Democrat Wants to Ban Guns

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I didn't know he was a democrat, nor do I care. I would have said the same thing had he been a republican.

Regardless, if it is indeed against the law then it will be overturned. Thats how it works. In the mean time Seattle can enjoy a bit of time without guns in their parks.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't know he was a democrat, nor do I care. I would have said the same thing had he been a republican.

Regardless, if it is indeed against the law then it will be overturned. Thats how it works. In the mean time Seattle can enjoy a bit of time without guns in their parks.

Or it will encourage people to carry guns in their parks. This is asking for a massive civil rights settlement, because he's basically passing a regulation that he has no authority to pass. So, if the person is trespassed from a public place based on a regulation that the local government has no authority to make, there would probably be civil rights lawyers lining up to take the case on a contingency fee basis.

So it could end up costing the city hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You thought wrong. I do not condone lawbreaking, and I weep for the lovers of guns....

It sure seems as though you just did.

The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components.

Here's the state preemption statute

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Give me liberty or give me death. I would like to see them take my guns from me because I will not turn them in willingly. Death do us part......

Think of the money that the first person to get caught doing this could win in a civil rights lawsuit.

How do you trespass in a public park or a public building?

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Once again you are wrong.

According to state law, the only entity in the State of Washington that has the authority to regulate the possession of firearms is the State of Washington.

You condoned Nickels' regulation, a violation of state law, according to the state attorney general.

Which means you've condoned illegal activity.

So, once again, I'm right.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Think of the money that the first person to get caught doing this could win in a civil rights lawsuit.

How do you trespass in a public park or a public building?
What do you mean or your intent of trespassing on public facility with a gun? I will not provoke the Gov. Only to say that it is my constitutional right to bare arm and defend my property and family against a mob etc.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Give me liberty or give me death. I would like to see them take my guns from me because I will not turn them in willingly. Death do us part......

At least you will know your instrument of death....

Matthew 26: 52Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you mean or your intent of trespassing on public facility with a gun? I will not provoke the Gov. Only to say that it is my constitutional right to bare arm and defend my property and family against a mob etc.

The city wants to ban you from doing that.

They're public buildings, so how do you trespass?

I just hope whoever the test case is gets a massive settlement.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
At least you will know your instrument of death....

Matthew 26: 52Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
I will not provoke the Gov. Only to say that it is my constitutional right to bare arm and defend my property and family against a mob etc. Like riots of L.A. Remember? I could imagine the Gov. pulling welfare and unemployment and a riot starting in the streets.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
According to state law, the only entity in the State of Washington that has the authority to regulate the possession of firearms is the State of Washington.

You condoned Nickels' regulation, a violation of state law, according to the state attorney general.

Which means you've condoned illegal activity.

So, once again, I'm right.

You did not take into account that I never stated I condoned that he break the law, only that he succeed. Laws are complicated and there is always a loophole here and there. You have gone and judged my statement and me without all the facts. So, enough about me. I hope he succeeds by some legal loophole :wave:

Perhaps you should not be so quick on the attack?

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You did not take into account that I never stated I condoned that he break the law, only that he succeed. Laws are complicated and there is always a loophole here and there. You have gone and judged my statement and me without all the facts. So, enough about me. I hope he succeeds by some legal loophole :wave:

Perhaps you should not be so quick on the attack?

He's doing something illegal, so you hope he succeeds in breaking the law.

I don't see what's so complicated about this:

The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including [...] possession[...], transportation of firearms

The City of Seattle has no authority to make any regulation governing the possession of firearms.

Unless the City of Seattle is outside the boundaries of the State of Washington.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I will not provoke the Gov. Only to say that it is my constitutional right to bare arm and defend my property and family against a mob etc. Like riots of L.A. Remember? I could imagine the Gov. pulling welfare and unemployment and a riot starting in the streets.
And your gun is going to protect you and your family from a mob? Please.

You may take a few out and it is goodbye....

Upvote 0