Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why you chose to use Democrat instead of Mayor of Chicago.
I chose to do so because so many Democrats have been avoiding the violence and advocacy for violence from their fellow Democrats while playing up even a hint of such things from groups they oppose. Lightfoot's conduct is outrageous but you sure won't hear the major media calling for her resignation.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me of Giuliani’s “trial by combat” comment. Were you just as incensed by that comment too?
What I would like to see is equal treatment of people regardless of their race, religion, gender, or political beliefs.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What I would like to see is equal treatment of people regardless of their race, religion, gender, or political beliefs.

Sounds woke.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well since nothing came to Giuliani after he said that I think Mayor Lightfoot should maybe get the same treatment.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well since nothing came to Giuliani after he said that I think Mayor Lightfoot should maybe get the same treatment.
You have to weigh the context, if they were the same then Lightfoot should not be allowed in political office since Giulani can't practice law.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
You have to weigh the context, if they were the same then Lightfoot should not be allowed in political office since Giulani can't practice law.

Holding political office and being able to practice law are two very different things. Giuliani could run for political office, nothing is stopping him. Being disbarred has zero baring on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reminds me of Giuliani’s “trial by combat” comment. Were you just as incensed by that comment too?
I remember a presidential candidate mentioning the 2nd amendment could be useful if judicial appointments went the wrong way. Wonder what happened to that guy?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Holding political office and being able to practice law are two very different things. Giuliani could run for political office, nothing is stopping him. Being disbarred has zero baring on that.
They would accuse him of participating in an insurrection. The major media should treat both the same if they both actually committed equivalent offenses, and the same for big tech.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As would I. But when public figures, especially ones as powerful as SCOTUS, make controversial decisions, there are always calls for action from the opposing sides. That is usually legitimate political discourse and freedom of expression. I'm not seeing any threat to the Justices here.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The former mayor of New York is not an elected official. Apples to oranges.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As would I. But when public figures, especially ones as powerful as SCOTUS, make controversial decisions, there are always calls for action from the opposing sides. That is usually legitimate political discourse and freedom of expression. I'm not seeing any threat to the Justices here.
The U.S. Attorney General has refused to enforce the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The U.S. Attorney General has refused to enforce the law.
To what end would that serve? None. The people have a right to assemble. Many of the protestors at Kavanaugh's home are his neighbors.

There is a fine line at times, but SCOTUS has politicized itself. The US has a long history of allowing peaceful protests.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To what end would that serve? None. The people have a right to assemble. Many of the protestors at Kavanaugh's home are his neighbors.

There is a fine line at times, but SCOTUS has politicized itself. The US has a long history of allowing peaceful protests.
As I've pointed out, federal law has been broken. These threats against U.S. Supreme Court justices are illegal, just like it is illegal to threaten the life of the president:

“If you take away our choices, we will riot”
Protests outside Justice Roberts' and Kavanaugh's homes | wusa9.com

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
They would accuse him of participating in an insurrection. The major media should treat both the same if they both actually committed equivalent offenses, and the same for big tech.

Republicans can accuse Lightfoot of participating in an insurrection when she runs for office again. It may sway voters it may not.

You can call for her to be disbarred (I don’t think she is a lawyer so this is a toothless threat). That would be equal to what happened to Giuliani. Giuliani hasn’t been banned from public office so neither should Lightfoot.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Republicans can accuse Lightfoot of participating in an insurrection when she runs for office again. It may sway voters it may not.

You can call for her to be disbarred (I don’t think she is a lawyer so this is a toothless threat). That would be equal to what happened to Giuliani. Giuliani hasn’t been banned from public office so neither should Lightfoot.
I think this all needs to be organized once the new Congress takes session.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I've pointed out, federal law has been broken. These threats against U.S. Supreme Court justices are illegal, just like it is illegal to threaten the life of the president:

“If you take away our choices, we will riot”
Protests outside Justice Roberts' and Kavanaugh's homes | wusa9.com
There are other apparent crimes that have not been pursued by the current DOJ. There is discretion. That said, the DOJ might decide later to do something else. And these marches are very recent and peaceful.

If one is truly objective, one might argue that arresting peaceful demonstrators would further galvanize them in their cause. It also puts law enforcement and the peaceful demonstrators at risk of injury.

Discretion is sometimes the better part of valor.

Upvote 0