Midwest
✟261,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Hinkley never said Jodie Foster had done anything that needed to be investigated. She also didn't have a son involved who was making millions of dollars for doing basically nothing as a favor for corruption in the country where the tax dollars you keep talking about were going.

Jodie Foster inspire lad Hinkley to shoot Reagan to gain her affections. She should have been brought in to tell what she knew. Which would have been nothing, like Biden knows nothing.

You do realize that Biden doing something wrong doesn’t absolve Trump doing wrong, correct? If I break someone’s legs and claim they were going to go on a killing spree, I’m still going to be charged with breaking the man’s legs even if it is discovered he was going to go on a killing spree. Vigilante justice, though it looks cool in the superhero movies, is still illegal and can get you thrown in prison. Biden doing something wrong doesn’t give Trump authority to break the law to catch him.

I don't know you well enough to say either way.

I’ll help you out and tell you no I won’t.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jodie Foster inspire lad Hinkley to shoot Reagan to gain her affections. She should have been brought in to tell what she knew. Which would have been nothing, like Biden knows nothing.

If Trump was attempting to win Biden's affections, then you'd have a valid comparison.

You do realize that Biden doing something wrong doesn’t absolve Trump doing wrong, correct? If I break someone’s legs and claim they were going to go on a killing spree, I’m still going to be charged with breaking the man’s legs even if it is discovered he was going to go on a killing spree. Vigilante justice, though it looks cool in the superhero movies, is still illegal and can get you thrown in prison. Biden doing something wrong doesn’t give Trump authority to break the law to catch him.

You haven't been keeping up with the news on the military lately, have you? People are often taken out before they can do more harm. In the case of Trump/Biden, looking into corruption before handing over the hundreds of millions of your tax dollars that you keep talking about before giving it to those who are displaying that corruption is something you should be thanking Trump for trying to do.

I’ll help you out and tell you no I won’t.

Good.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If Trump was attempting to win Biden's affections, then you'd have a valid comparison.

Both Jodi Foster and Joe Biden mentioned in a possible crime they had nothing to do with.

You haven't been keeping up with the news on the military lately, have you? People are often taken out before they can do more harm. In the case of Trump/Biden, looking into corruption before handing over the hundreds of millions of your tax dollars that you keep talking about before giving it to those who are displaying that corruption is something you should be thanking Trump for trying to do.

Defense Department said Ukraine had made enough progress against corruption to release the money and Congress approved. Trump didn’t have the authority to decide otherwise since we are not authoritarian government. This was the abuse of power he was impeached for. Until you change how our government works Trump doesn’t get to do whatever he wants.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Both Jodi Foster and Joe Biden mentioned in a possible crime they had nothing to do with.

Then Joe Biden had nothing to do with getting a prosecutor fired, or his own son getting a multi-million dollar job, even with no background in that country or the job itself? Just coincidence?

Defense Department said Ukraine had made enough progress against corruption to release the money and Congress approved. Trump didn’t have the authority to decide otherwise since we are not authoritarian government. This was the abuse of power he was impeached for. Until you change how our government works Trump doesn’t get to do whatever he wants.

Actually, Trump isn't even impeached yet. As long as Pelosi drags her feet, the president is not officially impeached.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then Joe Biden had nothing to do with getting a prosecutor fired, or his own son getting a multi-million dollar job, even with no background in that country or the job itself? Just coincidence?
No, just a right wing talking point conjured out of thin air. Prosecutor Shokin was supposed to be investigating a period of Bursima's activities from before Biden Jr. was on the board. He was stalling with it because he was corrupt. For that and other similar matters the US, several European nations and the IMF wanted him out and Biden Sr. was selected by them to be the hatchet man. If there had been any hanky-panky about Biden Jr., firing Shokin and replacing him with an honest prosecutor would have put the boy at more risk, not less.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It was an investigation into Biden that started this whole thing.

What investigation into Biden? I don't remember any testimony about Donald ordering anything like that. His problems started when we wanted to get a foreign power to hold a press conference announcing an investigation - one which coincided with Donald's political ad campaign against Biden - but that never happened.

Weird, a few days ago it was the whistleblower that was the source of all of Donald's problems and it was vital to get him or her out in the open. Now the story's changing again. I keep wondering why it is so hard to get a straight story from the RNC side.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Weird, a few days ago it was the whistleblower that was the source of all of Donald's problems and it was vital to get him or her out in the open. Now the story's changing again. I keep wondering why it is so hard to get a straight story from the RNC side.

It's amazing that you can make a statement like that while ignoring Pelosi doing the same exact thing--unless there's a bias, of course.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are you even on about?

I suppose that's one way to ignore the hypocrisy. Just pretend you don't understand what's being said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I literally don't. What is Pelosi doing that is the same thing as Trump?

If you literally don't know, then I'd have to explain the entire 3 month impeachment hearings and the current delays to you. Not worth it.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you literally don't know, then I'd have to explain the entire 3 month impeachment hearings and the current delays to you. Not worth it.
This comes across as a cop out, and that your point falls flat on its face.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This comes across as a cop out, and that your point falls flat on its face.

Which reminds me again of post #128 (and now #130).

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you just summarize your point? How is Pelosi doing the same thing as Trump?

It might be best if you go to a thread where it's already been discussed (many times) at length.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It might be best if you go to a thread where it's already been discussed (many times) at length.
It seems like you don't have any point to make here, and that Pelosi isn't doing the same thing is Trump.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems like you don't have any point to make here, and that Pelosi isn't doing the same thing is Trump.

Is there a particular reason you butted into this discussion?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I saw what I thought was another false equivalency being drawn. So far it seems to be the case.

If that's what you want to think, I won't interfere.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If that's what you want to think, I won't interfere.
Alrighty then. I really wish people would stop with the "but X person does Y too!!1" especially when they don't.

Upvote 0