Minnesota
✟207,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Diamond Arnold-Johnson, 32, appeared Friday afternoon in the Pulaski County jail’s online inmate roster. Little Rock Police Department spokesman Mark Edwards was not immediately able to provide the incident report covering her arrest, nor was he able to give any details about the arrest, including the time or location.

A felony conviction would bar Arnold-Johnson from running from office, per the Arkansas Code, but it was not clear what would happen if she is elected in November and then convicted of a felony.
Democratic candidate for Arkansas auditor arrested on felony warrant

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“The Democratic Party of Arkansas did not recruit her to run for Auditor of State, and we cannot bar her from running for this position.”

Sounds like one of the random people who file to run.

So what did she do????

The suspense is killing me.

To put you out of your misery:

"Police on Oct. 13 went to Arnold-Johnson’s home and tried to serve her a warrant for felony first-degree terroristic threatening,"

• Informative
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Police claim in an affidavit used to swear out a Pulaski County warrant shows a candidate for Arkansas state auditor admitted in court to posting threats toward a former county prosecutor who is now a judge-elect.

According to a Little Rock Police Department investigator’s statement on the affidavit, Democratic candidate Diamond Arnold-Johnson said on the witness stand in August of this year that she was the person who had posted threats on social media. The threats were directed toward then-prosecutor Cara Connors in 2021 and posted on Facebook pages.

“Cara Boyd Connors played with me and my family sooooooooo it’s only RIGHT I pay her BACK!!!! I better not see her anywhere in public I just may plea INSANITY”.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Diamond Arnold-Johnson, 32, appeared Friday afternoon in the Pulaski County jail’s online inmate roster. Little Rock Police Department spokesman Mark Edwards was not immediately able to provide the incident report covering her arrest, nor was he able to give any details about the arrest, including the time or location.

A felony conviction would bar Arnold-Johnson from running from office, per the Arkansas Code, but it was not clear what would happen if she is elected in November and then convicted of a felony.
So she was arrested for threatening social media posts.

Good. That sort of thing should disqualify one from running for office.

Not only that, but such posts should be censored by the host company and reported to law enforcement.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is an interesting free speech case that involves a judge, a facebook post and the stated intent to stage a protest at the judge's residence. Arnold-Johnson's husband, Arrck Johnson, is director of a non-profit, Americans Against Corruption, and has accused the judge of corruption. Whether the Facebook post constitutes an actual threat is open to interpretation. The candidate said during the trial that it was she who wrote the post.

When a Judge Is the "Victim": Unconstitutional Application of Arkansas' "Terroristic Threatening" Statute - The Arkansas Journal of Social Change and Public Service - UA Little Rock

Arick Johnson appears to have an anger management problem.
Arick Marquett Johnson of Mabelvale is on probation for threatening a state trooper's wife and ramming another car in an unrelated road-rage encounter.

Court filings show Detective Matt Hoffine obtained an arrest warrant Wednesday charging Johnson, 34, with felony terroristic threatening, based on statements about Circuit Judge Herb Wright on the Facebook page of the Arkansas Bar Association on Monday [September 2021].

Little Rock police seek man who threatened Pulaski County circuit judge on Facebook

Upvote 0