Democratic hopefuls say eating less meat will help the climate.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
She doesn’t get under our skin. It’s more like we laugh.

She’s actually great for Trump.

Trump & his base have done more to give publicity to that young lady than the most expensive PR firms in the world ever could. Old folks on this forum have obsessively created threads her, and they are always a hoot. Y'all go ahead & enjoy yourselves laughing at her while the rest of us enjoying watching that spectacle. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Animal waste is fertilizer.

If they used that instead of chemicals
:scratch: Animal waste is chemicals. Water is chemicals. Air is chemicals. Ignorance, however, is not chemicals.

Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:scratch: Animal waste is chemicals. Water is chemicals. Air is chemicals. Ignorance, however, is not chemicals.
Lord, save us from the evils of dihydrogen monoxide! :prayer:

• Haha
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I was being far too optimistic with that bit of snark I see. We have already moved onto fecal contamination being shrugged off as well.

You should see what Water and Waste treatment plants put in the rivers and streams in their effluent. :idea:

Some of them are not the newest technology so the water isn't as good as it should be, and some of the chemicals from people flushing meds down the toilet are still there too. You should also see what goes in when heavy rains force them to just indiscriminately dump water in that hasn't been processed other than screening all the solids out.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should see what Water and Waste treatment plants put in the rivers and streams in their effluent. :idea:

Some of them are not the newest technology so the water isn't as good as it should be, and some of the chemicals from people flushing meds down the toilet are still there too. You should also see what goes in when heavy rains force them to just indiscriminately dump water in that hasn't been processed other than screening all the solids out.
Now start making poop jokes in reply to any concerns raised about that and your golden, no need to address the issue in anyway at all.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe the problem is people are falling for claims that have no scientific basis.

Based upon widespread reporting of studies that do not adhere to proper scientific discipline but are replete with confirmation bias.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based upon widespread reporting of studies that do not adhere to proper scientific discipline but are replete with confirmation bias.

....and, I would add, those seeking to profit from the same confirmation bias.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One of the problems is that we've been lied to so much that we don't trust the scientific community.

Yeah, they tell us that we understand the principles of electricity and communications theory to build a world-wide network connecting billions of computing devices. But don't be deceived, no one in their right might would trust the scientific community and think they could post messages using this technology that would ever be read by anyone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now start making poop jokes in reply to any concerns raised about that and your golden, no need to address the issue in anyway at all.

That seems to be the only one (daily talking point) you want to address even though there are others having the same effect :doh:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you hear about that new meatless Burger King Burger.

A bunch of salt and preservatives and stuff you can’t even pronounce

Go get em’ vegens ^_^ Keep it healthy

Yuk! Better to go natural.
I wonder who's making money off this newfangled stuff and passing it off as a "healthier alternative".

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
We only have 10 years.

Party on! AOC bartend again. Get me a brandy and coke with a lime. Stat girl.

If by "we" you mean Trump supporters & Trump himself that may actually be correct. Unfortunately there are Boomers who hold the same wildly ignorant views Trump does about exercise & lie to themselves about their weight problems as he does instead of taking sensible care to be able to maintain better health. It's a similar concept with taking care of the planet. No, Earth isn't going to "die" like the way all humans will but the damage inflicted on it due to ignorance, laziness, indifference is tangible.

Thankfully in all regards I'm not a part of that "we" and neither is AOC. Maybe try putting down that brandy & Coke with a lime & picking up an actual book on environmental science. Trying learning about facts. AOC never said we only have 10 yrs. She talked about how ppl of my generation, people of her generation, the ones who are going to live on Earth for a lot longer than the Boomers, have come to her concerned. A quote of hers where she was referencing those concerns of young people who've actually bothered to do things like, you know, read reports from the world's leading climate scientists, have expressed to her then got butchered from context. Which lead to the sort of people who do their "research" on sites with as much credibility as a fortune cookie mocking what she said & dishonestly misrepresenting it.

