided.

Again, this is your own speculation - nowhere in the video you provided does it say they are collecting information.

And BTW - I don't want EITHER party to do such an invasion of privacy. Everyone knows about the vaccines - it has been non stop advertising for 9 months - go into any Walmart or neighborhood Pharmacy and they are advertising it. The information is out there - let people have the freedom to choose for themselves.

BTW - I freely offer this information on myself - I am fully vaccinated. It is the only way I can travel internationally. If it were not for travel I would not get vaccinated - period.

I have family in the medical field - two RN's, a pharmacist and a Paramedic. Not one is choosing to take the vaccine. They have their very informed reasons why. It is not my place to coerce them to do so. Nor the governments.
And here you are expressing outrage against something that has never happened. And you are doing so on the basis of your own speculation and not on the basis of what is actually in the video that you yourself provided.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a lot of words to still not answer what I asked. I never asked about humor or sarcasm. You answered a question I didn't ask and didn't answer the one I did ask.

As for what I would do, I would do what the Bible tells me on how to treat others. I don't like to be "messed with" and given sales pitches so I would not do that to a person.

Third and final attempt:

I wrote:

I sincerely hope they come by my home. It will be so much fun messing with them.

maybe I can sell them an advanced warranty for their car.
This was not to be taken seriously. It was sarcasm mixed with a little bit of humor. It is a sarcastic reply to something I find absurd - illustrating the absurd with absurdity.

Oh, is that what you consider to be the Christian thing to do?
Here you are taking something that is absurd and trying to place a literal definition or meaning behind it.

How on earth can I answer an absurd question based on absurdity. Is it Christian to make absurd comments? Is it a sin to used absurdity to demonstrate the absurd? What on earth does any of this have to do with the Government wanting to go door to door looking for unvaccinated people to convince to get a vaccine?

Is this purposed attempt at derailing the thread the Christian thing to do?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be an overreach but where did you get that they’ll be asking for any private information?

I'm offering an observation and opinion:

Joe has been pushing for months that he wants 70% of the population vaccinated -

Joe wants to send people door to door, like canvassers to spread his message to get 70% of the population.

1. I think it makes common sense that they would ask if the people who answer the door are vaccinated.
2. I think it makes common sense that the ones who say yes they will note and move on.
3. I think it makes sense that the ones who say no - they with do their dales pitch, leave info and note the information.

Whether or not I am vaccinated is my PRIVATE medical information. Asking would be where I "came up" with the issue of asking private medical information.

How else could they measure their productivity.

How else can they report what they have done.

When Political parties canvas neighbor hoods - what do they do with the information?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, the government is not my momma.
Second, the government should stay out of my private health information.
Third, the extent of the Government looking out for the welfare of its citizens has already been demonstrated and accomplished through "Operation Warp Speed" and Mr. Bidens enhancing the distribution of the vaccine from 900,000 doses a day to current levels. Good Job for both Presidents.

I realize the concept of keeping the government out of our private lives is a foreign concept to some, but it is none of their business.

Remember - keep the government out of my womb?
Remember - keep the government out of my bedroom?

And you are free not to answer the door nor answer any questions.
Other citizens, who may not be as capable as you or or me, may appreciate the additional outreach.

Attempting to spin public health outreach in a pandemic as something sinister is well.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Outreach is about providing information. Door-to-door outreach is the same thing, but at your door. Here's the sanitation department doing it:

"Hi. I'm from the city sanitation department. I'm here to see if you have any questions about our new recycling program that starts next month. I have a few brochures and can answer any questions you have."

There are many polite (and some non-) ways to quickly end the conversation.

A similar outreach program for COVID vaccinations (which is what this seems to be):

"Hi, I'm from the county health department. I'm here to see if you have any questions about the COVID vaccine or how to get it."

THe same dismissal applies. The person might even offer to make appointments, arrange transportation, etc.

Even if it were a mobile vaccination program it would be not much different:

"Hi, we're from the county health department. We're offering in home vaccinations to residents that desire it. We can answer any questions you have before proceeding. Is there anyone here interested in getting vaccinated today?"

I'm not sure what "party" has to do with it. Local public health offices are not run by political parties. They are regular (local) government employees (or contractors).

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here you are expressing outrage against something that has never happened. And you are doing so on the basis of your own speculation and not on the basis of what is actually in the video that you yourself provided.

There was no outrage in Paris over things that had never happened until the Panzers rolled down
Rue De Rivoli. Point being - People speaking out before something happens is their right and in some cases a protection. Individual rights that include not being forces to take medical injections is a basic privilege's in the US - As well as our medical information.

Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule

Read and learn

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was no outrage in Paris over things that had never happened until the Panzers rolled down
Rue De Rivoli. Point being - People speaking out before something happens is their right and in some cases a protection. Individual rights that include not being forces to take medical injections is a basic privilege's in the US - As well as our medical information.

Read and learn

Read and learn, indeed. Going door to door to provide information doesn't violate anything there.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Joe has been pushing for months that he wants 70% of the population vaccinated -

Joe wants to send people door to door, like canvassers to spread his message to get 70% of the population.

The goal specifically was 70% of adults partially or fully vaccinated.

The target date was Sunday. The reaching of this goal is expected later this week.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm offering an observation and opinion:

1. I think it makes common sense that they would ask if the people who answer the door are vaccinated.
2. I think it makes common sense that the ones who say yes they will note and move on.
3. I think it makes sense that the ones who say no - they with do their dales pitch, leave info and note the information.

Whether or not I am vaccinated is my PRIVATE medical information. Asking would be where I "came up" with the issue of asking private medical information.

How else could they measure their productivity.

How else can they report what they have done.

When Political parties canvas neighbor hoods - what do they do with the information?
Did it occur to you that you can just say “No, thank you. I’m not interested.” And close the door?

That’s always worked for me when people come to my door.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Read and learn
And there it is without fail… a comparison to the Holocaust.

I’m done with this dumb thread.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did it occur to you that you can just say “No, thank you. I’m not interested.” And close the door?

That’s always worked for me when people come to my door.

And that is most likely what they will get - but that still doesn't address the point.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The situation is simple. About half of Republicans have no intention of getting vaccinated. They insist on their right to gather the unvaccinated, get sick and die.
Do you mean, their right to turn themselves into walking petri dishes and virus incubators? Do you mean their right to be the breeding ground for new variations, until a variation develops against which the vaccines are ineffective? Do you mean the right to endanger people who can't be vaccinated? Do you mean, the right to lengthen the duration of the pandemic, and slow down the economic recovery?
Did you mean these rights?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0