United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Worked here...

Here doesn’t have a second amendment guaranteeing your right to bear arms.

Come to think of it ‘here’ doesn’t have a first amendment either.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you trade freedom for security you get neither.

Maybe we should outlaw drugs so we can stop this drug abuse epidemic.

Lets outlaw cars too, boom stopped drunk drivers.

Or lets mandate portion control with food , to stop the obesity epidemic.

Sad so many scream take away my freedom so I can "feel" safe.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a odd phenomenon, the anti gunners dont like somthing they want to ban it.

People like us say, you don't like it dont buy it.

Odd one side wishes to control, as the other wishes people to have the freedom to choose.

Yet we are the bad guys

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m curious what you all would do about it should they actually start taking people’s guns away.

Are you going to turn your guns on the police and threaten an armed response? How well do you think that will go over with our paramilitary police forces?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When you trade freedom for security you get neither.
It's funny how this is Quoted as though the rest of the developed world with varying levels of gun control and far less death by firearm, doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just Google

Knife attacks in England

Acid attacks in England

Mass rapes in Germany

Mass knife attacks in China

Terrorists driving cars into crowds in France

Terrorists getting full auto akms in sports center in France

Etc etc

Most of the nations you people point to had a falling gun violence rate BEFORE the gun ban

Some even had a sharp increase in violent crimes with firearms after the ban

There was a time in history when kids would and could, bring firearms to school for hunting after school or skeet shooting.

No school shootings then, we must look at what changed. Otherwise you will do nothing to stop the violence.
It's funny how this is Quoted as though the rest of the developed world with varying levels of gun control and far less death by firearm, doesn't exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Curious on anti gunners thoughts to this.

As a gun owner I agree with many of his arguments. So what's the plan? Do we just have to tolerate mass shootings? Too many guns in the hands of criminals? I agree that many of the solutions proposed are useless even if there was no Second Amendment. But I also think that those defending the absolute right to keep and bear arms should be proposing solutions of their own and so far I haven't seen any.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We must figure out why it happens, years passed kids brought arms to school without issue.

Therefore somthing in our society has changed , until we figure that out we are doing nothing but blindly throwing nonsense in the wind hoping it fixes things.

My suggestion would be, looking into our culture and mental health.

Plus placing more value on human life and instilling it in our children.

I honestly think Regan did a huge disservice to this nation , in shuting down mental health complexes.

After that we had mentally unstable people, out in the public and likely some who could hide their illness well enough. Had children who are now subject to what their parent/s had.

Just my thoughts would like to hear yours.

As a gun owner I agree with many of his arguments. So what's the plan? Do we just have to tolerate mass shootings? Too many guns in the hands of criminals? I agree that many of the solutions proposed are useless even if there was no Second Amendment. But I also think that those defending the absolute right to keep and bear arms should be proposing solutions of their own and so far I haven't seen any.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We must figure out why it happens, years passed kids brought arms to school without issue.

Therefore somthing in our society has changed , until we figure that out we are doing nothing but blindly throwing nonsense in the wind hoping it fixes things.

My suggestion would be, looking into our culture and mental health.

Plus placing more value on human life and instilling it in our children.

I honestly think Regan did a huge disservice to this nation , in shuting down mental health complexes.

After that we had mentally unstable people, out in the public and likely some who could hide their illness well enough. Had children who are now subject to what their parent/s had.

Just my thoughts would like to hear yours.
I am a proponent of court reform. I lived for many years in Chicagoland and was well aware that in parts of Chicago there are shootings every day, gang related mostly but with many innocent bystander victims. People complain about the police, but the police do a pretty good job of apprehending these gangsters--who are out on the streets again almost immediately. It is not unusual for the police to arrest someone for a gun crime and then arrest him again for another gun crime a few days later; I believe that the record is three times in a week. People complain about the police, but nobody ever talks about the courts--overcrowded, prone to easy bail and plea bargains. It's as if court reform was off the table and I just don't understand why.

• Agree
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For me, the issue is not complicated.

THE OPEN QUESTION
Should there be any limit on what weapons should legal and available to citizens. Any at all? Sherman tanks? machine guns? grenade launchers.

To the degree that any weapon is illegal, there are 3 issues.

Obviously, the first is that manufacture and sale, which must be illegal.

The second is that existing weapons cannot be used off private property, and even on private property illegal weapons can be, well, illegal.

Finally, given that certain weapons cannot be manufactured, bought or used, should the government have a buyback program, or just prosecute folks when the illegal weapons are found.

To me, if there is a change in what is illegal, then there should be a buy back program.
=======
And yes, any gun laws will have many, many exceptions, obviously for the military and law enforcement, but perhaps also for gun clubs.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very true , our court system is a joke.

Personally I believe there are many in prison, for stupid reasons.

Many of them , its not that I want them to get off scott free . Rather those who pose a danger to others should not be released, whereas those who are no threat should receive house arrest or somthing of that nature.

I am a proponent of court reform. I lived for many years in Chicagoland and was well aware that in parts of Chicago there are shootings every day, gang related mostly but with many innocent bystander victims. People complain about the police, but the police do a pretty good job of apprehending these gangsters--who are out on the streets again almost immediately. It is not unusual for the police to arrest someone for a gun crime and then arrest him again for another gun crime a few days later; I believe that the record is three times in a week. People complain about the police, but nobody ever talks about the courts--overcrowded, prone to easy bail and plea bargains. It's as if court reform was off the table and I just don't understand why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Criminal justice reform is a major part of many campaigns (certainly Booker and Biden). You seem to looking for harsher penalties; that is not their position.

The First Step Act, explained

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are leading the Democratic candidates on criminal justice reform

In any case, there has been a criminal justice law passed with bipartisan support.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Criminal justice reform is a major part of many campaigns (certainly Booker and Biden). You seem to looking for harsher penalties; that is not their position.

The First Step Act, explained

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are leading the Democratic candidates on criminal justice reform

In any case, there has been a criminal justice law passed with bipartisan support.
Humbug. Not what I'm talking about at ll. The Chicago courts are dysfunctional within the context of existing law--as well as with those proposals.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

And ‘here’ no longer has a gun massacre problem....

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same is true with literally every law.

Okay, yes, that's why they are called criminals.

Criminals break laws intentionally. So, for the relevant discussion of "guns", law biding citizens would turn in their firearms (if this were to be a law). Meanwhile criminals wouldn't, thereby allowing greater increase in victims who WOULD have been able to defend themselves or others, yet had to turn in their firearms.

You can find news all the time were someone was able to save themselves or others with their firearms. These law biding citizens are still alive because they had the ability to defend themselves or others before police were even capable of arriving in time.

Here is an interesting piece if you care to read. A little old but still interesting:
Congressional Study: Murder Rate Plummets as Gun Ownership Soars | Breitbart

Upvote 0