Thanks again for writing about how ashamed you are of Christians. You keep reminding me of how that's something we have in common.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If by "we" you mean Trump supporters & Trump himself that may actually be correct. Unfortunately there are Boomers who hold the same wildly ignorant views Trump does about exercise & lie to themselves about their weight problems as he does instead of taking sensible care to be able to maintain better health. It's a similar concept with taking care of the planet. No, Earth isn't going to "die" like the way all humans will but the damage inflicted on it due to ignorance, laziness, indifference is tangible.

Thankfully in all regards I'm not a part of that "we" and neither is AOC. Maybe try putting down that brandy & Coke with a lime & picking up an actual book on environmental science. Trying learning about facts. AOC never said we only have 10 yrs. She talked about how ppl of my generation, people of her generation, the ones who are going to live on Earth for a lot longer than the Boomers, have come to her concerned. A quote of hers where she was referencing those concerns of young people who've actually bothered to do things like, you know, read reports from the world's leading climate scientists, have expressed to her then got butchered from context. Which lead to the sort of people who do their "research" on sites with as much credibility as a fortune cookie mocking what she said & dishonestly misrepresenting it.

Thanks again for writing about how ashamed you are of Christians. You keep reminding me of how that's something we have in common.

The problem is that climate scientists were making the same predictions decades earlier. When I was in school in the 70s and 80's, we were being told that we might not even make it to the year 2000. That put a fear into me about what would happen when that year would come. I always thought it might be the end of the world or something. The people writing the science textbooks would try scaring the kids with statements like, "we'll be gasping for air". Well, it's 19 years beyond that and smog is a thing of the past in most places. The air is cleaner than in the late 20th century. Yet we're still given that same old 10 or 12 year deadline. It seems to be mostly aimed at those young enough to be in school, just like in the old days. Problem is, those kids eventually grow up and look back and can tell their own kids about how they were told the same things back in their own school days, and it turned out to be untrue.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The problem is that climate scientists were making the same predictions decades earlier. When I was in school in the 70s and 80's, we were being told that we might not even make it to the year 2000. That put a fear into me about what would happen when that year would come. I always thought it might be the end of the world or something. The people writing the science textbooks would try scaring the kids with statements like, "we'll be gasping for air". Well, it's 19 years beyond that and smog is a thing of the past in most places. The air is cleaner than in the late 20th century. Yet we're still given that same old 10 or 12 year deadline. It seems to be mostly aimed at those young enough to be in school, just like in the old days. Problem is, those kids eventually grow up and look back and can tell their own kids about how they were told the same things back in their own school days, and it turned out to be untrue.

In the 70s, the 80s, I'm sure that there were dire warnings made about the future of the environment if no action was taken. Which is why it's great that some actually bothered to listen & take action.

Bush Had a Lasting Impact on Climate and Air Policy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And the air is cleaner today...thanks to government regulation. If today's GOP was in power back in the 1970s, we would still have air like Mexico City.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And you think no changes have been made since the 70s to mitigate the effects of air pollution? Obviously it’s because people took the scientists seriously back then that we even have clean air today. The problem with pollution is that it’s not just a one time fix and the problem is gone. We have to continue working at it or things start to slip back to how they were, especially now that the global human population is nearly double what it was in the 70s. And the alarms are aimed at children specifically because they’re the ones who will have to live with the bad choices we adults are making today. If you wish to change the future, the older generations that nearing expiration are the last ones you need to focus on.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah, they tell us that we understand the principles of electricity and communications theory to build a world-wide network connecting billions of computing devices. But don't be deceived, no one in their right might would trust the scientific community and think they could post messages using this technology that would ever be read by anyone else.
Agree. I don't do facebook. I don't send email by my phone and neither do I bank by phone. I assume that anything I send by email or on-line is vulnerable. When I was working, some people would email me their credit card details to pay for their orders. Not a practice I'd encourage, that's for sure.

Upvote 0