✟431,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Protesters in Portland and Seattle Shatter Windows and Light Fires

https://nypost.com/2021/01/20/lefti...utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/status/1352084414646288386

News from Portland is that left-wing protesters smashed up the Democrat Party facility in Portland as part of a larger night of violence last night.

Apparently, Biden being in charge isn't enough for them.
Maybe now you can see how painting the Biden D's as "far left radicals" was completely silly.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Couldn't have happened to nicer people...

Very Christian of you -- NOT! Have you ever heard of loving your neighbor and/or not judging others? Those are fundamental Christian beliefs. It's too bad that you fundamentally disagree with Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Were these anarchists also Christians?
Running away from your own words: "Couldn't have happened to nicer people". The basic meaning of which is: they deserved it.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently, Biden being in charge isn't enough for them.

They never supported Biden. I think I even predicted this here when people insisted that Biden was in bed with Antifa etc. As far as I know, the people who go as far as property destruction are anti-electoralists. They’ve given up on elections in the U.S.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Maybe now you can see how painting the Biden D's as "far left radicals" was completely silly.

The image in the New York Post article?

The "A" symbol represents anarchism, with the AK-47 being a sign showing that they're anarcho-communists.

In other words, left-wing anarchists who want to bring down the government to establish their brand of communism.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The image in the New York Post article?

The "A" symbol represents anarchism, with the AK-47 being a sign showing that they're anarcho-communists.

In other words, left-wing anarchists who want to bring down the government to establish their brand of communism.
Which should head off asking the question why a centrist Democrat being elected didn't satisfy them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
News from Portland is that left-wing protesters smashed up the Democrat Party facility in Portland as part of a larger night of violence last night.

They didn't object to it, did they??

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which should head off asking the question why a centrist Democrat being elected didn't satisfy them.

Not at all. Even if Biden were a centrist, the Marxist modus operandi has long favored allowing a weak democratic government to come to power, and then smashing it and establishing its own dictatorship.

Doing that serves several purposes. For one, it's a weak and vulnerable government, not one committed to law, order, etc. Second, it's then possible for the revolutionaries to present as an explanation for their overthrow of that weak government the myth that it was not capable of governing effectively and that the people, therefore, wanted a better one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. Even if Biden were a centrist, the Marxist modus operandi has long favored allowing a weak democratic government to come to power, and then smashing it and establishing its own dictatorship.

Doing that serves several purposes. For one, it's a weak and vulnerable government, not one committed to law, order, etc. Second, it's then possible for the revolutionaries to present as an explanation for their overthrow of that weak government the myth that it was not capable of governing effectively and that the people, therefore, wanted a better one.
I'm having trouble putting that together with the revealed truth that ANTIFA is seamlessly joined to BLM and under the direct control of the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟160,989.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to see Marxist theory being explained here in nice easy-to-read bite-size portions. I look forward to a nice long thread analysing American Communism and Anarchism. Will Trotsky get a mention?

I think all this is a diversion. The real issue in my view remains the organised and well financed extreme right.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

LOL as someone who talks regularly to a variety of marxists, I can assure you they have no one modus operandi. There are as many theories on how to proceed and what type of Marxism to aim for as there are marxists. The far leftists tend to be more accelerationists. They saw a second Trump administration as preferable since more people would then want a revolution if things got worse. They believe that when Dems are in power then the left settles down and stops fighting because we’re getting crumbs. I’ve debated that point with quite a few people in the last year.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think all this is a diversion. The real issue in my view remains the organised and well financed extreme right.

Mentioning Anarchism in connection with Antifa is supposedly a diversion. How do you figure?.
Anyway, we'd be interested to read how the "extreme right" is either "organized" or "well-financed."

That should be an informative journey into conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to see Marxist theory being explained here in nice easy-to-read bite-size portions. I look forward to a nice long thread analysing American Communism and Anarchism. Will Trotsky get a mention?

LOL! Trotsky will not get a mention. They don’t know who that is.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0