deliverance ministry

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We prefer comfort, rather than to suffer the reproaches of Christ. But little by little, we as His children, make dents into that hidden realm, you, I, every believer.
I would think, from all Scripture says, that when anyone prefers/ lives in / comfort, they remain bewitched with little or no power to live as they ought.

i.e. no adults, no children, make dents in that hidden realm, nor even in their own lives, when "comfort" is desired - like if a soldier stays in his bunk, instead of going out to stand guard, he cannot in any way even alert nor warn others to the enemy present, that is already in control of him.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would think, from all Scripture says, that when anyone prefers/ lives in / comfort, they remain bewitched with little or no power to live as they ought.

i.e. no adults, no children, make dents in that hidden realm, nor even in their own lives, when "comfort" is desired - like if a soldier stays in his bunk, instead of going out to stand guard, he cannot in any way even alert nor warn others to the enemy present, that is already in control of him.

What you have said is very true. However I do feel that God still uses His children even in their weaknesses. I know of some Christians who rarely pray, in my estimation this causes spiritual weakness. Yet they will still occasionally witness to others, or act in forgiveness, or some other thing that progresses God's kingdom. They are still making dents. Others pray more, focus on God's will, and attempt to push back the darkness, maybe they do more to advance God's kingdom. Then there are the super heroes, who suffer even the loss of their goods, and may suffer bodily torment from their opposes, they raise the dead, and see amazing sickness healed, they are bold and strong, yet even in them I see weakness, maybe they are proud, or rude, or arrogant. To the degree that we have obtained that we walk in.

But it is true, if we cling to comfort, the devil has us where he wants us. I know I am not doing as much as God would call me to, but I strive toward it, in that striving dents are made, if be them small dents.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Here's a simple , "for example", test.

Does someone know the names of more athletes (baseball, football, or other),
than of Prophets and Apostles, disciples and faithful ekklesia ?

Whoever / whatever/ someone follows, honors, and spends time watching, whoever they talk about the most, and think about the most/ learning about....
that is their 'god'.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a simple , "for example", test.

Does someone know the names of more athletes (baseball, football, or other),
than of Prophets and Apostles, disciples and faithful ekklesia ?

Whoever / whatever/ someone follows, honors, and spends time watching, whoever they talk about the most, and think about the most/ learning about....
that is their 'god'.

This is true. However I am glad that although people often have god's that they put before the LORD, the LORD is still gracious towards His creation. Not treating men and women, according to their iniquities.

I believe that the LORD gives victory to His people more as a result of His grace than thier effort. As the bible says "Does he who works miracles among you do it by works of the Law or the hearing of faith.", the answer is the hearing of faith. We hear what God says we can have in the word, we ask for it and we then have it. The problem with most of us is that we don't spend enough time in God's presence and His word, to know we can ask Him for the thing He says we can have (and also we have the devil resisting us, hindering us from activating the things we have in Christ).

The bible also says "Pray that you enter not into temptation, for the Spirit is willing but the flesh weak", as we spend time with God we grow stronger, if we separate our selves from God we weaken. But we need to be careful that we don't push the boundaries too far. Be neither overly righteous as the bible says we will destroy our selves. Neither be overly wicked, for we shall then die before our time.

Yet if we seek to please the LORD, we should not as the bible says "entangle ourselves with the affairs of this world", but serve the LORD diligently, we should spend more time with God than with our hobbies. Yet every one has their own call in God. We must be very careful not to judge people too harshly.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Why do you want to get involved in this? Start by talking to people about Jesus and the Gospel. Most of the problems with spirits are solved by getting people saved. Listen to this...it is very real that some of us are actually drawn to the evil spirits. They can make themselves appealing to even Christians. Satan is the angel of light, the most beautiful angel. Don't be so certain that you want to get involved in this.
I'm sorry, but this is just not true and you are obviously talking from a place of fear and not victory.
I have yet to find a single Christian who does not need deliverance in some area of their life.

Casting out demons is one of the commands that Jesus gave, yet most people are completely disobedient to it. Deliverance isn't the job of some special ministry, it is the job of all Christians.

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but this is just not true and you are obviously talking from a place of fear and not victory.
I have yet to find a single Christian who does not need deliverance in some area of their life.

Casting out demons is one of the commands that Jesus gave, yet most people are completely disobedient to it. Deliverance isn't the job of some special ministry, it is the job of all Christians.

I have to agree here. With all due respect to @PottersHands, I know the OP personally, and she is indeed called to it. In fact, it will need to be a dominant part of her ministry because last time I talked to her she was feeling led to eventually start a Christian Health Care Ministry for the mentally ill.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I have to agree here. With all due respect to @PottersHands, I know the OP personally, and she is indeed called to it. In fact, it will need to be a dominant part of her ministry because last time I talked to her she was feeling led to eventually start a Christian Health Care Ministry for the mentally ill.
Thanks.
I started doing deliverance back in the 70s, and knew next to nothing!
I have never received nor sought any position or status in the church, but just done what needed doing and learned on the job so to speak.

As I moved forward I just kept close to the Lord and allowed him to lead me.

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm obviously talking from a place of fear? Fear of what?
I have a good friend who for a period of about a year was surrounded by spirits who showed themselves to him daily. (have you ever seen this?) I know 2 people who were with him and saw these spirits. He sent me some pictures that are beyond explanation. I was very careful with this experience because I didn't want to harm my family, my children, my grandchild. My friend wasn't possessed, he didn't need deliverance, he needed Jesus, he needed to be saved. He needed to get off drugs. Eventually he went to treatment for the third time and a very gifted counselor convinced him that God was real. He now says, "Praise Jesus". and the spirits are gone. So how would you handle that differently with your courage and victory?
Every single situation is different. Every person is different. If you just throw your blanket understanding of scripture over everyone without waiting for discernment you'll just turn people off.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a good friend who for a period of about a year was surrounded by spirits who showed themselves to him daily. (have you ever seen this?) I know 2 people who were with him and saw these spirits. He sent me some pictures that are beyond explanation. I was very careful with this experience because I didn't want to harm my family, my children, my grandchild. My friend wasn't possessed, he didn't need deliverance, he needed Jesus, he needed to be saved. He needed to get off drugs. Eventually he went to treatment for the third time and a very gifted counselor convinced him that God was real. He now says, "Praise Jesus". and the spirits are gone. So how would you handle that differently with your courage and victory?
Every single situation is different. Every person is different. If you just throw your blanket understanding of scripture over everyone without waiting for discernment you'll just turn people off.
Glad to know you're still around :wave:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
when do you know you are ready to start you ministry in deliverance. And how do you know you are called to that ministry?

My wife has been given something of a deliverance ministry........
Back in August of 2000 she was told somehow by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus that I was going to be her husband......
and that she should fast and pray for me for five weeks......
for three days / week for four weeks.... only fruit juices... and Messiah Yeshua woke her up in the mornings and got her to pray for me.......
(my wife does not like getting up early)...... and for the fifth week seven days in a row of only fruit juices....

I was 3000 miles north, north east of her... .basking in the most amazing Shalom / peace of mind
that I had ever experienced in my life.....
but especially since the year 1990 when I began to go through a time of anger and disappointment at Messiah Yeshua - Jesus

A deliverance ministry is certainly not easy......
She was living in her home city of Quito, Ecuador and I was home in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
As I said in my previous post,-

For you to discourage people from doing what Jesus commanded by sowing fear of what the demons might do, is hardly edifying.

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I'm suggesting is more subtle than what you are saying. I'm not trying to discourage the OP from anything she feels led to. What I'm saying is we shouldn't always assume the magic solution to problems is to just cast out a demon. This often is a shortcut solution that ignores more difficult solutions like spending a lot of time with someone helping them through a problem. Bob Dewaay tells a very interesting story from his early years as a pastor. He thought he was starting a powerful deliverance ministry and worked very hard at this for several years. Then he noticed that he was often having to get up in the middle of the night and go to someone's house to do yet another deliverance of the same person he had met with several times before. When he finally realized that this person kept going out to bars and fooling around with other men he questioned her commitment to Jesus. Meanwhile he's always having to get up in the middle of the night and he's tired and this is affecting his job as a pastor. When one of his deliverance cases told him one day, "Satan is very afraid of you", he realized that this had turned into an elaborate game of bait and switch. You deliver someone and another demon will always be there needing to be delivered and the end result is that the servant of Jesus is just being worn out chasing these around. The real problem is that the poor woman just doesn't want to give up her sin.

Upvote 0

Laidyjenn

Dec 24, 2018
Suffolk
✟7,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well guess what.... I am a hairstylist who talks to 90% of the ppl who sit in my chair about Jesus Christ and living for Him. And guess what else... I didn't choose this...He chose me. Am I interested in this. Yes I am! I'm interested in anything that The Lord wants to give to me. And He wouldn't have chose me if he didn't think I could do it.
Hey lovely day I know this posting is a year old. But I have the same question you asked a year ago. I'm hoping you see this and we can communicate!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know, all joking aside this is a very interesting question. Was debating with a couple brothers on a thread a few weeks ago on if Christians were intended to have only one major gift or operate in a lot of them, and he showed fairly convincing evidence from the Greek that the intent of God was for believers to be praying to operate in as many of them as they desired, yet they would always nevertheless have one primary office that they were called to operate in and teach their brothers and sisters above all others...

The Holy Spirit had me pray for them all. There were a couple that were a little difficult. Voluntary poverty was the hardest of all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums